2nd round picks 36, and 50, and the receivers that will be available | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd round picks 36, and 50, and the receivers that will be available

I sure hope those unjustifiably naysaying Devonta Smith over size aren’t also the ones jumping on the Elijah Moore bandwagon. He’s not much bigger than Jakeem Grant.
I really like Elijah Moore, though. Right there with Toney as a slot fix for Miami.

I’m starting to warm up to the idea of Sewell at 3, Bateman at 18 and then draft a speedster later Eskridge or Schwartz in middle rounds). That’s my preference If we don’t make trades early. Ideally I wanna trade out of 3 stockpile picks and get Waddle, Smith or Chase later in the top 10.

I really like Elijah Moore, though. Right there with Toney as a slot fix for Miami.

I totally understand why. I think they both can have successful careers and be impact players.

I just find it amusing that those players sizes aren’t being called out like Smith, who isn’t small but just thin. Jakeem Grant is also mocked for his small size, and used as reason why he’s not all that good. However those players aren’t much bigger.

In the end, as it always has been, it’s not about size or apparent lack there of. Either the player can play or he can’t. It’s really that simple.

Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison could both play. Clearly. Yet neither were 6’3 muscular titans with 4.2 speed. And were still 2 of the best ever to do it.

Devonta Smith looks very much like he’s in that mold. That’s why I couldn’t care less about his weight.

Dude is fast, has tremendous length and catches everything. He makes plays out of nothing. Most of all, because he’s 6’1 with great length, he can be used in a multitude of ways that a 5’9, 5’10” receiver typically can’t. He can go up over the defense to get it or he can make people miss underneath.

The Dolphins desperately need a receiver like him.

Toney would be a fine slot wr in the NFL, but I still think he would have more impact if you moved him around splitting his time between the slot and as 3rd down rb. Toney on draws and zone read sweeps would be hard to stop, but covering him on those little in and out cut routes out of the backfield would be a nightmare for defenses.

I totally understand why. I think they both can have successful careers and be impact players.

I just find it amusing that those players sizes aren’t being called out like Smith, who isn’t small but just thin. Jakeem Grant is also mocked for his small size, and used as reason why he’s not all that good. However those players aren’t much bigger.

In the end, as it always has been, it’s not about size or apparent lack there of. Either the player can play or he can’t. It’s really that simple.

Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison could both play. Clearly. Yet neither were 6’3 muscular titans with 4.2 speed. And were still 2 of the best ever to do it.

Devonta Smith looks very much like he’s in that mold. That’s why I couldn’t care less about his weight.

Dude is fast, has tremendous length and catches everything. He makes plays out of nothing. Most of all, because he’s 6’1 with great length, he can be used in a multitude of ways that a 5’9, 5’10” receiver typically can’t. He can go up over the defense to get it or he can make people miss underneath.

The Dolphins desperately need a receiver like him.
For sure. Smith is the player I most want in the draft. He actually reminds me of an old-school player and Dolphin great Paul Warfield.

Smith is just so smooth in and out of his cuts and has that easy, gliding speed.

I'd love to pair him with someone like Moore or Toney.

This second tier of WR talent is where you are going to see the value. And this class is absolutely stacked, from a Miami fit perspective, no one checks the boxes more than Eskridge. St. Brown looks like a Devonte Smith like kinda guy who will be cheaper, I love the value there.

I don't see the fit with Marshall or Bateman tbh, we've got that kind of receiver already. Toney is an amazing talent, he can do things that others wouldn't even dream of after the catch, however like Felton who starred at the senior bowl, I think we already have players in that role in Perry and Bowden, I would be looking for something different to what we have in round 2, personally.

Rodgers is another good fit for us. I think a lot are sleeping on Elijah Moore and Dyami Brown, who are good options in the 3rd round.

There are also players like Nico Collins, Sage Surratt, Dez Fitzpatrick, Shi Smith, Tutu Atwell, Frank Darby, Tylan Wallace, Seth Williams and a favourite of mine Ihmir Smith-Marsette who could fill a big need for us and could be had with later picks.

If you want a DK Metcalf like, look no further than Josh Imatorbhebhe, he's a physical freak and I'm always taking him with a late pick in my mock. Trevon Grimes is a contested catch red zone type threat, the mock machines have him in the 6th or 7th round so if we are looking for that type, there's a cheap option.

This WR class is stack not just at the top, with 3 or in many peoples minds 4 (Pitts is grading higher by many analysts as a WR than a TE !), blue chip options. Then a whole slew of tier 2 and 3 guys, most of which are better than the bulk of our current WR corps.

Why are you opposed to a reciever in the first?
Of all the skill positions outside of QB WR has the highest bust rate of first round drafted players. You either get it really right or really wrong. If I were a GM I'd prefer taking several 2nd round and beyond players at WR and a more sure thing in the first.

I have no idea have to ask a gator. I just had visions of things id seen before watching those 1 on 1s
He did drop passes in critical situations the last two years, and he's no fast like the others. he is quick and has some ju-ju when it comes to making people miss and slipping tackles. I see him 4th or 5th round.

Tyreek Hill 5th round
Stephon Diggs 5th round
You don’t have to take a WR or and skill player other than QB/CB in top 10.

Tylan Wallace, Elijah Moore, Felton, Atwell, Fitzgerald

There are so many that would be an upgrade.

He did drop passes in critical situations the last two years, and he's no fast like the others. he is quick and has some ju-ju when it comes to making people miss and slipping tackles. I see him 4th or 5th round.
He only had 3 drops his whole time at UF and he is a 4.4 40 guy ......

Back
Top Bottom