28 attempts 33 yards-Jordan Howard | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

28 attempts 33 yards-Jordan Howard

Eitherway my point is I feel Ronnie Brown is often overlooked and forgotten at how good of a RB he was when he was on the field for us, When he stayed healthy he was a Beast to tackle is all im saying.. I have my thoughts on Ronnie vs Ricky but needless to say they formed the most powerful runningback duo i can think of..

Make no mistake Ronnie made some defenders potmarks on the field if they tried to tackle him, I'll never forget his endzone truck of the raiders defender.
Ronnie Brown was one of the most resilient runners i had ever seen. But still, he was pedestrian because he didn't have great vision and was a plodder despite his combine measurables.

I have much more fond memories of what Lamar Miller did here, but its easy to forget him, his own coaching staff did.

I find it hard to believe a Deshaun Watson QB'ed team is going to finish with a top 5 draft pick.. They aren't that bad and the jags are a pretty good low win team if you watch their games they are usually not blowouts.
Houston is 2-0 vs the Jags and 0-6 vs everyone else.

They don't get to play the Jags any more this year.

Why is there a thread about RB's here? I thought every thread was supposed to be about Tua?

I'm sorry I cannot let this afront stand, RONNIE BROWN was a physical Beast and never fell backwards always forward. He was always the more valuable as a complete player to me then RIcky Williams was in their bash brothers days. Ronnie Brown was maybe the 3rd best RB the fins have ever had I'd personally put him over Kick or Mercury Morris.. You can downgrade absolutely any part of his game but power.. Its just crazy all you really need is to watch this clip to understand how powerful a runner he was.

5:12 maybe the best clip, Any RB on our team would have been knocked on their *** getting tackled by a LB and DT simultaneously.

PS i know coach Tony as HC was a disappointment but man is it great watching him celebrate. A genuinely good guy and players coach. RIP

I disagree. He was powerful but he didn’t play with it all the time. He danced at the hole. He had great hands and was a complete back. Just didn’t play to his physical ability suggested he could consistently. He may have been a top 6/7 back in team history but not 3rd and not anywhere near Mercury Morris status. Ricky was a much better RB IMO of the two. Brown had a lot of negative and zero gain runs due to his style of hesitating before hitting the hole. It was maddening at times and this board would let him know about week in week out.

I respectfully disagree that he was better than Ricky. He could barely barely even beat him out as an old man.

Kalen Ballage > Jordan Howard
Ricky was borderline HOF. Brown was no where near Ricky’s level in running ability. Receiving and passing, ok.

Rewatching the game, He got all he could get with the blocking he had on his run plays.. I put some blame on the RB system Flores is adopting just like in New England If you see Sony Michel/Damien Harris in the game you know 90 percent its a run.. If you see James White in the game its 90 percent its a pass. If you see Jordan Howard in the game odds are 90percent its going to be a Run.

From a football standpoint i know people are gonna go say to put Akmed in there but i saw some pretty bad habits and i question if he is a guy who protects the football well.. Rewatch that long run he had and you will see him cut from the right of the field to the left sideline with the ball in the wrong hand the entire way.. Sure it worked out but if a defender is smart thats going to lead to a strip at some point.

I did actually like what i saw from howard that he gets that extra yard or two after contact like Ronnie Brown used to do for us, Unfortunately the contact usually came 2 yards behind the LOS as they were loading up against an obvious run.. If we are smart next week you have to run some screens and short crossing routes with Howard to get teams leary of the pass when howard is on the field.. He can catch the football i watched him do it in chicago in his breakout year.

The average isn't great to look at, but he gave us a short yardage presence and some toughness on some of those runs and I felt like we have been missing that. That 8 yard run to pretty much seal the game late he had a burst after Davis pulled left, broke a leg tackle and pushed forward.

He hasn't been what I expected him to be, but I think he can be useful for us as we make a playoff push.

Reactions: BSQ
We haven't had a Pro Bowl RB since Ricky Williams as far as I can recall. Ronnie Brown might have made a squad one year but he just wasn't that great. I think if we really want to be tough to stop and we really want to help out Tua it's time to invest a high draft pick and bring in great RB. A guy like Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook or maybe Saquon Barkley from today's NFL. Cook and Henry are 1 and 2 in the NFL in rushing yards. Tannehill totally relies on Henry to get his offense moving. The Titan's offense without Henry would be way less potent. We need to have that element in our new Tua led offense. Najee Harris would be one guy Tua would love to see again in his backfield. This kid is super explosive and would be an exciting addition for the future. Travis Etienne from Clemson is the guy I would target. He breaks tackles at a higher level than any RB in college football. Either of these 2 guys creates big problems for the defense. Our running attack would instantly be much better which changes everything for Tua and the offense. While were at it a top receiver is also needed. 2021, bring in weapons for Tua.

The average isn't great to look at, but he gave us a short yardage presence and some toughness on some of those runs and I felt like we have been missing that. That 8 yard run to pretty much seal the game late he had a burst after Davis pulled left, broke a leg tackle and pushed forward.

He hasn't been what I expected him to be, but I think he can be useful for us as we make a playoff push.

Agree. Looks to me like he targets a spot and that's where he runs - D player there or not. That works pretty well when he needs 1-2 yards, but not so much on 1st and 10

Ricky was dope. He would light up Ronnie and leave him in a cloud of smoke during his heyday.

Ahmed was a pleasant surprise. I would rather him get carriers over Jordan with the exception of short yardage.

Back
Top Bottom