2022 Oline draft - targets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
1. Grier is apparently awful at judging Lineman draft talent.
2. We have too many young, inexperienced Lineman, we don't need more.
3. Sign 2 vet Tackles, maybe draft a Center...maybe.
4. Our line needs leaders with experience.
Maybe the new coach doesn’t suck at evaluating OL talent. I move Liam to LG and draft or sign the OTs and C. Dieter did get better so OTs the priority and I still think Liam will continue to get better.

2 things for me:

1. We really need proven players, acquired via free agency.
2. We have tons of guards. What we need are tackles, and maybe a center if the new staff doesn't like Dieter.
You r correct. They need proven talent. The draft is great but they cannot rely on it. It will cost them but they need to nail it in free agency on the offensive line. It won’t be easy. A lot of guys come with injury risk and they’ll have competition for their services.

You r correct. They need proven talent. The draft is great but they cannot rely on it. It will cost them but they need to nail it in free agency on the offensive line. It won’t be easy. A lot of guys come with injury risk and they’ll have competition for their services.
We are going to get gouged on contracts for both tackles, but we really have no choice if we want to be competitive. Hopefully we get get one of either Armstead or Trent Brown, and then grab someone like Fisher, Robinson, or Moses to man the other spot. I don't think we are going to be able to swing 2 premium tackles though.

I’d love a real oline coach to evaluate our players and not waste more high draft picks until another set of eyes say they suck. I would think a few of our current olineman would play fine on another team that is well coached.

Add a couple through fa and get a top coach

We are going to get gouged on contracts for both tackles, but we really have no choice if we want to be competitive. Hopefully we get get one of either Armstead or Trent Brown, and then grab someone like Fisher, Robinson, or Moses to man the other spot. I don't think we are going to be able to swing 2 premium tackles though.
I know Terron Armstead is a name people bring up a lot but he has never played 16 games in his 9 year career (6, 14, 13, 7, 10, 10, 15, 14, 8) as you see including only 8 this year. Do we really want to pay top dollar for someone who has been hurt so much in his career? :shrug:

I know Terron Armstead is a name people bring up a lot but he has never played 16 games in his 9 year career (6, 14, 13, 7, 10, 10, 15, 14, 8) as you see including only 8 this year. Do we really want to pay top dollar for someone who has been hurt so much in his career? :shrug:
The other option is to go pay a lesser talent a ton of money to provide worse play. I think it really depends on who we can get to be our swing tackle (ie Armstead's backup). There aren't a ton of great options at LT, and I think we may have to overpay for someone who isn't ideal.

Miami should not think O-line in the 1st round, unless they are unable to get quality linemen in FA.

The draft is unpredictable if the linemen will succeed, and even if he does, it will take time till he gets used to the NFL.

I believe the best move Miami can make is get quality, established Olinemen (Tackle) with good experience to help the young guys around them, and use the 1st round pick on a WR to give Tua another weapon, and maybe in the 2nd if there is anyone Miami likes, take an interior linemen.

So you want to draft a RB with a LATE 1st round pick? When a reciever to complement Waddle is a FAR larger priority?
I think it all depends on how the draft plays out.

I'd rather get the WR, but if I am choosing between the #3 or 4 WR and the #1 RB, I'd lean toward RB1.

I think it all depends on how the draft plays out.

I'd rather get the WR, but if I am choosing between the #3 or 4 WR and the #1 RB, I'd lean toward RB1.

it's all preference. if i had to decide between RB1 in late round 1 or RB3 at 50, id take the latter.

as for the OP, a lot will be clearer once we know who the HC is and what blocking system he will bring. at the moment, i think Trevor Penning, Sean Rhyan, Abraham Lucas or Darian Kinnard would be realistic options at T.

Part of the reason we can’t draft OL is because we haven’t had an offensive identity or a consistent offensive scheme in decades.

I say part because Austin Jackson and Jesse Davis couldn’t block anyone in any scheme.

6 games of Terron Armstead is better than 16 games of Davis/Eichenberg/Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom