2nd round picks 36, and 50, and the receivers that will be available | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd round picks 36, and 50, and the receivers that will be available

Keep an eye on Felton. He plays RB and receiver but was mainly a receiver last season.
I think Miami may already have a good understanding of his skills, having seen him in the Senior Bowl.

He definitely made some noise with his performance during practice week. He's very shifty and seems to know how to get open. Versatile too!!!

But I think he's more a late 3rd to early 5th round pick, type prospect.

Last edited:
After watching the last 30 years of Gator football, I am all in on your opinion...
I mean that is fact, not opinion but hey you’ve been watching them for 30 years too, that’s great . Cool thing is I got to watch them in person for grad school.

Tyreek Hill 5th round
Stephon Diggs 5th round
You don’t have to take a WR or and skill player other than QB/CB in top 10.
You don't have to if you don't have glaring hole in the unit.

Overall history when it comes to the 1st round receivers, their production, and success. From 2010-2020 (we can use 2000 as an ever bigger barometer) there have been about 5 pro bowl receivers drafted in the 1st round. And we are counting Dez Bryant in that list which hasn't been relevant. Golden Tate with the Seahawks has been serviceable at best. 2011's Julio Jones is still relevant in the league. The other pro bowl receivers would be Amari Cooper, and last years Justin Jefferson. Before Jefferson it was Amari Cooper, and that is a 5 year gap of failed wr's, or receivers that made impact of their team. Either how, the real gems were found in the 2nd, and 3rd round. In fact those rounds historically in the last 20 years have yielded the most amount of Pro bowl, all pro receivers.

Probably worth your time to take a closer look - at least close enough to know that Golden Tate wasn't drafted in the 1st Round.

Probably worth your time to take a closer look - at least close enough to know that Golden Tate wasn't drafted in the 1st Round.
While I'm a stickler for accuracy, even when my own are pointed out, show me where his basic premise is wrong.

High picks for WRs are simply not, historically, a good value.

Unfortunately, there are no dominant pass rushers in this draft, so the best move is a trade down.

What about marquez stevenson

Goes to show you there's talent everywhere in the draft. The data suggest you get your best value on recievers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Miami's going to need to think long and hard about drafting a reciever Top 10.

Does a Chase or Smith give you so much more than one of the later reciever picks? One of the exercises that i think is pretty interesting to do is to look at all the teams that have made the playoffs all the way to the SB and evaluate those rosters. It's interesting the talent and the draft position.

How many 1st round recievers do you think were represented on those teams?

Last edited:
So are those 2 examples of why we should wait until day 3 to find a receiver?

The stuff is so hit or miss! Gotta play the probabilities and it declines drastically as you start selecting talent beyond the 3rd round.

if we stay at 3 the only logical options for us are WR, Sewell, or Parsons. We most likely aren't going QB or CB, and they aren't really any premier edge rushers in this draft. The value is what it is, that being said a trade down will probably happen due to the qbs that will be available.

While I'm a stickler for accuracy, even when my own are pointed out, show me where his basic premise is wrong.

High picks for WRs are simply not, historically, a good value.

Unfortunately, there are no dominant pass rushers in this draft, so the best move is a trade down.

I've already talked to you about it. Some WR's are great bets, and some aren't

I've also repeatedly said that anything but QB or trade down is bad value.

Last edited:
Tyreek Hill 5th round
Stephon Diggs 5th round
You don’t have to take a WR or and skill player other than QB/CB in top 10.
Tyreek Hill was a 5th round pick due to him being a crappy human being in college and getting Kicked off of Oklahoma State. If not for his off the field issues, he would have most likely turned into a 1st round pick. It was a risky choice that worked out in KC's favor, very rarely does guy with his skill set become available later on in the draft.

"Oklahoma State has dismissed junior wide receiver Tyreek Hill from the team after he was arrested and accused of punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend."

Personally, I wouldn't want a piece of crap like this anywhere on my roster.

Back
Top Bottom