2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

Its possible that Herbert, or Love could develop with this coaching staff. That's really been the missing link for ages in Miami.

I agree on the top two of Burrow and Tua. But it also seems like the market is being fabricated to try to get teams to move up. Perhaps Tua actually falls to #5.

The only comparison I have, injury wise, is Buster Posey. While his defense remains solid after the injury, he is not able to supply the same torque he previously could when hitting.

I know baseball to football is a bad comparison, but Tua still has to be considered a risk even though he is healing well.
Wasn’t poseys injury a knee?

I said it way before this combine and I’ll say it again. There’s no way I chose any other defensive player besides Simmons. He reminds me of Shawn Taylor.

C.Young who? Please!

IMO you’re wrong about Chase Young, but I fully agree about Simmons. I like him just as much. Enough that I won’t be upset if he was selected at 5 instead of a QB not named Tua.

Just a note on Shenault. He apparently played with a core muscle injury the entire year. He ran poorly at the combine and now we know why. He was injured. Going to have core muscle surgery to correct the problem.

Been telling the overreaction crowd the same thing, but they never wanna listen.....

IMO you’re wrong about Chase Young, but I fully agree about Simmons. I like him just as much. Enough that I won’t be upset if he was selected at 5 instead of a QB not named Tua.

There is so much dawg(fight) I see in Simmons that I simply don’t see in Young. Simmons can line up in at least 3-4 positions on the field and play damn well. I don’t see that from Young. If I’m going to draft a defensive player #1 then I’m taking the guy with a lot more versatility and upside.

The fact that Young isn’t participating confirms exactly what I see on tape. A guy that would rather quit and watch others instead of going out there and showing he’s the best.

Sean Taylor was such a baller.

I swear he moves like S.Taylor did. He looks like he’s gliding out there like he’s not even trying. But that 4.39 tells you he’s absolutely moving.

He has game making plays written all over him at the next level.

Last edited:
This WR class turned out very disappointing. They did not test. I suppose it's worth taking a stab at Henry Ruggs and Chase Claypool and Antonio Gibson from this class in the first round, but I do not know, they did not test in all categories.
Of those who did test, Juwan Johnson ORE, Michael Pittman USC and KJ Osborn are draftable. The rest are not.
Very disappointing.
Now, I do not think the Dolphins should drat a WR until day 3, and only if one of those 3 is available.
Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Higgins etc are not draftable? Dude, no offense but what ****ing planet do you live on?

DB's tonight and we need to root for Okudah to have a great combine so that the Lions really really want to draft him and maybe we can stay at 5 and take Tua there. It makes sense for the Giants to want Wills or Becton or Simmons. With burrow going 1-2 that'd leave Tua to us and we could have some peace around here. And with that I'm off to church now.

Alton Robinson had a really nice day and would be a nice value pick on day 2 if you are looking for edge. That explosion showed on tape and was reinforced at the combine...6'3" 262 4.69 35.5 119.

According to LZ, Cleveland suffered a turf-toe injury in Week 2 of 2019. I haven't focused on him yet, but he gets solid grades by the people I respect, and that kind of athleticism matters at OT. According to Dane Brugler, he doesn't turn 22 until May. If Miami misses out on the top group (seems likely), Cleveland should be near the top of Tier 2 based on his overall profile.

Going to watch him this weekend to see where I think he fits, but Miami would probably have to use 26 on him.

Back
Top Bottom