2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018

Just watched Goedert highlights... looks damn good, what I liked is so many passes were downfield over his head... great hands and ball skills.

Feels like you could throw it 20 feet above his head and he would still find a way to catch it. We depserately need that

Last edited:
I'm a big PSU fan and have seen most of Gesicki's games.
He is a monster, great hands, great athlete, great speed, mismatch nightmare. He would change our passing game immensely. I would LOVE him, and that is not me being a PSU homer.
I guess the blocking is the issue. If we miss on Goedert but get Gesicki, people will be very happy on passing downs this fall. VERY happy.

I love Mike Gesicki myself, he’s a freak athlete that will create mismatches stretching the seam. He has the wheels and high points the ball very well. There’s so much to like.

I’d be more than happy with either Mike Gesicki or Dallas Goedert. Combine that with Minkah Fitzpatrick in the first, and this has the potential to be one of the Dolphin’s best 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft from the last 15-20 years. Yes, I would be that optimistic.

Goedert or Gesicki would be nice..........if they're picked before.........;go for Darius Leonard and pick Conklin later.

But perhaps the QB appeal will be too hard to pass up with Rudolph if he is available ?

I really dont see any teams with tight end needs in front of us tonight to warrant moving up. There are two potential elite pass catching TEs there at 42. We have to take one. Which will guarantee we plug two major holes in our team with the first 2 picks.

Why would anyone want a softie like Goedert on your team? Lol.
If the tight end prospect has zero interest in blocking, take him off your board until the 4th
He was never asked to block, He was there whole offense and they ran it thru him. His ceiling is high and should be a great pick.

Why would anyone want a softie like Goedert on your team? Lol.

If the tight end prospect has zero interest in blocking, take him off your board until the 4th.

Exactly....reminds me of another big non blocking TE we reached for a few years back (was a 3rd rounder but still) who was a bust - Michael Egnew.

He wasn't asked to block because he showed a complete disinterest in doing so. His technique is just terrible. And he dominated low-level competition. He has all the makings of a "super reach for a need that ends up a bust" type.

This guy is a poor man's Eric Ebron. Pass.

Okay so as this is breaking down. It looks like Goedert, Gesicki or a LB in the 2nd ...but which LB is tops right now? I didn't dig much past the top 4 prospects who all went yesterday

I just watched highlights of the TE's, and Gesicki and Andrews look great. I wasn't too impressed with Goedert or Herndon. Even Fumagalli looked good too. Andrews was my favorite one.

Guice with 2nd round pick. And I can rock with Andrews in the 3rd. Saban aint recruiting, much less playing a TE who can't block. Then you're looking at solid Round 1-3 haul. Get err done.

Was going to post the same thing. This is the round for tight end IMO.

Conklin played with injury last year.......he would be a steal with our third rounder or One of our 2 fourth rounder.
We need to pick a LB today (Darius Leonard) in case Alonso, Mc Millan injury.
And Mason Rudolph or Luke Falk could be picked if Case want one of them and prefer pick him soon

im on the Leonard bandwagon first if hes available. me and silver talked about it in VIP and hes the last remaining starting LB in this draft more than likely (for our needs). that means we'd be a late round DT and hopefully a healthy raekwon away from having our D set. I just a starting TE will be available in the 3rd but don't think we can find a starting LB in 3rd. by all means though if Leonard is gone (and I say Mo Hurst also) then by all means get Best TE available, we need one

How many TE’s can make a one-handed catch like this gem? Craziness.

Back
Top Bottom