2022 Top 100 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Top 100

Slimm, curious for your take on Skyy Moore, who jumps out to me as the most notable absence.

Height and competition are the obvious knocks, but is there something else pushing him down your board?

No the receivers ranked 7-10 are pretty interchangeable in my opinion, and Skyy Moore should still end up with a Day 2 grade as more information from pro days around the country trickle in.

I’d have no issue with anyone that gives a Day 2 grade to Skyy Moore. He deserves that type of grade and he’s worthy of it just as much as Justyn Ross or John Metchie…. maybe more since he doesn’t have their injury concerns.

Good call on Gardner dude is a genuine stud.

Surprised you didn't have the monster tackle Daniel Faalele on the "almost" list. He is intriguing.

Surprised you didn't have the monster tackle Daniel Faalele on the "almost" list. He is intriguing.

Yeah he’s a monster. Although when you get right down to it, I typically don’t bet on kids that size.

There’s a significant distinction to be made between being able to move well for an offensive lineman, and being able to move well for a guy that’s 400 pounds. I’m not sure he moves well enough to thwart being exposed on the edge at the next level.

If you can’t move quick enough, they’re going to find a way around you week in and week out in the NFL.

He seemed to hold up well at senior bowl... I thought he might get exposed in those drills. I understand concerns though, just not much precedent for success in NFL for guys his size.

Daniel Faalele is certainly an intriguing prospect due to his massive size but from a purely Dolphin perspective he is not a fit for the "Shanahan" blocking scheme they will be employing.

They ask OL to move quite a bit and he does not have the mobility for that.

Really curious to see how the NFL values Tom. I think you can play him anywhere along the line, depending on the scheme/ask. I think he's 100% a Top 100 player, but he's currently ranked well outside the Top 100 by consensus mock data, which tends to be close to how the NFL views these guys (as people like Daniel Jeremiah talk to sources and shape the general landscape).

Probably the best-case scenario for Miami at 102.

Im waiting to see how Jalen McKenzie RT USC tests, Hopefully he runs the 40 dash. USC pro day is on Apr 4 I think.
Chris Paul TUL also has experience at RT and is a fantastic athlete, but at 6-4 323 he is framed like a guard. Nonetheless, he ran a blazing 4.89 40 and I think he should have no issue playing RT in the NFL with that athleticism. He is another guy who is tops in the draft but consistently mocked late in the draft.
After that, there are two tackles who are good, but have some physical limitations: Braxton Jones, really good, but arms are borderline and vert was not good; Zachary Thomas SDSU vertical was not good, so there are some explosiveness issues. These issue creep up on film.
Finally, there is Dare Rosenthal UK, who is a fantastic athlete, but slightly undersized at 290 lbs for his 6-7 height.
Id probably take Rosenthal over Braxton Jones and Zachary Thomas because I like that 6-7 height and he played for LSU and UK, so has better experience.

Really curious to see how the NFL values Tom. I think you can play him anywhere along the line, depending on the scheme/ask. I think he's 100% a Top 100 player, but he's currently ranked well outside the Top 100 by consensus mock data, which tends to be close to how the NFL views these guys (as people like Daniel Jeremiah talk to sources and shape the general landscape).

Probably the best-case scenario for Miami at 102.

I would be happy with Tom at 102.

He certainly has the athletic traits they should be looking for.

His PFF pass blocking rate(if you believe in their numbers)was very good.

They currently have him inside the Top 100 as their 14th ranked OT.

I would be happy with Tom at 102.

He certainly has the athletic traits they should be looking for.

His PFF pass blocking rate(if you believe in their numbers)was very good.

They currently have him inside the Top 100 as their 14th ranked OT.

Thing is, consensus boards, which tend to be more predictive of actual draft capital than any individual boards year over year, have him outside the Top 200. When I watch him, I have a hard time believing he'll be there at 102, but the major signs point to him being available.

He's not some athletic guy who needs to learn how to play. He's smaller than people prefer and not as nasty as they want (both fair), but he's already excellent at what he does well, and if you prioritize those things as a team, I don't think there's too much projection involved. He can play. If you view him as a Center, he bested Creed Humphrey for the best RAS score ever. If you want to try him at OT, he's the same size and basically the same athlete as the guy who had one of the best years in recent memory. Slater had more edge and power to him, and I'm not suggesting Tom will reach his level, but he has a real chance go start and play well as a rookie in the right situation.

I hope Miami drafts him! But not at 102 obviously.

Thing is, when a freak prospect comes along — it causes teams to overdraft due to FOMO.

Granted, it seems Da Ray-Dahs suffered from it more than others over the decades, but I still believe someone will draft Araiza way too high.

If he doesn’t go before 102, MIA will likely have to draft him at 102 to get him. Which I bet the vast majority here is against. And for good reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom