2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

Isn't this the same excuse as "that person is just not a good test taker". So when his career is on the line...hes a no show.

Was he a poor test taker on the field where it matters most?

And unlike a mental test, is it not reasonable to acknowledge that a physical injury would affect a physical test?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-laviska-shenault-need-surgery-nagging-injury

Reasons why something happened or didn't happen doesn’t automatically equate to an ‘excuse’.

It’s also ironic how the word ‘excuse’ is often thrown around as an excuse to dismiss something.

But it’s about context. Jerry Rice tested slow, but we know he wasn’t. Why he ‘tested’ slow can he debated.

When watching film of Shenault consistently running with other guys that ‘tested’ much faster, it’s clear he’s comparable. For me, I’m more inclined to believe the larger sample size than a single day test.

FWIW, it does appear Shenault is dealing with a nagging injury that logically would affect his test.

I hate when I mess with my pelvis too much and it gets all inflamed.

I'm not adverse to Herbert like a lot of folks are. I still have Tua and Burrow in a league of their own in terms of talent. If we can't get Tua for whatever reason, I'm running that card at 5 up for Herbert personally, but we got to have exhausted the options of getting Tua first. Kyle Crabbs on Locked on talked a little on this and his stance was that he would stay at 5 and let the draft come to him, he's a Tua guy and feels that our competition isn't really there but Detriot are trying to screw us for their benefit. His biggest worry is Detroit just taking him themselves and if they did that of course, there is nothing we can do other than drop to plan B. That's got to be taking Herbert at 5, Love may be the better fit for our offense though.
Its possible that Herbert, or Love could develop with this coaching staff. That's really been the missing link for ages in Miami.

I agree on the top two of Burrow and Tua. But it also seems like the market is being fabricated to try to get teams to move up. Perhaps Tua actually falls to #5.

The only comparison I have, injury wise, is Buster Posey. While his defense remains solid after the injury, he is not able to supply the same torque he previously could when hitting.

I know baseball to football is a bad comparison, but Tua still has to be considered a risk even though he is healing well.

6'7, 364 pounds. Is that even healthy? I imagine any OL coach is going to tell him to drop at least 40 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom