2020 Dolphins Expect To Have $120 Mil In Cap Space And At Least 10 Picks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Dolphins Expect To Have $120 Mil In Cap Space And At Least 10 Picks

Yeah I might ditch the ticket and wait for the NFL replay for 2019. Saturday will be the day to watch football.

I will be paying keen attention to the Pac-12. I know who Tagovailoa who is, but I haven't seen near enough of KJ Costello,Herbert, Montez, and others.

The Tunsil thing on this forum is just nuts. He isn't a good LT. He is adequate at best. People on this forum post about him like he is a top ten tackle or something even close to that.....he isn't.

Stop!! deluding yourselves, it isn't helping the situation in Miami that the fans are so forgiving and so quick to call one of their players great. It isn't real!!

36 Laremy Tunsil MIA 78 70.4
79.5 62.3 820 491 329 A

Being rated 36th out of 64 starting OT's isn't that good. It is even less than the median.

Come on people! We have the worst roster in the NFL and the guy the most responsible for that roster is now in charge of everything football with the Dolphins.

The top ranked Dolphin at his position was Cameron Wake, he is gone.

Xavien Howard was ranked:
19 Xavien Howard MIA 25 77.3
75.3 83.6 60.0 803 468 334 1 A

Howard , ranked 19th, wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL.

This team is so dysfunctional on so many levels it maddening.

One guy has a good season and all of a sudden he thinks he is the greatest. Last year, the caroms didn't fall to him and he was ranked in the 50's.

This fan base needs to wake up and get real.

Blind homerism isn't helping.

The last thing in the world this fan base needs to do is acquiesce to the gross incompetence of this ownership and FO.

A full blown fan revolt is what is in order.

Viva La Revolucion!!!
So you're saying we should all be PFF homers...

All this is great, seems like the first part of the plan is going great. Miss on the QB and these guys will all be loooking for jobs in 3 or 4 years. What they’re doing is great but it’s the easy part. You better love the QB you pick and be right. No taking chances on anyone, all in or nothing.

I will be paying keen attention to the Pac-12. I know who Tagovailoa who is, but I haven't seen near enough of KJ Costello,Herbert, Montez, and others.

I truly dont think you'd even know what to look for.

So you should probably save yourself the late Saturday nights and do something more productive, like scan PFF for some more rankings.

I don't totally believe that Ross who is a billionaire businessman would keep a guy onboard who was responsible for the mess the team was in. That just doesn't make any sense. Why would he do that?

What does him being successful in real estate have anything to do with managing a football team? And even if Grier has no responsibility whatsoever for past decisions (which I don’t believe), didn’t Ross hire those who did and keep them on too long?

The cap space moving forward is going to become a valuable weapon for Miami. The enormous amount will allow them many opportunities in signing players, as well as, making potential trades. Cleveland got a 2nd round pick by taking on Brock Osweiler's contact. Then released him with no future cap ramifications, because the had enough cap space to absorb the hit. Smart if you ask me. Then they trade for both Olivier Vernon and Odell Beckhem Jr., again because, they have the cap space to absorb the contracts. Once Miami draft their potential Franchise QB, I can see Miami conducting similar style business. They've already thought outside the box, with the Trade of Tannehill. I believe they'll continue to make similar moves, moving forward.

The Tunsil thing on this forum is just nuts. He isn't a good LT. He is adequate at best. People on this forum post about him like he is a top ten tackle or something even close to that.....he isn't.

Stop!! deluding yourselves, it isn't helping the situation in Miami that the fans are so forgiving and so quick to call one of their players great. It isn't real!!

36 Laremy Tunsil MIA 78 70.4
79.5 62.3 820 491 329 A

Being rated 36th out of 64 starting OT's isn't that good. It is even less than the median.

Come on people! We have the worst roster in the NFL and the guy the most responsible for that roster is now in charge of everything football with the Dolphins.

The top ranked Dolphin at his position was Cameron Wake, he is gone.

Xavien Howard was ranked:
19 Xavien Howard MIA 25 77.3
75.3 83.6 60.0 803 468 334 1 A

Howard , ranked 19th, wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL.

This team is so dysfunctional on so many levels it maddening.

One guy has a good season and all of a sudden he thinks he is the greatest. Last year, the caroms didn't fall to him and he was ranked in the 50's.

This fan base needs to wake up and get real.

Blind homerism isn't helping.

The last thing in the world this fan base needs to do is acquiesce to the gross incompetence of this ownership and FO.

A full blown fan revolt is what is in order.

Viva La Revolucion!!!

He was not the most responsible unless you're giving Tannenbaum a pass.

Don't, can't, won't understand how this thread elicits negative responses.

If we can't be happy TODAY- forget yesterday and tomorrow- TODAY that we are looking at those cap #s and amount of picks, then I don't know what to tell you.

Guys, I don't want to offend anyone but you have to be a real bitter person to read 120 mill in cap space and at least 10 picks and go, " These mothfkrs are terrible. Look what they've done before. We're still going to be ****."

Sorry for all of the cursing but if any fking thread should've gotten zero negative fking feedback, it should've been fking this one.

Again, sorry for the unnecessary overuse of cursing but how do you read that title and go negative? I just can't wrap my head around it.

Don't, can't, won't understand how this thread elicits negative responses.

If we can't be happy TODAY- forget yesterday and tomorrow- TODAY that we are looking at those cap #s and amount of picks, then I don't know what to tell you.

Guys, I don't want to offend anyone but you have to be a real bitter person to read 120 mill in cap space and at least 10 picks and go, " These mothfkrs are terrible. Look what they've done before. We're still going to be ****."

Sorry for all of the cursing but if any fking thread should've gotten zero negative fking feedback, it should've been fking this one.

Again, sorry for the unnecessary overuse of cursing but how do you read that title and go negative? I just can't wrap my head around it.
:good:

Sometimes people don't take gifts like when Matt Miller passed on DeMarcus Ware and chose WR Mike Williams, or like when the Dolphins drafted Ted Ginn & family and passed on Patrick Willis.

Tunsil dropping like he did, despite having one of the highest grades in the draft....was pure luck on our part. It was a no brainer scenario. Sadly, Davie does have a history of blowing such things.

And since Chris Grier is still GM we will take a defensive end that cant get sacks with our 1st pick, and no olineman, qbs, linebackers for the rest of the picks.

What does him being successful in real estate have anything to do with managing a football team? And even if Grier has no responsibility whatsoever for past decisions (which I don’t believe), didn’t Ross hire those who did and keep them on too long?

Business is business. You make hires in any business that you think will work out or make sense. You give time and expend energy as a boss to promote your culture and you have expectations. When you see the productivity is not where it needs to be or someone is not buying into your culture, then you have to move on. There is no one that has run a business that will say they've always made smart hires.

Last edited:
Grier has done very good work. Now Reggie McKenzie is in the mix.

A lot of smart, tenured folk in the building.

Was that a haiku?

Back
Top Bottom