3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

CK's Tweet

"Dolphins were 9-22 and scored 17.1 points per game when Jarvis Landry was targeted 10+ times. They were 16-3 and scored 27.5 points per game when he was targeted 6 or fewer times. Knows how to flap his gums tho, gotta hand him that."

This doesn't surprise me but it is telling. That was always my impression watching games over the last few years. He piles up a lot of "garbage time" catches or catches where the defence is surrendering underneath throws in exchange for time off the clock. Rarely did they win games where you said he was a major reason why. Thanks for the stats CK.

Chris, you say Landry’s production increases in the 2nd half and Miami suffers slow 1st halves because of it. Landry’s catches and yards in both halves of 2017 were within 2 catches and 175 yards of each other. 33% vs 66% of his TDs in the 1st vs 2nd half. My issue with this is there’s no mention how often they ran the ball in each half. Miami ran it over 60% of the time in the 1st half vs less than 40% in the 2nd half.

Also, you keep saying he makes more than Julio Jones... Jones signed his 2nd contract in 2015 and was the 2nd highest paid WR at the time. Top pay continues to rise. That and the salary cap has increased 14%. Funny thing, Landry got 14% more than Jones.

Last thing, Browns did have a ton of money to spend. But, Miami was willing to pay Landry 2-4 mil less per year (depending who you ask). Miami had moves to make and could have afforded a similar contract. Instead they put it into guys like Bobby McCain, who recently signed with Miami to be the highest paid nickle CB. So why does Miami give a nickle corner top position pay (who isn’t a top nickle corner) but can’t make the room for Landry? I know, it’s not all about production. Personality matters, blah blah blah...

Haha! Barring injuries, targets will go to (no particular order) Parker, Amendola, Stills, Drake and then Wilson after those 4.
And? Even if that's true he'll have more yards then Landry. Wilson is a fast cat. Landry is more like a turtle

I think your problem is you hold catches up on a pedestal. Catching a 2 yard pass is meaningless .Catching 120 passes and not even getting 1000 yards is kinda sad

Last edited:
it is obvious that what separates Landry from the elite true wide receivers is their ability to run complex routes as well as their speed. OTOH Landry apparently lacks the sufficient intellectual capacity to master those complex routes or even worse, the motivation to learn them, at least to Gase's satisfaction.

And? Even if that's true he'll have more yards then Landry. Wilson is a fast cat. Landry is more like a turtle

I think your problem is you hold catches up on a pedestal. Catching a 2 yard pass is meaningless .Catching 120 passes and not even getting 1000 yards is kinda sad

I get your point about a low ypr, but I do not hold catches up on a pedestal. WRs are supposed to catch the ball. They’re also supposed to run with it, get 1st downs and score touchdowns. It’s just one part of his job. One he holds the NFL record for a player’s first 4 years. That’s impressive! Yet, people make it out to be a bad thing.

I’m also just the guy offsetting the haters that discredit his value for having a low ypr despite the plethora of variables that contribute to that. Did you know that Landry was 2nd to only T Hill in yac by WRs (by 1 yard)? So, he may have caught the 2 yard pass more than most but he also ran farther with it than most. This is mainly on him. There are very few contributing factors that effect this stat.

it is obvious that what separates Landry from the elite true wide receivers is their ability to run complex routes as well as their speed. OTOH Landry apparently lacks the sufficient intellectual capacity to master those complex routes or even worse, the motivation to learn them, at least to Gase's satisfaction.

upload_2018-6-16_8-27-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-16_8-27-37.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-16_8-27-37.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 2
My point exactly! Imagine how much more productive he could have been if he had the mental aptitude and/or motivation to apply himself to actually amassing closer to legitimate wideouts' YPC! It's like a Honda Accord running on a Civic's powertrain.

Brilliant pod cast fellas. Stumbled across it a few weeks ago on here and am hooked. Few times I'm laughing out loud which if your listening in your car or at home is fine but got a few strange looks on a packed airplane today...keep up the great work

I guess that pic was against the rules. My apologies.

DO BETTER

j_Rqn_THt.gif

You guys live in a bubble. Or did back then. Gadsden was overrated by fin fans. To the rest of the NFL he was just mediocre.
As I recall, OG wasn't particularly fast, but had incredible hands, and large catch radius. Fins fans loved him.

As I recall, OG wasn't particularly fast, but had incredible hands, and large catch radius. Fins fans loved him.

From one of my earlier posts:

“Bringing out all the fanatics just shows how single minded you all are. You people merely picked and chose the one aspect of each player’s game that makes them better than Landry; Gadsden had huge hands, Fryar had more ypr, Chambers was worse but somehow better and Mcduffie was mediocre for 9 years so we grew to love him!!!! Ridiculous!”

My point exactly! Imagine how much more productive he could have been if he had the mental aptitude and/or motivation to apply himself to actually amassing closer to legitimate wideouts' YPC! It's like a Honda Accord running on a Civic's powertrain.

You do realize, mental and physical toughness, preparedness, effort, and passion are words most people use to describe Landry? They’re words that show how motivated he is. His YAC were 2nd in the league. However, he’s targeted (as part of Gase’s scheme) on short routes. Someone had to throw the short passes too and everyone would agree Fins had poor QB play last year. Poor offensive line play too.

Back
Top Bottom