2022 Oline draft - targets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
I agree with you, Prince is not a great player, or even a good player.

That's playing into my point, other teams are winning games, even playoff games, with less talented players than what we have now.

Another one, Billy Turner comes to mind, he's starting for the #1 seed Packers. Turner was pretty pathetic while here.

Coaching and drafting playmakers win you games IMO. Another wasted high pick on an olineman is not going to help much.

This made me remember, we need the 49ers to lose asap
Didn't happen. It's difficult to get away with that type of mistake. That's why I didn't waste time rooting against them all season. The 49ers were in logical uptick mode in 2021 after plunging from 13 wins in 2019 to 6 in 2020. In contrast, the 2021 Dolphins were in likely regression mode after rising sharply from 5 wins to 10.

I pointed this out last spring when the trades were made. It's bad enough to put yourself on the wrong end of one bounce scenario, let alone have two of them trending against you simultaneously. Chris Grier didn't understand any of that, so he made the trade under subjective lens relying on personnel.

There are percentages attached to all of this. It shouldn't be automatic that you are punished for going against the odds. But it's remarkable how dependable it is.

The good news is that next season the 49ers are on the wrong end of the trend, after rising from 6 wins to 10. They will likely regress. The reference point is a switch of 3+ wins from one season to the next. The 2022 Dolphins are a neutral team with no directional arrow. Dropping from 10 wins to 9 is insignificant.

Need to pay the money for guys like Scherff if he's available. Should get a couple of established vets like him on the line and continue to try to find more talent in the draft. A much better o-line coach would really help matters too.

Scherff and one T FA sounds great to me the more I look into it. And if we can score a great C in the draft (I keep hearing Linderbaum) would really make a big difference for us. That way we can have a battle for one T spot, a battle for one G spot, and solid depth all along the line.

FA- Premium T, and best available G or C
Allow our young guys to fight it out for the remaining 3 spots.

Sign our own.

Pick up...
DeVondre Campbell ILB
One of Jamison Crowder, Sammy Watkins, Marques Valdes WR

and then depth players after that.

The fins needs to create an Identity, I prefer a run blocking line with a stud running back. So now they can choose those types of road graters in the draft.

1. Grier is apparently awful at judging Lineman draft talent.
2. We have too many young, inexperienced Lineman, we don't need more.
3. Sign 2 vet Tackles, maybe draft a Center...maybe.
4. Our line needs leaders with experience.
1. How do we they were not Flores’ picks?

Has any team drafted more offensive (and defensive linemen) in the last thirty years in the top three rounds?

1993: None
1994: Tim Bowens (1st round), Tim Ruddy (3rd round)
1995: Billy Milner (1st round), Andrew Green (2nd round)
1996: Daryl Gardner (1st round)
1997: Jason Taylor (3rd round)
1998: Kenny Mixon (2nd round)
1999: Grey Ruegamer (3rd round)
2000: Todd Wade (2nd round)
2001: None
2002: Seth McKiney (3rd round)
2003: Wade Smith (3rd round), Taylor Whitley (traded 2004 2nd rounder for)
2004: Vernon Carey (1st round)
2005: Matt Roth (2nd round)
2006: None
2007: Samson Satele (2nd round)
2008: Jake Long (1st round), Phillip Merling (2nd round), Kendall Langford (3rd round)
2009: None
2010: Jared Odrick (1st round), John Jerry (3rd round)
2011: Mike Pouncey (1st round)
2012: Jonathan Martin (2nd round)
2013: Dion Jordan (1st round), Dallas Thomas (3rd round)
2014: Ja'Waun James (1st round), Billy Turner (3rd round)
2015: Jordan Phillips (2nd round)
2016: Laremy Tunsil (1st round)
2017: None
2018: None
2019: Christian Wilkins (1st round), Michael Dieter (3rd round)
2020: Austin Jackson (1st round), Robert Hunt (2nd round), Raekwon Davis (2nd round)
2021: Jaelan Philips (1st round), Liam Eichenburg (2nd round)

Focusing on the last ten drafts, that's 3 first rounders, 3 second rounders, and 3 third rounders just on offensive linemen. And comparably on the defensive line, that's 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders. At some point, we need to draft additional wide receivers and running backs at high slots.

Unless the objective is a 1970s offense.

I agree with you, Prince is not a great player, or even a good player.

That's playing into my point, other teams are winning games, even playoff games, with less talented players than what we have now.

Another one, Billy Turner comes to mind, he's starting for the #1 seed Packers. Turner was pretty pathetic while here.

Coaching and drafting playmakers win you games IMO. Another wasted high pick on an olineman is not going to help much.
Offensive linemen don't score touchdowns (unless they are illegible receivers). You can draft them in the first round forever, but at some point you need to start stacking the rest of your offense.

I agree only caveat if the Iowa Center falls draft him. Also I would invest in a high end WR FA. Guess combo FA/Draft WR/ OL. I actually wouldn’t mind going into season with the same RB & TE rooms.
Fix the OL and WRs change games

Back
Top Bottom