2022 NFL Draft Thread | Page 127 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 NFL Draft Thread

Tindall replaces Calvin Munson.
Ezukanma replaces Bowden or Williams.
Goode replaces Brennan Scarlett
Thompson replaces Chris Streveler

White or Doaks to replace Salvon Ahmed.

There are others who will compete, but I think these are pretty clear upgrades.

This is the first year for a long time I've not actually fully engaged on doing due diligence and homework on college players coming out and entering the NFL draft. There are several reasons beit lack of picks of course and off season pick ups. I'm happy. Tindall was good pick up. He may be solid and a player but main reason I actually think our draft was invisible is because I think the team is set to compete and complete now. Its now to make in roads and that means cracking playoffs. Not looking much higher because my life long Dolphin fan head says... no. Small steps but im expecting playoffs. Not interested in this yrs draft. Not my fault but ots a positive.

The day the Hill trade went through, i stopped looking at college tape. It was like someone pulled the plug and i lost all motivation. Part is real life getting in the way but the lack of chase to see who Miami could get didn't help.

Not particularly. It happens every year. Heck, I do it. Then realize there was a reason the guy that I wanted wasn't picked by anyone. Go further up the thread, and I mentioned Verone McKinley III. The FS that replaced Holland at Oregon and was an All American this year. HE went undrafted. But I am not upset we didnt take him instead of Skylar. Looking at your post, I agree with your last sentence. Take your shot. Aren't we doing that with Skylar? Great pick if he's our backup for a few years, and saves us the millions per a vet backup costs.
A few guys i did mention were picked - but i was simply rattling off players who had good careers, an intriguing skillset, or filled a need where an additional camp body could help if you got lucky.

If i thought they were taking their shot on a developmental QB, possible future backup, sure.....i could agree with that comment. I just don't see it as the case. He looks like a good team guy and camp body to have around. He's a guy who had 1 good year in 5 at K State.....and that 1 good year being 2k yards and 12 TD with a history of injuries and who will be 25 years old this year. He doesn't have a big arm, so there's not upside there. He's mobile but not an athletic freak, so you're not taking him for that upside. He had a significant bump in completion % this year but it was a ton of short stuff with some wildly inaccurate and off target throws in the mix.....accuracy goes down significantly on throw deep or whe he really needs to stick it. Reads and pocket awareness not where you would hope for a 5th year guy. All i've heard on the guy is the twitter quote from McDaniel about his passion.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

A few guys i did mention were picked - but i was simply rattling off players who had good careers, an intriguing skillset, or filled a need where an additional camp body could help if you got lucky.

If i thought they were taking their shot on a developmental QB, possible future backup, sure.....i could agree with that comment. I just don't see it as the case. He looks like a good team guy and camp body to have around. He's a guy who had 1 good year in 5 at K State.....and that 1 good year being 2k yards and 12 TD with a history of injuries and who will be 25 years old this year. He doesn't have a big arm, so there's not upside there. He's mobile but not an athletic freak, so you're not taking him for that upside. He had a significant bump in completion % this year but it was a ton of short stuff with some wildly inaccurate and off target throws in the mix.....accuracy goes down significantly on throw deep or whe he really needs to stick it. Reads and pocket awareness not where you would hope for a 5th year guy. All i've heard on the guy is the twitter quote from McDaniel about his passion.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

" I just don't see it as the case. He looks like a good team guy and camp body to have around. " The same argument could be made about many of the guys you mentioned too. Or perhaps they have other concerns. Injuries. Personality traits. Scheme fit. They are still around in the 7th for a reason. That was my big point. As fans, it's fun to talk about, and how we learn more about players that arent on the top of boards. But it's not worth criticizing deeply. Too many unknowns. Including our own limitations as talent evaluators on the marginal players. I'm not a huge fan of taking a QB this late myself, but a late 7th has almost no value. We actually signed 2 or 3 of the guys that would have been on my list to draft in the 7th anyway. Maybe McDaniel sees something in the QB others don't and he is right. Maybe he is wrong. There is such a small chance any of those late 7ths make it, it really isnt THAT much lower that the QB will make it as a legit backup. But if he doesn't, it wont bother me a bit.

Watching their press conference, you have to think that either Zamir White or Isaiah Spiller was going to be the pick based on how Grier says McDaniel fell out of his chair when either of the running backs were picked before their selection came up. Hopefully this kid has a nice career with us.

That says a lot about McDaniel

Does anyone know the trade details for us in the 7th round? I heard we traded back 2x. Does anyone know who we traded with and what we got in return?

We had 224 and 227. We didn’t pick at 227. We ended up picking like 243. I heard from a friend we traded with rams and Tenn.
Wasn't the TEN trade part of that Isaiah Wilson thing? And the Rams was from the thing when we took Aqib Talib to eat his salary?

Edit: I don't know. They'd stopped actually covering the picks, so I was only half watching. Maybe it was just coincidence that it was LAR and TEN, and I'm misremembering.

Last edited:
Wasn't the TEN trade part of that Isaiah Wilson thing? And the Rams was from the thing when we took Aqib Talib to eat his salary?

Edit: I don't know. They'd stopped actually covering the picks, so I was only half watching. Maybe it was just coincidence that it was LAR and TEN, and I'm misremembering.
I’m also confused. I know we had 2 7ths (224 and 227) going into the 3rd day and we picked 224 and 243.

Back
Top Bottom