2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas

So i've seen a lot of talk on here about how we need to move on from Tannehill after the season but there haven't been a lot of ideas as to who would actually be available that would be an upgrade.

UFA's
Tyrod Taylor
Teddy Bridgewater
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Robert Griffin III
Colin Kaepernick

Possible Free agents if released
Joe Flacco
Eli Manning

Potential Trade Options
Derek Carr
Jacoby Brissett
Russell Wilson- this one isn't very likely. There were rumors floating around in Sept but they seem to have died down

NFL Draft Options
Drew Lock- Missouri- will probably be the first qb off the board with Herbert going back to school but has accuracy issues, which are a huge red flag
Ryan Finley- NC State- consistency is still an issue for him also has pocket awareness issues and not the strongest arm
Justin Herbert- Oregon- would be the 1st overall pick but probably not coming out
Daniel Jones- Duke- My favorite QB in the draft but not a lot of experience and rumor has it he isn't coming out either
Will Grier- West Virginia- accuracy issues and consistency issues. Can't be counted upon as a starter in 2019 IMHO

I don't see an available upgrade at this point in time. 2019 is a terrible time to be replacing a QB. I would much rather spend some money on a quality backup like Ryan Fitzpatrick so there isn't such a drop off when Tannehill gets hurt again. Look for an upgrade in 2020 when the cap hit isn't so bad to release him and the QB draft will be much stronger.

Not a single upgrade on the list unless Tannehill is not healthy.

Yea, because Ryan was a scoreboard wizzer like whenever???

Get over it.

He's career was the definition of "QB in training," which is why you don't draft WRs imitating QBs.

Yea. Great kid. Really good athlete. Seemingly bright. But a perennial frustration as a PRO N F L QB.

He's done.

In fact he's over-baked as is.

Just as an example IMO -- say what you want about Fitz but the dude has lit up the scoreboard (at times) like Thill NEVER could!

11-5 in his last 16 starts. Look it up.

Common "knowledge" to me is that Ryan (again, great kid) has been a QB in development from day 1 in My Yammie.

He still has NOT turned the corner.

He never (NEVER) will at this point.

My opinion. As a HIGHLY FRUSTRATED fan.

BNF.

11-5 in his last 16 starts.

Not a single upgrade on the list unless Tannehill is not healthy.

Dreaming! I would cut Tammehill for anyone in that list. The only thing that I don’t agree with on the list is drafting a QB. That needs to happen in 2020. It’s time to end the Tammy experiment.

Last time I checked, you cannot just play whoever you want. You have to play who is on your schedule and wins against losing teams count as wins for all teams in the NFL. So, I stand by this TRUE statement:

Tannehill is 11-5 in his last 16 starts.

So instead you just cherry pick stats. What’s Tammy’s playoff record?

Last time I checked, you cannot just play whoever you want. You have to play who is on your schedule and wins against losing teams count as wins for all teams in the NFL. So, I stand by this TRUE statement:

Tannehill is 11-5 in his last 16 starts.

Just because it's a true statement doesn't mean we shouldn't add context. I bet a lot of QBs who aren't great have had similar runs. I think I remember someone posting a graphic of it earlier this year.

Tammehill’s accomplishments

Record: 40-42 .488

Ranks 15th of active QBs for rating 86.8

He is average at best and needs to go. He isn’t worth next years salary. He will never lead us to a SB much less a playoff win.

So i've seen a lot of talk on here about how we need to move on from Tannehill after the season but there haven't been a lot of ideas as to who would actually be available that would be an upgrade.

UFA's
Tyrod Taylor/not bad if price is right 1 to 2 yr. we would still not score lot point
Teddy Bridgewater/ up grade if he stay health. first choice
Ryan Fitzpatrick/ he would help maybe wildcard for 1 to 2 yr.
Robert Griffin III/not up grade. good backup
Colin Kaepernick/ he is not getting sign

Possible Free agents if released
Joe Flacco/ not bad choice
Eli Manning/ no way old

Potential Trade Options
Derek Carr/ maybe change may be good
Jacoby Brissett/maybe if coach want him
Russell Wilson- this one isn't very likely. There were rumors floating around in Sept but they seem to have died down

NFL Draft Options
Drew Lock- Missouri- will probably be the first qb off the board with Herbert going back to school but has accuracy issues, which are a huge red flag
Ryan Finley- NC State- consistency is still an issue for him also has pocket awareness issues and not the strongest arm
Justin Herbert- Oregon- would be the 1st overall pick but probably not coming out
Daniel Jones- Duke- My favorite QB in the draft but not a lot of experience and rumor has it he isn't coming out either
Will Grier- West Virginia- accuracy issues and consistency issues. Can't be counted upon as a starter in 2019 IMHO

I don't see an available upgrade at this point in time. 2019 is a terrible time to be replacing a QB. I would much rather spend some money on a quality backup like Ryan Fitzpatrick so there isn't such a drop off when Tannehill gets hurt again. Look for an upgrade in 2020 when the cap hit isn't so bad to release him and the QB draft will be much stronger.
weather you bring thill17 back or not. our offense is outdated.. the nfl have change to scoring point

Looks way better the Os and Tanny ever have. I don’t care about teams having to ‘game plan’ for him. It’s not like he is doing anything different than any other pocket QB. No need to spy the guy. Looks real good to me.

Watched Mullins twice so far. Interesting story. Only offer after one year starting in high school was UAB until last minute Southern Miss offer. Proceeds to break record for yards and TD at Southern Miss. He just seems to get it. I don't think he is the most accurate guy in the world, but he gets it. You already see the sly throw away at someones feet just before getting hit, the movement skills. I think he has made himself a lot of money in his 2 starts. I think he carved out a long career of backup qb that can come in in a stretch. Mccown type career maybe.

LOL at the "cherry pick" comment..... they are his last 16 games. All of them. Really.

Tammehill is a sub .500 QB and has never played in a playoff game. We aren’t talking about a QB who has only been in the league for a few years. Tammy is what 30 yo, he has shown that he isn’t a real starter. He isn’t going to lead a team. I doubt that he could start for anyone other team if he was cut.

Tammehill’s accomplishments

Record: 40-42 .488

Ranks 15th of active QBs for rating 86.8

He is average at best and needs to go. He isn’t worth next years salary. He will never lead us to a SB much less a playoff win.

I may be a minority of one. I'm not a fan of Tannehill, but that list contains no names I find clearly better. Here's my logic . . . take Bridgewater, Luck, Carr, any of them, and swap teams, Tannehill to MINN and Bridgewater to MIA their entire careers. Now, convince me Bridgewater would have won as many games and Tannehill would have lost as many.
Yes, Tannehill is an average QB. No, I don't see that changing. And even his defenders would prefer a top 5 QB. But that doesn't mean the coaching and surrounding talent hasn't helped or hurt any of those QBs.

It’s gonna be Tannehill next year unless this shoulder thing requires major surgery.

Book it.

2020 all bets are off.

Not at his current salary. If he takes a pay cut he’ll find work but nobody is paying Tannehill 26 million next year.

Back
Top Bottom