2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

I would think a limp at this stage is completely normal, can’t imagine he would walk 100% yet

Hurts has been killing it all season... Showing that he can really throw the football. He looked great throwing the football at the combine because he has continued to improve and evolve as a QB.... He is not the same kid that was tentative throwing the ball back when Tua supplanted him.
He definitely got a little better but with all these posts of yours I’m beginning to think maybe you are in fact Jalen hurts himself. That or you’re totally enamored with the season Lamar jackson just had and want to replicate that... the guy is obviously a running qb first and sure his passing is a little better but being able to complete some easy passes doesn’t make him some superbly accurate passer.. if we had some more extra 3rds or 4ths, I’d be all for drafting him as a backup to our round 1 qb. But we don’t, and drafting a project qb as your plan A isn’t a wise move, as I’ve seen you advocate before. No matter how you sell it, using all the premium picks for other players and then a 3rd for Hurts? Lol no

He definitely got a little better but with all these posts of yours I’m beginning to think maybe you are in fact Jalen hurts himself. That or you’re totally enamored with the season Lamar jackson just had and want to replicate that... the guy is obviously a running qb first and sure his passing is a little better but being able to complete some easy passes doesn’t make him some superbly accurate passer.. if we had some more extra 3rds or 4ths, I’d be all for drafting him as a backup to our round 1 qb. But we don’t, and drafting a project qb as your plan A isn’t a wise move, as I’ve seen you advocate before. No matter how you sell it, using all the premium picks for other players and then a 3rd for Hurts? Lol no

We have plenty of extra picks.... Holy crap dude

Really felt bad for Fromm watching him try to throw the football out there. Kid deserves better than that. But it just is what it is.

He didn't look great did he, probably hurt himself more than any other guy out there, shame it was never a situation that was going to highlight what he does best. I'm not very high on him but he is better than the impression he surely gave at the combine at least in these drills. I'm sure he aced the interviews, which I imagine the teams put more stock in anyway.

We have plenty of extra picks.... Holy crap dude
That is not the main takeaway you should have had from my post.

a 3rd round project qb isnt going to turn this ship around. He's not some total package qb like you are trying to sell.

We have 3 firsts, 2 seconds, and a third I believe. IF we were to go by your plan of bypassing any QB in the first two rounds, we have to use a third on Hurts. However, do you really risk someone else takes him? Thats a high possibility with the rest of the league knowing we need a qb, so you have to take him in the second (might already go there) .... so, yeah.... I'd rather go with our guy in the top of the first and use the rest of the picks to build around him / the team. Not the other way around

Last edited:
52 touchdowns guys.... At what point are you going to start taking him seriously? When the espn analysts said his arm was improved and now above average.... Crickets.... All the kid has ever done is win, lead by example, and outwork everyone else in college football.

He has shown he can throw it... and really spin it. He looked great at the combine

Success no matter where he plays... no matter the system
Improvement in his arm strength and mechanics every year
Incredible overall athleticism

Instead of spending three firsts to try to get Tua...

Why not Hurts in the third round?

I’ll take Hurts in round 3.

Netane Muti with 44 reps at 225 that dude is a monster, just wish he could stay healthy.

John Simpson showing some strength as well with 34 reps. He is interesting, eager to see his drills and watching his fluidity. Feel like he is a beast but might be more suited for particular schemes with less movement.

other notables..
Thomas - 21
Becton - 23
Hennessey - 23
Wirfs - 24
Cushenberry - 25
Wilson - 26
Jackson - 27
Ruiz - 28

Back
Top Bottom