-3 Yards Rushing??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

-3 Yards Rushing???

Dmancari23 said:
To the Ronnie Brown lovers, this is why we who don't support the #2 pick being Ronnie Brown have a voice. Probably the most inconsistent player other than Chambers on the team. Yeah he'll probably reach 1,000 yards, but it only takes 62.5 yards a game to do that. Big deal. I'm not going to openly bash him, because it's obvious that he's a guy that has his head on straight and is at least, if nothing else, a decent person and a good teammate, BUT he needs to live up to all of this crazy hype and to being the #2 pick. The guy we SHOULD'VE picked (Braylon Edwards) put up another big game. I know, as usual, I'll take heat for this, but I am a realist and a not a homer. We won the game, but he had nothing to do with it.

Wow :nono:

A mix of poor blocking and a very good defensive line added up to the running problem. I thought we actually ran too much (even though it was a few carries) because we were playing great in the 5 wide out set.

Dmancari23 said:
To the Ronnie Brown lovers, this is why we who don't support the #2 pick being Ronnie Brown have a voice. Probably the most inconsistent player other than Chambers on the team. Yeah he'll probably reach 1,000 yards, but it only takes 62.5 yards a game to do that. Big deal. I'm not going to openly bash him, because it's obvious that he's a guy that has his head on straight and is at least, if nothing else, a decent person and a good teammate, BUT he needs to live up to all of this crazy hype and to being the #2 pick. The guy we SHOULD'VE picked (Braylon Edwards) put up another big game. I know, as usual, I'll take heat for this, but I am a realist and a not a homer. We won the game, but he had nothing to do with it.

UN-REAL :nono:

Kdawg954 said:
C'mon Dman, they played the top run D . . and he was playing with an injury . . . not to mention our gameplan today didn't involve much running, u can tell that from the first series.

Simple, to the point, I agree 100%

Dmancari23 said:
No, you're a ******. Ronnie Brown only had 1 day practice this week, played injured, missed his best guard due to injury, and we played against the best run defense in the league.

Nick Saban said it in the postgame show that it wasn't Ronnie Brown's fault, and that he thought Ronnie played well. YES, HE SAID THAT. HE BLAMED THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

I will take Nick Saban's opinion over your ******ed *** post. Don't come back here again. You truely aren't a Miami Dolphins fan.

TotoreMexico said:
I knew this crap was coming

haha, yeah, I was waiting for one of these......unreal how 1 game gets some people worked up about things.

Dmancari23 said:

here we go again...all you do is troll Ronnie Brown thread to hate... you are not a realist...you are several things the tos don't allow me to say.

ronnie was slow and unproductive and he definitely needs blocking to gather his momentum to be at his best. chester taylor was held to 80 yards on 28 carries but looked shiftier and more elusive than ronnie. but this obsession with "failing to play like a #2 pick" is really getting old. Yes , Braylon Edwards is playing better but is he playing like a #3? This comparisons based on draft selection are bogus! Willie Parker wasn't drafted! Ryan Leaf was a #2. Julius Peppers was #2 pick. Blair Thomas was a #2 pick. Terrell Davis was 6th round pick. Kijana Carter was a #1 pick. Enuff with this garbage.:sidelol:

Ronnie came into this game semi-banged up, and he was running against the NFL's #1 ranked D, so I'm willing to give him a free pass this week. Still, that doesn't mean I'm not somewhat disappointed in his effort today....-3 yards??...

Thank The Football Gods For Defense!!!....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

This is not a terribly thoughtful thread. First of all, our team won a in a hard fought game and you decide this it the time to bash the guy who's been out there playing with a pulled groin. Sure, Ronnie Brown hasn't set the world on fire. But consider the offensive line he's had to run behind. And as for hype, what are you talking about? Ronnie Brown is one of the least quoted, least hyped RBs in the NFL. It sounds like you resent the fact that he was drafted 2nd overall and nothing he does short of being All-Pro will appease you. Eventually when this offensive line gets it together the running game will gel and Brown will have bigger numbers. And as for Braylon Edwards... watch a Browns game once in a while and count all his dropped passes then talk about being inconsistent.

Dmancari23 said:

Dmancari23 said:

Thank GOD you aren't a head coach........or scout for that matter. We got the guy we needed at the time and he has done well behind a questionable O-line and while being injured. By the way, since when does a player HAVE to live up to all of the hype? After all, it is what it is.......only hype. Ronnie never claimed to be anything he isn't. He never thumped himself on the chest or made any guarantees. For some reason SOME people seem to think that the a player has to live up to the hype that the FANS and MEDIA create. It makes no sense. So Ronnie had a bad day against the #1 RUSHING DEFENSE.......big friggin deal! He had a career day against the #1 DEFENSE in the NFL just a couple of weeks ago. He got injured last week and could have easily sat this one out, but he didn't. The guy has a great work ethic and regardless of what YOU think, he keeps a defense honest. Put plainly for the talent experts like you, he does his job......and that is what he was brought here for. We got the right man.

Lungoystr said:
Thank GOD you aren't a head coach........or scout for that matter. We got the guy we needed at the time and he has done well behind a questionable O-line and while being injured. By the way, since when does a player HAVE to live up to all of the hype? After all, it is what it is.......only hype. Ronnie never claimed to be anything he isn't. He never thumped himself on the chest or made any guarantees. For some reason SOME people seem to think that the a player has to live up to the hype that the FANS and MEDIA create. It makes no sense. So Ronnie had a bad day against the #1 RUSHING DEFENSE.......big friggin deal! He had a career day against the #1 DEFENSE in the NFL just a couple of weeks ago. He got injured last week and could have easily sat this one out, but he didn't. The guy has a great work ethic and regardless of what YOU think, he keeps a defense honest. Put plainly for the talent experts like you, he does his job......and that is what he was brought here for. We got the right man.

:yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom