3 reasons you should believe in Noah Igbinoghene | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 reasons you should believe in Noah Igbinoghene

I know that some people hate the idea of drafting another first or second round CB next year, but really... don't be surprised.

It won't be because Grier/Flores have an unhealthy fascination with CBs either. Most CBs don't play well after 30, and both Jones and Hoard are 28 (as is Coleman). Two, maybe three years left before they lose a step and fall way off, and CB is one of the prime positions in the NFL. If you have bad CBs, you lose... period.

Iggy is still 21 and he's the future. Needham is 24 and might stick around awhile, but after that... not much.

We'll need more... we'll ALWAYS need more, and I think it's odd that so many seem to understand that RBs are largely disposable without realizing that CBs are almost as limited... while you need more of them and factoring in their greater importance.

Flores/Grier know all of this, and you can see it by the way both Hoard and Jones' contracts were structured... paying them less at the end of the contracts, as their speed will be waning.
100%. Great CBs are so hard to find.

Expecting big improvement this year. Make us believers Iggy

Miami bet on big time talent with inexperience in Noah and also Jackson. Year 1 was not pretty but I have faith that will get better

Miami bet on big time talent with inexperience in Noah and also Jackson. Year 1 was not pretty but I have faith that will get better
Why hedge your opinion? You have been very vocal from the draft that Jackson and Iggy were wrong. Where now does the faith come from, since year 1 was terrible and from the beginning you believe them to be busts.
I'm genuinely curious. You post a lot and I believe won't freak on me if I ask a straight forward question. If I've misread your stance I apologize as it's Saturday morning and I'm having a cup of coffee hoping for awesome fins news. Definitely not being confrontational.

Why hedge your opinion? You have been very vocal from the draft that Jackson and Iggy were wrong. Where now does the faith come from, since year 1 was terrible and from the beginning you believe them to be busts.
I'm genuinely curious. You post a lot and I believe won't freak on me if I ask a straight forward question. If I've misread your stance I apologize as it's Saturday morning and I'm having a cup of coffee hoping for awesome fins news. Definitely not being confrontational.
Maybe you are thinking of a different person. I just started posting again after taking a few months off. I liked the picks. Betting on potential vs settling for a low ceiling guy

If we trade X, I believe Igby will be solid. Not as many interceptions as X had, but Igby will be a very positive factor and not a liability. X won’t have 10 INTs this year if we keep him either.

I mean, his INT aren't really a one year wonder. He's missed time but when in, over the last few years I believe he leads all CB in % of INT on balls thrown his way.

He night not get 10 of course but no reason not to expect similar numbers.

He means a first rounder obviously . Not #1 overall. Even though I don't agree with him this response is not something adding value in any way to a discussion.

This post just sent me to bed, evening gents.
I know what he typed and what he was saying. I was neither agreeing with him nor disagreeing with him... I was simply pointing out his discrepancy in what he typed with a little snarkey sarcasm.

As far as value goes. My comment was valuable enough to get a response... and sending you to bed has its value too. We all need to get enough rest. 😴

losing Howard will be terrible, Iggy will never fill those shoes. Howard is a interception machine. hopefully Iggy he can be solid.

losing Howard will be terrible, Iggy will never fill those shoes. Howard is a interception machine. hopefully Iggy he can be solid.
Short term... probably.

Long term... a 21 year old who dominated the SEC at 19 years old will provide more return than a 28 year old CB who already has endured three knee surgeries.

This year... it's a downgrade, but beyond this year? Maybe not.

Short term... probably.

Long term... a 21 year old who dominated the SEC at 19 years old will provide more return than a 28 year old CB who already has endured three knee surgeries.

This year... it's a downgrade, but beyond this year? Maybe not.

I dont think its that cut and dry. College is a lot different from the NFL. I hope he succeeds but even long term I don't know that he has more value than Howard currently.

I dont think its that cut and dry. College is a lot different from the NFL. I hope he succeeds but even long term I don't know that he has more value than Howard currently.
You are correct. I completely agree that many who are extremely good in college, never make the jump.

However... if I am going to make a bet on a player, I always take the younger one. Does this always work? No, but it does work more often I think.

Find a way to make Howard happy while Iggy who will eventually replace him is getting better and better

Best case scenario

Find a way to make Howard happy while Iggy who will eventually replace him is getting better and better

Best case scenario
Agreed... so long as there isn't a major capitulation to him. It would be a horrible precedent for a rising team to commit.

Back
Top Bottom