3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

Try to stay focused pal. Talking about building the WR position. Not building the team around a WR...sheesh!
You think it's just a coincidence that when Jarvis had 10+ touches we would score TEN points FEWER on average than when he got 6 or less?

That STATISTIC is pointing out that he is not elite and doesn't do what elite WRs do when they touch the ball 10+ times. You're so quick to call others Zealous and Fanatical (As if we all aren't fanatics by the simplest definition of the word) yet you are basing your opinion on how good or bad a receiver is by how many catches he has and completely disregarding more relevant stats such as YPC and TD to Catch Ratio.

I mean you're in too deep now so there's no turning back, but you have to know how outrageously "zealous" you sound.

Sitton not Lang lol is mediocre talent in ur book, ok then. Also didn’t realize a WR corps consisted of 3 players, ok then. How convenient, just like not bringing up their s***** talent behind Ward and Garrett at 2 critical positions. We are a much better team than the Browns, you’ll learn soon enough.

Oh em gee, Sitton is old. His best years are behind him. Will be 32.5 in mid Dec.

You think it's just a coincidence that when Jarvis had 10+ touches we would score TEN points FEWER on average than when he got 6 or less?

That STATISTIC is pointing out that he is not elite and doesn't do what elite WRs do when they touch the ball 10+ times. You're so quick to call others Zealous and Fanatical (As if we all aren't fanatics by the simplest definition of the word) yet you are basing your opinion on how good or bad a receiver is by how many catches he has and completely disregarding more relevant stats such as YPC and TD to Catch Ratio.

I mean you're in too deep now so there's no turning back, but you have to know how outrageously "zealous" you sound.

That’s exactly what I think. Game day temperature has more of an impact. You can only diminish his value by a low ypr; which has many contributing factors. Only fanatics use that against a player when they leave. The rest of us give credit. If Landry were still a Dolphin you’d be saying, of the six wide receivers with a current average annual contract value of $15 million or more, Jarvis Landry ranks second in receptions, and fifth in receiving yards. His 2017 numbers ranked first in receptions, fifth in receiving yards and tied for second in receiving touchdowns among that group.

I’m assuming Fitz official position is at S. Fins OL, outside of LT, is full of mediocre talent and aging. They may have more chemistry. So they say, so I guess I’ll give them that.

WRs Landry/Gordon/Coleman > Stills/Parker/Amendola.

Drake may get held back by dumb personnel decisions. But I really like him otherwise.

Overall, Miami is 6-10 and Clev 8-8. Better than expected QB play could improve both by 2 games.

Miami overhyping Ballage. He’ll show flashes during the preseason and you people will get so excited then let down they don’t use him enough. You should hope for an injury to Drake or Gore so you can try to prove me wrong.

We will see during the season how this all plays out. I will go on record saying that I believe the Dolphins will have double digit wins in 2018 while I believe the Browns will struggle to win more than 6. The Browns are certainly being overhyped. They do have some talent but not more than the Dolphins. The Browns offense has the potential to be good if they get some solid QB play. Their defense on the other hand is not all that talented IMO.

Last edited:
CK, have to say that I am loving the podcast. You guys are doing a great job. It has been so difficult in the past to find knowledgeable people discussing the Dolphins. Used to try to listen to WQAM and 790 the ticket. Just never heard enough quality Dolphins' talk especially in the off season. Your podcast is a breath of fresh air. Can't wait till we get into training camp and pre season.

CK, have to say that I am loving the podcast. You guys are doing a great job. It has been so difficult in the past to find knowledgeable people discussing the Dolphins. Used to try to listen to WQAM and 790 the ticket. Just never heard enough quality Dolphins' talk especially in the off season. Your podcast is a breath of fresh air. Can't wait till we get into training camp and pre season.

Agree. Great job CK and give our best to your pals :thumbsup

Exactly. The most "hardcore" sports talk show in south Florida that talks a lot of Dolphins football is either The Joe Rose Show & The Big O Show. No thanks.

CK today was the first time I've tuned into a podcast on my way home from work, I usually just listened a bit during lunch, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. You guys have good chemistry on the show and the topics are relevant, I can only imagine the show getting better once the season starts. As someone else said, I had to fast forward through the politics part, I get enough of that through every other outlet lol, but otherwise better than anything currently on the radio.

Will be looking forward to Thursday work commutes from now on, keep up the good work guys!

Ditto. Well said. Great banter with the three of you too.

Back
Top Bottom