28 attempts 33 yards-Jordan Howard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

28 attempts 33 yards-Jordan Howard

Ricky had power, Ronnie brown just had next level power is my argument.. Also the slow to hit the hole portion with Ronnie was patience to hit the holes but once he got going he was going to get at least 2 yards after you hit him guaranteed. Frankly Ricky wasn't an old man he was well rested from that year off from the NFL on his weed journey lol.

Ricky was good but as a whole Ronnie would be a notch above him in my fins RB HOF book.

I don't disagree about Kalen Ballage, Physically he is superior to Jordan Howard but i guess it took him getting fired to take his job seriously.. He still isn't seeing the field after Ekler comes back he will be back on a practice squad.

I think long term Ricky was better but Ronnie was having a special year until he got injured

The year Ricky lead the league in rushing was incredible included a few 200 yard plus games

Ricky had power, Ronnie brown just had next level power is my argument.. Also the slow to hit the hole portion with Ronnie was patience to hit the holes but once he got going he was going to get at least 2 yards after you hit him guaranteed. Frankly Ricky wasn't an old man he was well rested from that year off from the NFL on his weed journey lol.

Ricky was good but as a whole Ronnie would be a notch above him in my fins RB HOF book.

I don't disagree about Kalen Ballage, Physically he is superior to Jordan Howard but i guess it took him getting fired to take his job seriously.. He still isn't seeing the field after Ekler comes back he will be back on a practice squad.

Ronnie is better than Ricky? On what planet? One was on his way to being a sure fire HOFer if he keep his head on right.

This is totally off topic but i predict a Jets win against the pats tonight, Wheels are coming off in New England.

I've watched Newton his whole career growing up in NC being force fed Panthers games.. Guy is innaccurate and probably the mentally weakest QB in the NFL.. Its 7-3 Pats right now but im calling it.

Rewatching the game, He got all he could get with the blocking he had on his run plays.. I put some blame on the RB system Flores is adopting just like in New England If you see Sony Michel/Damien Harris in the game you know 90 percent its a run.. If you see James White in the game its 90 percent its a pass. If you see Jordan Howard in the game odds are 90percent its going to be a Run.

From a football standpoint i know people are gonna go say to put Akmed in there but i saw some pretty bad habits and i question if he is a guy who protects the football well.. Rewatch that long run he had and you will see him cut from the right of the field to the left sideline with the ball in the wrong hand the entire way.. Sure it worked out but if a defender is smart thats going to lead to a strip at some point.

I did actually like what i saw from howard that he gets that extra yard or two after contact like Ronnie Brown used to do for us, Unfortunately the contact usually came 2 yards behind the LOS as they were loading up against an obvious run.. If we are smart next week you have to run some screens and short crossing routes with Howard to get teams leary of the pass when howard is on the field.. He can catch the football i watched him do it in chicago in his breakout year.

His TD run it actually looked like he stepped on the peddle. Other than that, he was pedestrian at best.

He's been pretty awful, but that eight-yard run yesterday came at a critical time. Twenty-eight carries isn't a lot either. Not trying to make excuses, he has looked pretty slow and lethargic, but some backs need carries to get going and 3-4 a game isn't much.

Rewatching the game, He got all he could get with the blocking he had on his run plays.. I put some blame on the RB system Flores is adopting just like in New England If you see Sony Michel/Damien Harris in the game you know 90 percent its a run.. If you see James White in the game its 90 percent its a pass. If you see Jordan Howard in the game odds are 90percent its going to be a Run.

From a football standpoint i know people are gonna go say to put Akmed in there but i saw some pretty bad habits and i question if he is a guy who protects the football well.. Rewatch that long run he had and you will see him cut from the right of the field to the left sideline with the ball in the wrong hand the entire way.. Sure it worked out but if a defender is smart thats going to lead to a strip at some point.

I did actually like what i saw from howard that he gets that extra yard or two after contact like Ronnie Brown used to do for us, Unfortunately the contact usually came 2 yards behind the LOS as they were loading up against an obvious run.. If we are smart next week you have to run some screens and short crossing routes with Howard to get teams leary of the pass when howard is on the field.. He can catch the football i watched him do it in chicago in his breakout year.
Agree, and he is our only RB that will get that yard in a 3 and 1 play

I read that like ?
One also quit on this team to go smoke weed in a year we were predicted to finish top of the division. That aside Ronnie in his prime was a more physical and talented RB injuries did a number on him but when he was on the field they guy averaged better YPC in the Bash bro years then Ricky did.

Josh Gordon would also have been a HOF if he kept his head on straight but i don't think we are gonna see him in the Cleveland ring of honor.

I respectfully disagree that he was better than Ricky. He could barely barely even beat him out as an old man.

Kalen Ballage > Jordan Howard
I don't think there was a time when Ronnie and Ricky were both healthy and active that Ricky was not the better back. Ricky's 2009 was better than anything Brown ever did, and that was despite him backing up Brown for more than half the season. But Ricky was never gonna leapfrog Ronnie if they were both healthy, not after all that happened.

I don't think there was a time when Ronnie and Ricky were both healthy and active that Ricky was not the better back. Ricky's 2009 was better than anything Brown ever did, and that was despite him backing up Brown for more than half the season. But Ricky was never gonna leapfrog Ronnie if they were both healthy, not after all that happened.
That happened on Wanny's watch, I doubt Sparano really cared that much about RIcky's history although Wayne Huizenga may have..

Ronnie if he didn't get injured as much would have been a thousand yard rusher every year but he just couldn't stay healthy.. That being said when he was healthy i have NO Doubt in my mind he was the superior RB in that rotation to Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom