Reaction score
I say our FO should target players like these for the Oline in 2022 draft:

LT - Evan Neal, Alabama​

RT - Abraham Lucas, Washington State​

RG - Lecitus Smith, Virginia Tech​

LG - Ikem Ekwonu, NC State​

C- Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas​

Who you got?

Neal will go top 10 so you can scratch him off the list. No need to mention him.
I think Ekwonu will be drafted to play tackle, and high, much like Sewell was last year.

I am not certain about Lucas.
I like Smith's frame for a guard, and I like the athleticism, but I was not impressed with the tape.
I like Ricky Stromberg. Good pick.

More likely they take a couple of FA swings at the OL than to keep trying to draft them.

They clearly can't scout OL very well coming out of college.

Whoever the new HC is i hope he brings a solid OL coach with him, It is still possible that Kindley and Jackson are not busts and can be coached up.

2 things for me:

1. We really need proven players, acquired via free agency.
2. We have tons of guards. What we need are tackles, and maybe a center if the new staff doesn't like Dieter.
Only w this team could that statement not sound ridiculous. We have one proven NFL caliber guard at this point. But that’s all it takes to make guard the strength of this line.

We have to improve at 4 out of the 5 spots either thru addition or some pretty significant development from anyone besides Hunt.

Last edited:
Only w this team could that statement not sound ridiculous. We have one proven NFL caliber guard at this point. But that’s all it takes to make guard the strength of this line.

We have to improve at 4 out of the 5 spots either thru addition or some pretty significant development from anyone besides Hunt.
I'm not saying we have great guards. I'm saying that Eich, Dieter, Hunt, Davis (who hopefully won't be here), and several other guys on our roster are ideally suited to play guard. Jackson should be a tackle, but unless he spends the offseason working with someone on technique, he doesn't ever belong as a backup. We have few to no natural tackles on this team, and as a result, that should be our priority.

No more OL in the draft. They cant pick the right ones.
Get at least 2 OL starters in FA.
Use the draft for weapons- WR, RB, maybe a CB.
Perhaps, just perhaps, we did draft OL well. And perhaps the coaching sucked a$$. Jackson played well in his rookie year with minimal (COVID) coaching, then regressed under the regime.

I’m all for vet leadership, but remember that coaching counts, a lot.

We need to pay the top two free agent offensive lineman whatever it takes and then sign another vet. I would even draft a lineman somewhere in the 1st three rounds. All we got is Hunt and maybe Deiter. Liam has to win a spot but everyone else must be replaced.

Imo our perfect draft would be.
1. RB we will be drafting late first round. Get our guy here. No, I'm not a fan of drafting RBs on round 1 but I'm sick to death of us not getting our guy. Get our guy right here! Plus, we get that 5th year option.
2. Draft a WR or Center or LB.
3. Draft Billy Zappe. We could use a cheap QB prospect sitting behind Tua for a couple years. No more 7-8 million dollar back-ups.
4. Draft another RB here. Like James Cooks. We ignored RB for far too long. Time to double down.

I like the idea of a stud RB early but you dont draft two. Sign Duke and we already have Gaskin - a good 3rd down back. Please no OL early, wasted picks all these years. Sign some proven talent on the OL for a change and keep them!

Imo our perfect draft would be.
1. RB we will be drafting late first round. Get our guy here. No, I'm not a fan of drafting RBs on round 1 but I'm sick to death of us not getting our guy. Get our guy right here! Plus, we get that 5th year option.
2. Draft a WR or Center or LB.
3. Draft Billy Zappe. We could use a cheap QB prospect sitting behind Tua for a couple years. No more 7-8 million dollar back-ups.
4. Draft another RB here. Like James Cooks. We ignored RB for far too long. Time to double down.

So you want to draft a RB with a LATE 1st round pick? When a reciever to complement Waddle is a FAR larger priority?

Back
Top Bottom