2021: Was Tua better than Lamar Jackson?; Chargers Herbert NOT a Top-3 QB | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021: Was Tua better than Lamar Jackson?; Chargers Herbert NOT a Top-3 QB

Has nothing to due with Tua. Many people at the Draft had concerns about Herbert in big situations. Those experts are probably ESPN and other major media. They sell fantasy football and highlights. Again look back at his draft profile. Heck the year before he was the #1 QB and came back to school. Heck if you want to bring Tua into do you realize Tua actually has a better Passer rating in 2nd half over their careers.

Anyway Herbert is an athletic phenomenon that needs to still learn how to perform in the clutch(maybe he will Mayne he won't) but as of now he is like another SD QB (Rivers). Great numbers fantasy FB fans love yet never win as much as the numbers say. Tarzan in the first half Jane in the second. Go watch him play an actual whole game like 10 times. He crumples late in close games. Maybe that will change but until then he doesn't sniff top five the NFL. Hype (media) and Fantasy FB sure he is top 5.
Except no he doesn’t. Time after time Herbert has thrown his team into a position to win only for the Chargers defense or special teams to give the game away.

Last year go watch his game against against two hall of famers. He had Brady with the Bucs and Brees with the Saints dead to rights, only for defense and special team errors to snatch defeat from the mouth of victory.

This season I saw him put his team in position to beat the Chiefs on Thursday Night Football as well as will his team back into fighting chance against the Raiders only for his defense and special teams to again, lose the games for him.

Thus far as an NFL player, when the lights have been their brightest, Herbert has performed. The only people who can’t see that are the ones who are still desperately clinging on to their pre draft priors.

Except no he doesn’t. Time after time Herbert has thrown his team into a position to win only for the Chargers defense or special teams to give the game away.

Last year go watch his game against against two hall of famers. He had Brady with the Bucs and Brees with the Saints dead to rights, only for defense and special team errors to snatch defeat from the mouth of victory.

This season I saw him put his team in position to beat the Chiefs on Thursday Night Football as well as will his team back into fighting chance against the Raiders only for his defense to and special teams to again, lose the games for him.

Thus far as an NFL player, when the lights have been their brightest, Herbert has performed. The only people who can’t see that are the ones who are still desperately clinging on to their pre draft priors.
Well he doesnst play for us

This season I saw him put his team in position to beat the Chiefs on Thursday Night Football as well as will his team back into fighting chance against the Raiders only for his defense and special teams to again, lose the games for him.

Herbert's splits show different...

1st half rating 105
2nd half rating 90

His numbers drop mightly with our offensive line. Lets just wait and see.

Last year go watch his game against against two hall of farmers. He had Brady with the Bucs and Brees with the Saints dead to rights, only for defense and special team errors to snatch defeat from the mouth of victory.

This season I saw him put his team in position to beat the Chiefs on Thursday Night Football as well as will his team back into fighting chance against the Raiders only for his defense to and special teams to again, lose the games for him. Thus far as an NFL player, when the lights have been their brightest, Herbert has performed. The only people who can’t see that are the ones who are still desperately clinging on to their pre draft priors.
Last year with Brees? Was it like a video game? Because that was the only football he was playing last year. Hard to take someone to seriously about actually watching a FB and thinking there was a HF QB playing when he wasn't.

But yet again look at the splits. Like Rivers, no QB wins a lot with his overall drop in the second half.

Okay, we’ll see. I hope Tua performs, but all this downplaying of Herbert just screams sour grapes to me. When I see Herbert play I see someone who is doing things very few QBs ever have been able to do. I see a QB who is likely going to be in MVP talks until he retires. He looks like Dan Marino out there to me.

I hope the same for Tua develops into someone of that caliber, but I don’t feel the need to downplay Herbert to do so.

But he was playing against Brees last year! Brees is unreal he played QB from his house.
Last year as in the 2020 season - Aka the only season Herbert played against the Saints and the Bucs. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out what I was saying, but I may be asking too much from you to figure that one out.

All i remember is that Tua beat Herbert. And no reason it cant happen again. Jus sayin

If I am not mistaken he only said Herbert isn't top 5. Why do you feel the need to mention Tua when arguing his statement about Herbert only? Fact of the matter is, Herbert didn't show me he can handle pressure as well as Burrow can. BURROW IS THE REAL DEAL!!! ice in his veins. I sure hope Tua can get there too we will see for sure.
So…Herbert is top 6 then? What QBs would you put ahead of him?

Okay, we’ll see. I hope Tua performs, but all this downplaying of Herbert just screams sour grapes to me. When I see Herbert play I see someone who is doing things very few QBs ever have been able to do. I see a QB who is likely going to be in MVP talks until he retires. He looks like Dan Marino out there to me.

I hope the same for Tua develops into someone of that caliber, but I don’t feel the need to downplay Herbert to do so.
I mean if I could say for sure Tua was a top 10 QB right now... I'd be happy with that as ****. But the Fins ****ed up real bad so we dont ****ing know? We get a clearer picture this season, better than nothing. But on the other side of the coin, there's really no need to go batshit crazy and call Herbert a top 5 QB at this point... *No matter what the media is trying to sell you... He's definitely a top 10 guy but the Chargers will need to get their **** together in order to win some games, throwing the ball over the place 2nd to only Tom ****ing Brady isnt the best course of action right now....

Last year as in the 2020 season - Aka the only season Herbert played against the Saints and the Bucs. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out what I was saying, but I may be asking too much from you to figure that one out.
Haha. I was just giving you crap about Brees.

But it really is true about the second half. Go look at the splits. It is not just the last drive. He is horrible with a close lead in the second. IE be like Brady and know how to nickel and dime a team to death. Big wow plays are not always the smart play.

Back
Top Bottom