2022 Oline draft - targets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Ummmm if I was picking high enough to draft Evan Neal, I would be taking a DE instead.

The first round is shaping up to really fit for an OT, unless we trade up (which we should've done in 2020 instead of settling for Jackson).

A lot to like in the second round, you can almost pencil in OL for the second round right now.

I am still liking defense in the first round. I'd like to see that side of the ball completed now and the rest of the draft (as well as FA money) going towards the offense.

Obviously that could change if we find a few defensive upgrades in free agency.

Third round is screaming RB this year.

I am calling it now, Miami acquires at least one starting OT via trade.

Trevor Penning and Tyler Smith are two guys I'd love to see Miami draft. They are as rough and tough, knock your block off, as they come. And talented as well. Just saying.

The issue with drafting an o lineman is anybody we take will likely regress and suck.

We have zero ability to develop guys so i'd rather pay in free agency but in the draft outside the obvious day 1 guys I like the following

- Tyler Smith- Tulsa
- Braxton Jones- Southern Utah
- Darian Kinnard- Kentucky
- Abraham Lucas- Washington State
- Matt Waletzko- North Dakota

Kinnard and Lucas could be day 1 starters and the rest of high end developmental guys although some could argue that Smith could move to Guard and eat on day 1. Pay for starters and develop depth.

It may depend on who our coach is....if we get McDaniel, we might have a premium on athleticism....

Neal will be long gone. If Linderbaum is available, I am more than okay with Miami drafting him.

Here’s to the 49ers losing tomorrow 🍻
My plan would be signing two starting caliber tackles, i.e. upgrades, in free agency.

If Miami can do that, it opens up a lot of possibilities in the draft including a wide receiver in round one.

But if Linderbaum makes it to Miami's pick, I don't think the Dolphins can pass him up. Then Deiter, Eichenberg, Jackson, Robert Jones and maybe another draft pick can battle for LG.

I don't really know if he's gonna be there in the 2nd, but we can't walk away from this draft without Danny Boy Faalele. Can't underestimate having a huge guy. If he's half as good as Mailata it would be a huge win.

First, we need to be all in on signing Orlando Brown to play LT. I liked Armstead for a long time but he is older and injury prone, Brown is younger.

Scherff is injury prone too.

In the draft, Linderbaum makes the most sense as a top rated center. We have Eichenberg, Jackson, Deiter, Kindley and even Davis who can compete for LG, so we would just need an RT maybe in the 3rd round

drafting oline at the top of the draft is a mistake with all the money we have. use our cap space to get guys with experience and success in the league. use the draft for skill positions

I’d love a real oline coach to evaluate our players and not waste more high draft picks until another set of eyes say they suck. I would think a few of our current olineman would play fine on another team that is well coached.

Add a couple through fa and get a top coach
I’d love for Miami to steal the Eagles Oline coach. We need a guy like that.

If we're going to go big... and really try to fix the offensive line, then I believe we will have to make a serious attempt to sign Terron Armstead of the Saints. He won't be cheap. He's likely going to become the highest paid OLT in the NFL in this FA period, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 23M/year. There are other Tackle possibilities, but he's the best pure LT in this crop and, at 30, is probably good to go for another 3-5 years before decline.

Yes, signing Armstead would take a large portion of what we have to spend, but we have the money... and obviously, the need is extreme. This move would allow us to kick Eichenberg over to the position that everyone thought he would play in the first place... Right Tackle, next to Robert Hunt.

If we go this route, the only lineman that I would draft in the first two days would be a Center, and probably only Linderbaum. There are other decent prospects, but the L is considered to be quite a bit better/safer than the others.

So... in a perfect world, next year's line would look like this... Armstead, Jackson, Linderbaum, Hunt, Eichenberg.

This would allow us to draft both a RB and another WR early in next year's draft.

Back
Top Bottom