2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

Hurts has been killing it all season... Showing that he can really throw the football. He looked great throwing the football at the combine because he has continued to improve and evolve as a QB.... He is not the same kid that was tentative throwing the ball back when Tua supplanted him.

I like Hurts because he’s a great kid and I’m pulling for him but I don’t think he “killed it”. I still consider Hurts a day 3 pick that should be a good back up.

It hasn’t even happened yet and already I’m rolling my eyes over the level of orgasming by ESPN talking heads when the Ravens select Hurts to be Lamar Jackson’s backup/insurance policy.

QBs...

Herbert and Love did exactly what I think most people expected. Both displayed incredible arm talent and showed good to great athleticism. They are easily QBs 3 and 4 in this draft and both should/could be top 10 picks.

I feel bad for Fromm, not only does he not have the arm strength and it showed, he struggled to even have two good throws in a row. Imagine going into the combine, knowing people are questioning your arm, and having to throw between Eason and Herbert. Kid was doomed to fail next to those cannons.

Montez didn't appear to have a single muscle on his entire body, The Hawaii QB showed a lot of athleticism.

Nothing else stood out in the QB group, although I only watched a little of the 2nd group. Mosntly just Love, so I may have missed something.

Juedy, Ruggs, Lamb, and Higgins are my top 4 and I don't think anything changed yesterday.

Reagor and that freak athleticism as well as that tape...I would be shocked if he doesn't go round 1.

The one that caught me a little off-guard was Shenault...I really did think he was faster than that. I still really like him and feel he has the potential to be a very good NFL WR...goos with the ball in his hands and extremely powerful. Him, Jefferson, and Aiyuk should end up in round 1 as well.

This WR group is really freaking good.

Mims put up similar numbers to Julio Jones - but with much less weight on his frame.

Ultimately, these tests don't matter much for WR's. You just don't want guys completely flaming out. It's fun to see someone go nuts, but it won't make them good, just as mediocre or poor results doesn't make someone bad - or even not great. Antonio Brown is arguably the premier WR of the 2010s, and he tested terribly.

But, Jefferson and Mims probably go Top 40 now. I think Jefferson was always likely to go in that range, though.

52 touchdowns guys.... At what point are you going to start taking him seriously? When the espn analysts said his arm was improved and now above average.... Crickets.... All the kid has ever done is win, lead by example, and outwork everyone else in college football.

He has shown he can throw it... and really spin it. He looked great at the combine

Success no matter where he plays... no matter the system
Improvement in his arm strength and mechanics every year
Incredible overall athleticism

Instead of spending three firsts to try to get Tua...

Why not Hurts in the third round?

Mims put up similar numbers to Julio Jones - but with much less weight on his frame.

Ultimately, these tests don't matter much for WR's. You just don't want guys completely flaming out. It's fun to see someone go nuts, but it won't make them good, just as mediocre or poor results doesn't make someone bad - or even not great. Antonio Brown is arguably the premier WR of the 2010s, and he tested terribly.

But, Jefferson and Mims probably go Top 40 now. I think Jefferson was always likely to go in that range, though.

Yeah, I know DPJ put up insane numbers, but I still don't want him.

We've have seen Reagor display that athleticism, but to put numbers to it...

This group as a whole is incredibly athletic...

Yeah, I know DPJ put up insane numbers, but I still don't want him.

We've have seen Reagor display that athleticism, but to put numbers to it...

This group as a whole is incredibly athletic...

A lot of people are dogging him for his 4.47, and I did expect low to mid 4.3's, but imo that's a testament to how fast he actually plays. His burst is unreal, and the testing did show that.

The guy who helped himself the most last night - for me - was not a WR. Cole Kmet had been getting late-1st buzz, and he solidified himself as the top TE for me.

I want this kid to wear Aqua and Orange...

I have been pulling the bandwagon by hand for him for a year now...

I think the kid is an absolute steal if he lasts until the third round.
Right...reminds me of Steve smith

A lot of people are dogging him for his 4.47, and I did expect low to mid 4.3's, but imo that's a testament to how fast he actually plays. His burst is unreal, and the testing did show that.

The guy who helped himself the most last night - for me - was not a WR. Cole Kmet had been getting late-1st buzz, and he solidified himself as the top TE for me.
Kmet looked all world.

Glad you guys liked Cole Kmet. Now when I start pounding the table to draft him, I won't look like a total homer.

Really liked that Claypool showed athleticism though he is like Williams and Parker so not sure we need a guy like that. Mims showed some quickness but still think Miami is more in the market for a slot quick twitch guy. Disappointing Lynn Bowden did very little work and KJ Hill didn't really flash much overall athleticism which stinks after his good senior bowl week.

Herbert looked good and tested extremely well which was expected in the compression shorts showcase there at Indy, some of his throws weren't overly accurate but he adjusted quick and started hitting his spots. He did look like he was occasionally aiming the ball, not sure he was ever given the freedom to let it rip; I will be eager to see him continue to work with people and see if he just gets out of his head and hits that last step of his drop and lets it fly with trust in his arm. And the added weight looks good, I can see him adding a bit more to his lower half, his frame can totally handle it.

The more I break it down the less I like Burrow as a QB, as a leader as a teammate he is world class. But his measurements were meh, and there are things I have heard about him like always using two hands that if you go back and look at tape its there. The perfect storm of a season just seems to be fading away. Tua is about to start throwing and could throw before Burrow in this whole process which is insane to think about. Hebert is making every round he can and is performing as well as he can. At this time IMO even if Miami was #1 its Tua or Herbert. Burrow is my QB3 now.

Dobbins showing some strength and power in his frame, will be excited to see him test. Good option at 39 if he makes it that far.

Anyone notice Tua's pronounced limp? As he walked down that hall with other players, you could see the limp. You would have to be blind to know he is not as ready as some have said.
He will need a year on the bench. Not to just learn, but to get healthy.

it's not a limp, it's called the Galu pimp walk

Back
Top Bottom