2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets?

Free Agency is still a way off and this list will change, but I thought it would be a good to get a discussion going on which Free Agents we should or could potentially target. I tried not to include anyone older than 30. I will say that this is far from a complete list, these would be you higher-rated FAs so they will cost a little more money (some a considerable amount of money).

Edge Players

Jedaveon Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Chris Jones
Arik Armstead
Dante Fowler
Shaq Barrett
Bud Dupree
Matthew Judon
Leonard Williams
Kyle Van Noy

RB

Derrick Henry
Melvin Gordon
Kenyan Drake

OL

Brandon Scherff
Jack Conklin
Joe Thuney
DJ Humphries

CB

Byron Jones
James Bradbury
Logan Ryan (will be 29 at the start of the season)

Safeties

Justin Simmons
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Anthony Harris
Von Bell

I won't name names, but I doubt Miami will sign ANY FA top 1 or 2 at his position. Now, that's just a gut feel, no evidence, but I think Miami will be smart with it's cap and getting, say, the 4th best for far less $ will still be an amazing upgrade at a number of positions.
I have no problem with 2-3 over-30 guys. I think the goal is show noticeable improvement in '20 and over-30 guys buy 2-3 years to bring in and groom long-term solutions.

Free Agency is still a way off and this list will change, but I thought it would be a good to get a discussion going on which Free Agents we should or could potentially target. I tried not to include anyone older than 30. I will say that this is far from a complete list, these would be you higher-rated FAs so they will cost a little more money (some a considerable amount of money).

Edge Players

Jedaveon Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Chris Jones
Arik Armstead
Dante Fowler
Shaq Barrett
Bud Dupree
Matthew Judon
Leonard Williams
Kyle Van Noy

RB

Derrick Henry
Melvin Gordon
Kenyan Drake

OL

Brandon Scherff
Jack Conklin
Joe Thuney
DJ Humphries

CB

Byron Jones
James Bradbury
Logan Ryan (will be 29 at the start of the season)

Safeties

Justin Simmons
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Anthony Harris
Von Bell
how about you do a more realistic one, half of them might not even make it to be a free agent.

I think this is where the Pats tightfistedness finally hurts them. I see their FAs getting clipped which will force Brady to leave and they will have nothing to really build on. Van Noy and Thuney are going to be targets, one is likely both is a bit of a dream.

With the scheme they run i can see 2 DB's being added in FA and still drafting one.

What s the status of Trent Williams?
I know he's 31 but I wouldn't be opposed to a 4 year deal. Put him next to dieter to mentor. Focus on center and right guard in draft. I'm a fan of Humphreys or baidasz late 1st. Maybe add kindly from Georgia at RG.

What s the status of Trent Williams?
I know he's 31 but I wouldn't be opposed to a 4 year deal. Put him next to dieter to mentor. Focus on center and right guard in draft. I'm a fan of Humphreys or baidasz late 1st. Maybe add kindly from Georgia at RG.

He's under contract for another year.

how about you do a more realistic one, half of them might not even make it to be a free agent.

I said the list would change...it is who is not signed at the moment, I also mentioned the list s far from complete and I included only what would be seen as "top 50" free agents.

i would like to see two quality offensive lineman added.

Not break the bank, "highest paid OG ever" type deals, just good, solid OL additions. Then add an OL with a 1-2 round pick.

Beyond that, bolstering the pass rush and the secondary.Then address both areas with high picks as well.

Maybe a veteran RB on reasonable $.

There are a couple of linemen I considered adding. The tackle from Indy (Constanzo) for example as a possible fit. I do think the team may look to sign a couple of older players if nothing else, having that vet presence in the locker room.

I read he said he is either staying in Indy or retiring. I would try for Thuney if NE doesn’t want to pay him..

I read he said he is either staying in Indy or retiring. I would try for Thuney if NE doesn’t want to pay him..

I think Thuney and Van Noy are real possibilities...

I would prefer Conklin over Schreff is we were to spend big money as Schreff is hurt...a lot.

Simmons at Safety is another option I like.

I know I will be in the minority, but I would be ok with spending the money for Henry for a couple of years.

I think Thuney and Van Noy are real possibilities...

I would prefer Conklin over Schreff is we were to spend big money as Schreff is hurt...a lot.
I’d rather get Thuney as opposed to Scherff, mainly due to health..

Hasn’t Conklin dealt with injuries too? Still want to sign someone as an RT... could see the staff liking Davis there still but maybe we kick him
In to right guard

Either way, we need to bring some dudes in and I will try to be happy no matter what lol

Also do not be surprised if we do a 2 for 1 kind of move. Where someone is targeted and then it allows someone to move into a different possibly better position. Example being signing a RT allowing Davis to play RG. 2 spots on the line fixed with one move. Could also do this by bringing in a CB, moving Needham to slot making nickel and dime packages better due to the depth built up this year.

Food for thought, cant make infinite moves or waste all the cap built up in one off season so have to find a way to stretch the dollars and roster out.

Also do not be surprised if we do a 2 for 1 kind of move. Where someone is targeted and then it allows someone to move into a different possibly better position. Example being signing a RT allowing Davis to play RG. 2 spots on the line fixed with one move. Could also do this by bringing in a CB, moving Needham to slot making nickel and dime packages better due to the depth built up this year.

Food for thought, cant make infinite moves or waste all the cap built up in one off season so have to find a way to stretch the dollars and roster out.

Oh yeah, and I think that is the plan...both Grier and Flores said it is not about the one off-season. I do think some of the signings will seem high, but that is just due to the consistent rise each year...

If the draft is about a QB and the team does trade up for Tua, then you need some things in place so o-line could see 3 signings, 2 expected starters and someone to compete.

I’d rather get Thuney as opposed to Scherff, mainly due to health..

Hasn’t Conklin dealt with injuries too? Still want to sign someone as an RT... could see the staff liking Davis there still but maybe we kick him
In to right guard

Either way, we need to bring some dudes in and I will try to be happy no matter what lol

Conklin had a knee injury in January of 2018 and had a rough 2018 season recovering from it, but bounced back with a 80ish pff grad this year. Tenn might feel bad now about not picking up that option.

I would check on Graham Glasgow as well. He is out of favor in Detroit but rated top 10 at his position.

Otherwise, my preference would be to avoid the higher priced free agents and go after the second tier. Build the team with guys that are hungry and not those that have already landed their "contract of a lifetime".

Back
Top Bottom