2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Our WR group will be medicore to a bit above average depending on how Parker plays. If Parker finally steps up and becomes our Primary WR I can see this group working, but I have doubts.

I like Drake and have liked him since he was in college, but I worry about how his body holds up as the starter. His backup is about 46. If Drake and Gore stay healthy I can see the RB pair working, but we will need some luck.

But what about TE? I see zero hope there.

I have always said there was no point bringing in Adam Gase if we couldnt find him a tight end. The position is key to his system and we have a QB who has always been perfectly suited to running a system with an emphasis on a pass catching TE... but we have never bothered to give him one.

Im not convinced that we even have a 2nd tier TE on the roster nevermind a starter. If we dont find a starting TE this weekend (especially because of the WR core) I don't believe we will have effective Offense in 2018.

I dont care if it means trading up, we must take a TE (preferably Dallas Goedert) in the second round.

I think it's Goedert or a LB. If goedert isn't there you can't reach for the next TE. The value is at LB

I would say you are roughly 100% correct! We must land a quality TE. I really think we need Goedert or Gisecki, then I could finally shut up about our lack of a TE. Make it happen.

I think it's Goedert or a LB. If goedert isn't there you can't reach for the next TE. The value is at LB

If you dont think he will be there then trade up and get him.

Cant risk going into the season relying on slot receivers for half of your O

TE and LB is a must. Everyone knows it. The guys at the Dolphins draft party (Congemi,Rose, Bokamper), seemed a little pissed they went with Fitz. They’re under the impression Miami has to pick a LB next which pushes the need for a TE further.

Huh, both Walter and Charlie have us taking Goedert

TE and LB is a must. Everyone knows it. The guys at the Dolphins draft party (Congemi,Rose, Bokamper), seemed a little pissed they went with Fitz. They’re under the impression Miami has to pick a LB next which pushes the need for a TE further.
this is the thing about our front office now the last couple of years. They arent necessarily drafting based off need. These last couple of drafts have been different for us in a good way. I feel really good about our direction right now.

this is the thing about our front office now the last couple of years. They arent necessarily drafting based off need. These last couple of drafts have been different for us in a good way. I feel really good about our direction right now.

I get that but TE is a need. Huge need. LB maybe not necessarily a need but it would be beneficial to upgrade.

Gesicki actually wouldn't be bad either. There's 2 good TEs on the board. Then you have Harold Landry who is gonna be highly coveted

charlie

Goedert (6-4, 260) was a dangerous receiving threat over the past two seasons for South Dakota State. The senior amassed 72 receptions for 1,111 yards and seven touchdowns in 2017. He put up even better production as a junior with 92 receptions for 1,293 yards and 11 touchdowns. Goedert has size and some athletic ability. Team sources said that they were grading Goedert in the fourth round and have medical concerns with him.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlieredraft_2.php#ixzz5Ds3KDeFC
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlieredraft_2.php#pQ4IMEQlDERvg9PI.99

walter:

The Dolphins could add another offensive weapon. Addressing tight end makes sense, given that the team doesn't even have one.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018redraft_2.php#ixzz5Ds3gIq9G

These guys get it, but will the Dolphins?

Gesicki actually wouldn't be bad either. There's 2 good TEs on the board. Then you have Harold Landry who is gonna be highly coveted

I know a lot more about Hurst and Goedert than Gesicki... whsts the scoop with him?

Back
Top Bottom