2021 Dolphin and NFL Draft Rumors | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Dolphin and NFL Draft Rumors

New coaching staff in ATL. They could take Pitts. They also might not want to tie their future to a 36 year old QB. They could draft his replacement or trade down. Burrow is coming off a major injury. They could draft him a shiny toy in Pitts or Chase. They could also draft Sewell to protect his blindside the next 10+ years and target a WR round 2. They already have Boyd and Higgins, so it’s not like they have zero offensive threats. It’s kind of a win-win for us because if Pitts and Chase are gone our pick becomes more valuable to trade down and if they are available we get an elite target.
IMO it's 50/50 for Atlanta (Pitts/QB or trade with another team that goes Pitts/QB) and Cincy Sewell/Chase. I doubt either of those teams even know what they're doing yet. I do like the story line of Burrow/Chase and Tua/Smith.

What areas do you guys need to improve on the most regarding the draft?
I don't think the Dolphins have many needs in the traditional sense. The roster is pretty good, and we have depth. We could use a RB, edge rusher, wr, and C. But really this team needs elite talent more than anything. The roster has a lot of good players, but very few, if any, that I would describe as the upper echelon of their position. Maybe X but that really is it.

Interesting take, most of us are on Pitts, Chase or Smith at #6 but Waddle and his game breaking speed very well could be the ingredient the FO values the most to help open up the rest of the offense. Could argue we are fine in the TE room, that Chase is redundant and Smith a tad too risky at #6. Could be.

Waddle and Watson would certainly keep those safeties back and if we land that RB we all want, can start pounding that rock.

I swear to ALL HEAVENS this "rumor" I'm reading about Gesicki to KC for a 5th rounder BETTER be the biggest April fools ever. I would personally go down to Davie to clean the front office out.

It's very likely a trash rumor...but arghhhhhhhh!!!!!

The only way something like that has any legs is based on drafting Pitts at 6...But ONLY a 5th for a young and upcoming TE and still on a rookie contract?

I would hate that as well, hopefully BS. Will get a better comp pick if he walks next off-season. IMO, we need to obviously improve the offense but as much as I would love to say get Pitts first and then a WR that possibly slid next, or trade down from 18 to target a RB, I think defense is currently our main meal ticket and Flo is going to need to plug in another key defender or 3 given our losses/needs there. With first 5 picks assuming no trades I'm thinking 3 offense and 2 defense but wouldn't be surprised if that was flipped.

Back
Top Bottom