2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Round Pick? Must Be A Te If We Want Our O To Work In 2018

I'm definitely not trading up for a TE. I just don't see the value.

Let the board fall and see what the value is with guys left. Don't get locked into a position.....that's what caused us to overdraft many players in past years. There are still other TEs out there like Conklin, Ian Thomas, Dalton Schultz and Durham Smythe. I'm a fan of Smythe Day 3 because he can block. Thomas is a very good athlete but did have some struggles with drops.

I'm definitely not trading up for a TE. I just don't see the value.

Let the board fall and see what the value is with guys left. Don't get locked into a position.....that's what caused us to overdraft many players in past years. There are still other TEs out there like Conklin, Ian Thomas, Dalton Schultz and Durham Smythe. I'm a fan of Smythe Day 3 because he can block. Thomas is a very good athlete but did have some struggles with drops.

I agree and I actually have faith in Grier making the smart move.

This team will never win consistently without a complete offense. Dumpster diving and value can kick rocks at this point. Identify your player, understand your board and pull the trigger.

As for this new found respect or admiration of this GM, is shocking. The cap issues and roster management leaves a lot to be desired.

I love the title of this thread. Even if we take Goedert, whom I like, the Idea that we need a rookie TE for our O to function seems laughable to me. If this is the case we are doomed because any TE we draft will most likely need at least one year to adjust to the NFL. Having said that I do like Goedert's red zone potential and hope he is our pick.

You can teach someone how to block... what you can't teach is 6-6, a 4.5 in the 40 and a 41 inch vertical.

Eh - i wouldn't necessarily agree. Blocking is a mindset. You can teach technique but you can't teach mentality.....being physical and cracking skulls with a DE/OLB is something you either have or you don't.

You dont have to convince us to draft a TE early but for whatever reason this front office has always passed on TEs early in the draft.

no team in front of us needs a TE....unless a team trades up Goedert will be there at 42. If a team trades up then we wouldn't know till it happens. Lots of very good players still on the board. If Goedert is there then run the card up......if he's gone then moving down is an option

Eh - i wouldn't necessarily agree. Blocking is a mindset. You can teach technique but you can't teach mentality.....being physical and cracking skulls with a DE/OLB is something you either have or you don't.
There's been plenty of people who have improved their blocking. I've yet to see an NFL player grow several inches and get way more athletic however.

Back
Top Bottom