28 attempts 33 yards-Jordan Howard | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

28 attempts 33 yards-Jordan Howard

As I’ve been saying all season — it’s time to draft play makers next season. Draft position be damned.

Get a Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith. Get Etienne or Najee.

If they can somehow squeeze in Creed Humphrey or a pass rusher between those picks, great. But gotta get a game breaking talent at WR and a RB with size and pass catching skills.
Yep. They had many chances last year to get a RB and look at how it’s affecting them. Gotta do it in 2021 for the love of God.

Just think..Tua is doing this with no run game. That makes what he's doing all the more impressive.
No Run game, WRs dropping like flies, O-line being shuffled and Tua took what he had and marched this team 93 yards to tie the game.
If this was Tannehill and he failed like before in those situations for Miami everyone would be making excuses that he has no run game, not much to throw too etc.

BTW this counts as a GW drive and comeback for Tua. I have a feeling many more to come.

Tuas gonna elevate the skill guys I think you are already seeing evidence of that. Difference making QBs can do that.

as for jordan Howard I think he’s done fine for the ask.

We haven't had a Pro Bowl RB since Ricky Williams as far as I can recall. Ronnie Brown might have made a squad one year but he just wasn't that great. I think if we really want to be tough to stop and we really want to help out Tua it's time to invest a high draft pick and bring in great RB. A guy like Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook or maybe Saquon Barkley from today's NFL. Cook and Henry are 1 and 2 in the NFL in rushing yards. Tannehill totally relies on Henry to get his offense moving. The Titan's offense without Henry would be way less potent. We need to have that element in our new Tua led offense. Najee Harris would be one guy Tua would love to see again in his backfield. This kid is super explosive and would be an exciting addition for the future. Travis Etienne from Clemson is the guy I would target. He breaks tackles at a higher level than any RB in college football. Either of these 2 guys creates big problems for the defense. Our running attack would instantly be much better which changes everything for Tua and the offense. While were at it a top receiver is also needed. 2021, bring in weapons for Tua.
Jay Ajay who we gave away.

Right! I forgot about Jay Ajayi who Gase, the complete idiot, got rid off. Ajayi is a free agent but I think his knees finally did him in. But, even with Ajayi Miami hasn't had a premier back since Ricky Williams who was last with us in 2005. That's a long draught. I'm talking to you Chris Grier!

Rewatching the game, He got all he could get with the blocking he had on his run plays.. I put some blame on the RB system Flores is adopting just like in New England If you see Sony Michel/Damien Harris in the game you know 90 percent its a run.. If you see James White in the game its 90 percent its a pass. If you see Jordan Howard in the game odds are 90percent its going to be a Run.

The man is slow. Whether its because hes out of shape or just lost it I don't know but there is no explosiveness there.

The whole 90% thing is mostly just preconceptions fiddling with your imagination. He was in there for 21 plays and got 10 carries. Take out the obvious short yardage plays and he ran about 35% of the time.

The man is slow. Whether its because hes out of shape or just lost it I don't know but there is no explosiveness there.
That's the issue. Almost as if his lower body aged 10+ years in one offseason.

Every RB needs some degree of burst and geez he looks plodding.

Get him out there running sprints with those giant rubber bands holding him back!

Ronnie can’t hold Ricky’s strap... there is no comparison between the two. That said I loved Ronnie here. Many dont and he deserves more credit than what he gets because he was drafted higher than he should have been.

Back
Top Bottom