3 reasons you should believe in Noah Igbinoghene | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 reasons you should believe in Noah Igbinoghene

I don’t believe yet because what I saw was disgustingly terrible last year.

My hopes rest on his pedigree - his parents were world class athletes so he must be one competitor mutha. He has the athletic ability but that doesn’t mean anything in any sport if you can’t “play fast” like Zach Thomas could etc.

Everyone gets hyped this time of year and if I had $2.65 for every hype job on every fin in nearly 50 years of fandom I’d be retired by now.

Fluff pieces and filler. Let’s see when the pads come on and the games begin.

Reach / project picks disappoint more often than not. Throw in the added pressure of a kid that is going to be held up to X at every turn. **** - just keep X here for crying out loud.

Need to remember that it doesnt matter what round he was picked. Thats out of his control. That pick is on the team and why they drafted him at that pick. Iggy has a great supporting DB unit around him to learn. He has had the fortune to watch and take it in. Now its time to see if hes switched on and step up.

CB is one of those positions where film study and technique are critical. Can't emphasize that enough. He DOES seem to have the natural quickness and talent and his bad habits can be coached out of him. IMO, he'll live or die on commitment.
You think he's quick enough? I hope so. Looked pretty slow last year, but a lot of that was probably due to not having pro experience and learning the D.

iggy did recover both of jakeem's fumbles against the bengals after whiffing on his assigment, boyd, who lit grant twice. i think the second fumble was called back since the hit was flagged, so it was just one recovery after whiff.

I like his talent and he certainly can turn into a good corner and has great upside
Still was the wrong pick in that slot though

He missed 9 games with an injury, and had zero INTs.
This is a bit misleading. For openers, he beat out the veteran CB for the starting job. Iggy couldn’t get reps over Nik Needham (who I do like).

X did have an INT his rookie year - it came in the playoff game at Pitt. He was the only player on the day to make a play that day in what was a dreadful defensive showing.

As a rookie he also had a 6 pass breakups in 7 games played w 6 starts and 1 FF. Also recorded 40 tackles w one TFL.

X’s rookie campaign was pretty darn good. Iggy’s wasn’t even close.

Have to look deeper sometimes. We all saw a star in the making w X. We haven’t seen that yet w Iggy. Here’s to hoping he gets there.

We shall see this year if he becomes what you want.....

Back
Top Bottom