2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018

Here's the thing - the fins SHOULDN'T have to trade up for one of Geisicki, Goedert, or Andrews.

Here are the teams that draft in front of the Fins tonight, along with the starting TE on their roster:

CLE: David Njoku - drafted 1st round 2017.

NYG: Evan Engram - drafted 1st round 2017

IND: Jack Doyle - Pro bowler in 2017

TB: They have Cameron Brate AND OJ Howard, who they drafted int he first round of 2017.

CHI: They have 6mm invested in Dion Sims AND they drafted Ryan Shaheen in the 2nd last year.

DEN: ....okay, I could totally see Denver taking a tight end here.

OAK: Jared Cook - solid vet. COULD Oakland go TE here? Yes, but I doubt it. They have a lot of need more pressing than TE.

Unless someone trades up, I think Miami will have either Geisicki or Goedert available to them.

How many TE’s can make a one-handed catch like this gem? Craziness.

Most impressive thing about that catch is that he got both feet down. That's not just spectacular for college football, that's spectacular, period.

Most impressive thing about that catch is that he got both feet down. That's not just spectacular for college football, that's spectacular, period.

Much agreed.

I remember when I first saw that catch, it was eerily reminiscent to me of the infamous OBJ catch against Dallas (despite being a longer pass). At any rate, it’s just bonkers and an impressive display of athleticism.

Conklin played with injury last year.......he would be a steal with our third rounder or One of our 2 fourth rounder.
We need to pick a LB today (Darius Leonard) in case Alonso, Mc Millan injury.
And Mason Rudolph or Luke Falk could be picked if Case want one of them and prefer pick him soon

Conklin is a great pick in the 3rd. I really don't think many if these TEs merit a 2nd rounder. I think there'll be much more impactful players available at other positions if we're patient. A Carter, a Hurst, a Sweat, maybe Rudolph.

I think it's Goedert or a LB. If goedert isn't there you can't reach for the next TE. The value is at LB
I think there's two TE still on the board who are worth the value at 42. Goedert and Gesicki. We will definitely have our crack at one of them and we better pounce.

Move back into the second round for a LB like Leonard.

Otherwise, I like Ian Thomas and Mark Andrews in the third round if they make it there. I don't like anyone else in this draft as a potential starter outside of maybe Chris Herndon and Conklin as potential sleepers.

Not to be a Debbie-downer, but we needed a TE and LB last year in the draft and we all but ignored it. I'm hoping things have changed, but not going to be shocked if they ignore it again tonight (unfortunately). I sure hope I'm wrong and they get both tonight.

You can teach someone how to block... what you can't teach is 6-6, a 4.5 in the 40 and a 41 inch vertical.

effin' exactly, Gesicki is the biggest red zone threat in this draft.

Gase is more about mismatches than blocking.

Otherwise, take LB Darius Leonard in the second and take the TE scraps in the third.

I don’t think we necessarily need a TE. We need a big slot. And that’s all these TE prospects are. Big seam threats. They are not going to be inline blockers anytime soon.

It could be someone like Gordert or Gesicki, but I wouldn’t rule out some of the bigger WRs either.

First off, in year 7 of the Ryan Tannehill experiment/era, this team should be about putting pieces around him to succeed.
Secondly, give me a TE that doesn't run like a winded fat guy playing 2 mins of street ball or a 40 year old TE with lead feet.

I'm all for TE. And with teams understanding our needs, I see a few trying to move up to get their man. Miami would be wise to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom