2021 Composite Ranking (Defense) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Ranking (Defense)

I should've checked here first.

I was just thinking to myself the last couple of days, why the hell don't I hear Kelvin Joseph's name more often for a Day 2 or even Day 1 pick?

He's a unique player that can be moved anywhere in the secondary to neutralize a matchup problem.

He did give up the big play to Kyle Pitts, but who didn't.

Haven't thought about that kind of possibility with all the focus on O but yeah -- that would be totally intimidating
and definitely worth a long hard look! Imagine we grab Barmore and Parsons R1! Then go all O crazy the balance of the draft.
That's an interesting possibility IMO.
Especially if Miami goes heavy offense in free agency.

I really like Basham as a possibility at around #18 as well. He's someone who can kick inside on passing downs.

And then imagine it against the pass and the infinite amount of time a QB would have. If we're spending a first round pick on D line, it better be to get a guy who can create consistent pressure. Pass rush is non existent on this team unless it's schemed which in turn leaves the secondary out to dry. Admittedly, this what Flores likes to do and why we've spent so much $$ on DBs, but it may be time to get some guys who can pressure the qb.
I still think Parsons might be the best pass rusher in this draft.

Some might laugh, but I wouldn't use him much in coverage. I want him rushing the passer as much as possible.

Seriously don't know why Baron Browning hasn't been more well regarded.

Can't put on a tape of him that I don't love.

Explosive, fast, agile, strong, gritty, versatile. I'd love him in Miami.
At #36 or #50? Does he make it to 50?

Nah, not trading up. If Barmore goes there some other quality player will make it to our pick.

Terrible year to need a larger RDT. I like Onwuzurike but at 288 I'm afraid he won't hold up against the run at the next level.

There are some NT prospects but w 0 pass rush and Davis seems to have settled down well there.

Tufele, Wilson and Tuipulotu look like they would be the most suitable scheme fits after Barmore.
Wilson if he makes it to R3. I like Tufele a lot.

I should've checked here first.

I was just thinking to myself the last couple of days, why the hell don't I hear Kelvin Joseph's name more often for a Day 2 or even Day 1 pick?

He's a unique player that can be moved anywhere in the secondary to neutralize a matchup problem.

He did give up the big play to Kyle Pitts, but who didn't.

Haven't looked at him. Will do now. So far, Horn is my top CB.

Camryn Bynum looks a good midround depth pick too. He's an atypical press outside cb in that he's not long, but he mirrors very well and is a fluid mover with plenty of physicality to his game. You want press corners to be physical because they want to be, not because they have to be to survive. Bynum has the athleticism to survive without getting hands on but he just increases his effectiveness by being disruptive. Has had some takeaways too and gets his hands up regularly to break balls up.

Hasn't played slot afaik, seems like an outside guy but you never know.

I saw a video of Stokes running a 4.26 40. That's should move him up some boards

I'll be posting them to the Jets site.

If the pandemic wasn't enough, now i have to consider joining a Jets site?

All joking aside, while i'll always be a Dolphins fan, i'm an even bigger fan of the draft. The rankings, insight and debate you provide is one of the reasons i make time to log in. It won't be the same without you.

Paulson Adebo is another player I don't think is valued highly enough out there in draft chatter. I see Slimm has him top of day 3. I could see that, maybe even bottom day 2. Opting out hurt him, i think, but the talent and attitude on-field is there to see.

I saw a video of Stokes running a 4.26 40. That's should move him up some boards
He's straight line quick but I don't know if he has the stop start ability to stay with the shiftier guys. He's a bit oil-tankerish for a guy his size and athletic profile.

Miller said their weights were:

Oweh, 256
Parsons, 245
Jaycee, 210

It would be one thing about Jayson Oweh if I watched him play football and I'm shocked by his physical prowess.

But I watched him play football and I'm like holy smokes who is that guy I want him on my team.

The stats aren't there but I don't really care. The stats sucked for Rashan Gary too. He's phenomenal with the Packers.

That Jaycee Horn and Micah Parsons have such great physical ability is also not at all surprising.

I'm not as high on Basham as others are.

It's a weak edge class though, so i do see someone pulling the trigger on him earlier even if i don't see the value.

Miller said their weights were:

Oweh, 256
Parsons, 245
Jaycee, 210

Parsons and Oweh have had a friendly competition for the last few years at Penn State. There's videos of them doing circle drills and springs against one another. Both are freaks. The difference is Parson produced at a high level, and while Oweh showed occasional flashes, his production does not align with a Top40 pick.

Oweh is raw with limited game action - 20 career games. He's only a redshirt sophomore and didn't have a typical offspring last year to take that next step. If you're drafting him, you have to be patient because he needs technical development.

Back
Top Bottom