2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

Winfield in the 2nd/3rd...or Tanner Muse in the 3rd/4th?

Tanner Muse, I choose YOU!

No 3 cone at CB IS a big problem.

Very disappointed in the combine. The changes they made aren't worthy of primetime. Apparently the players, local business' and residents didn't like the changes, as well. Lots of people complaining.

That would be a major fumble on Miami's part.

I think Jones has as much potential as Herbert, Love or Burrow. I think a healthy Tua would be the best option, but Jones for either a 2021 1st or a 2nd this year would be a steal.

Epenesa wins with his hands. Kept beating Austin Jackson with the same move. Which doesn’t bode all that well for Jackson either. Epenesa beat him inside and outside.

Epenesa gets his hips aligned to the pocket and uses devastating hand swipes and push pull. He wins with technique.

Not a lot of upside as a high double digit sack guy, but versatility and ability to come in and play immediately and have a nice career is what you’re getting. Good player.

Yeah. Charles Harris had and still has no technique. Disappointing combine for Epenesa for sure, and will fall down the board. But apples to oranges

This WR class turned out very disappointing. They did not test. I suppose it's worth taking a stab at Henry Ruggs and Chase Claypool and Antonio Gibson from this class in the first round, but I do not know, they did not test in all categories.
Of those who did test, Juwan Johnson ORE, Michael Pittman USC and KJ Osborn are draftable. The rest are not.
Very disappointing.
Now, I do not think the Dolphins should drat a WR until day 3, and only if one of those 3 is available.

I’ll say this; you choose some very unusual hills to die on. While I disagree with about 75% of the things you say, I applaud your bravery.

I hope they get us at least two starting OL guys in free agency
I'm sure they will. Probably not top names though.

I would say a good G, an average T.

Then draft a T, as well. We might also add a C in the draft if one happens to be in the BPA tier, in rd2.

I think Jesse Davis is servicable at RT, better at gaurd. Boehm is good depth.

I'm also thinking/hoping Deiter is much better for the experience gained, and an offseason of NFL level strength training.

Draft Strategy may be to take BPA at #5 TUA if he is there. If not then Simmons. they can then try to package #18 and another pick to move up and draft Love before raiders pick.

Draft Strategy may be to take BPA at #5 TUA if he is there. If not then Simmons. they can then try to package #18 and another pick to move up and draft Love before raiders pick.
To move up from 18 to 11 or higher will require at least 400 points (I doubt the Jets would trade with us, or us with them.) That is going to be a second round pick at least.

Why not just move up from 5 to get a better QB prospect?

To move up from 18 to 11 or higher will require at least 400 points (I doubt the Jets would trade with us, or us with them.) That is going to be a second round pick at least.

Why not just move up from 5 to get a better QB prospect?
Agreed but it’s not bad backup plan.
Washington or Detroit May just Draft Tua.
I would be rooting for Tua if I were DET or Wash fan.
So if Tua becomes impossible, grab Okudah, move into the top 10 for your QB.

Agreed but it’s not bad backup plan.
Washington or Detroit May just Draft Tua.
I would be rooting for Tua if I were DET or Wash fan.
So if Tua becomes impossible, grab Okudah, move into the top 10 for your QB.

I could get behind this (if Tua is off the board), although I'm honestly torn between Okudah and Simmons.

However, just like the Giants panicked with Jones at 6 last year I think the Dolphins will panic with the Chargers and Panthers right behind them and just take their QB at 5.

There is so much dawg(fight) I see in Simmons that I simply don’t see in Young. Simmons can line up in at least 3-4 positions on the field and play damn well. I don’t see that from Young. If I’m going to draft a defensive player #1 then I’m taking the guy with a lot more versatility and upside.

The fact that Young isn’t participating confirms exactly what I see on tape. A guy that would rather quit and watch others instead of going out there and showing he’s the best.

Again, agree about Simmons.

But be real about CY2. He’s far from the only top prospect to ever skip combine workouts. When you know you’re going top 2-5 already, what’s the point? These guys do as their agents advise.

Did you think Nick Bosa was a quitter or was weak when he decided to forgo the rest of his Junior season at Ohio State to prepare for the draft? Or all the other marquee players that have done the same thing, even skipping bowl games?

Which is worse in the grand scheme? Bailing on your team in actual games or missing combine activities?

And nobody is talking trash about Bosa now that he had an amazing rookie season.

Again, these top prospects will do as their agents tell’em. That’s why Burrow isn’t doing a lot of drills either. Agents that know there’s little chance to improve their clients stock are going to play it safe.

Doesn’t mean that player isn’t a stud.

Simmons, on the other hand, wasn’t considered by most to be a top 5 pick. Maybe not even top 10. He had a lot to potentially gain and likely has done so. Great for him!

But sucks for fans like me that had the pipedream of landing him with their #18 or via a trade up to 10-15.

Tua at 5 and Simmons would have made this Dolphins fan very ecstatic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom