3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

What part of throwing a helmet across the field is self defense? Which I loved seeing, but I’m not the hypocrite here. You either say they both showed they’re immature or both fiery competitors. One doesn’t get a pass or blame and the other get the opposite.
If you can’t see the difference in the scenarios ... wow, sorry man. Also, how many other times has drake been involved with something like that? Or how about Landry? He is fiery for sure but he loves taking that fire right into other’s faces

Where do you rank Landry? In the top 10 of receivers? Top 5?

Jarvis won’t be the 2nd option in Cleveland. That’s Njoku

He’ll be getting 60-75 catches.

That's why I stressed second wide receiver. In 2017 in the AFC only Miami, New England, Pittsburgh and the Jets had two wide receivers with 58 or more receptions. I wouldn't be surprised if Landry and Gordon put up decent numbers, but Landry is not going to see the production he's used to in Miami.

I have posted this prediction in other threads but my prediction for Landry's stats in 2018 is
65 catches 625 yards 4 TDs. I might be a little low on the yardage maybe he will get that 650-675 yards. No doubt that he won't be the #1 option for the Browns.

Don't forget Duke Johnson as well for Cleveland who had 74 catches for almost 700 yards out of the backfield. Njoku and Gordon will both be targeted a lot as the big play guys.
I think Landry does fine just his days of catching 100+ balls may be over.

I have posted this prediction in other threads but my prediction for Landry's stats in 2018 is
65 catches 625 yards 4 TDs. I might be a little low on the yardage maybe he will get that 650-675 yards. No doubt that he won't be the #1 option for the Browns.

I agree. Those numbers seem realistic.

All of this is based on Josh Gordon playing a full season. I wouldn't bet anything on that. Landry's numbers will increase once Gordon pisses hot again.

If true, and unfortunately I think it did too, then that’s going to factor in Drake too. Dude threw his helmet across the field.
No, it isn't.

Both would have gotten a pass if it was an out of character one time thing.

Landry has a history of it, Drake doesn't.

Drake gets the pass, while it was (likely) the straw that broke the camel's back with Landry.

All of this is based on Josh Gordon playing a full season. I wouldn't bet anything on that. Landry's numbers will increase once Gordon pisses hot again.

Good point and if that happens Landry could have a big year which would be fine by me
I always liked the guy

Was going to post this, Drake was just using some self defense whereas Landry is a hot head

Jahn, curious of your ranking of the top receivers and where Landry fits in?

I assume you don’t just mean talent? If factoring who Id want as my top WR for the next 5-8 years then Landry is in the top 5-7 mix...have to factor in production, reliability, consistency and age. Couple better than him talent/production but age and injury history in comparison puts him closer to 5 than 10.

I love Jarvis, but I take Odell, Julio, Antonio, Deandre, AJ, Evans, Michael Thomas ahead of him just off the top of my head. There's likely at least a handful more.

If you can’t see the difference in the scenarios ... wow, sorry man. Also, how many other times has drake been involved with something like that? Or how about Landry? He is fiery for sure but he loves taking that fire right into other’s faces

Drake had multiple run ins at Alabama. His arrest almost got him kicked out.

That and Williams was going to start over Drake before Williams got hurt. It’s funny that Landry doesn’t get a pass for defending himself after Pryor shoves his hand under Landry’s helmet after the whistle. But Drake gets a pass for defending Drake.

Last edited:
I assume you don’t just mean talent? If factoring who Id want as my top WR for the next 5-8 years then Landry is in the top 5-7 mix...have to factor in production, reliability, consistency and age. Couple better than him talent/production but age and injury history in comparison puts him closer to 5 than 10.
well if we were gonna go by just pure talent, his own teammate- Josh Gordon would be like top 3. But lets just say in general, top receivers in the league. The best guys based on each factor you wanna include. There is no denying Landry is one of the more talented wr's in the league, but just cool your jets a little bit here man. I'd put him in the top 16 of guys probably. but top 10? probably not.

Drake had multiple run ins at Alabama. His arrest almost got him kicked out.

That and Williams was going to start over Drake before Williams got hurt. It’s funny that Landry doesn’t get a pass for defending himself after Pryor shoves his hand under Landry’s helmet after the whistle. But Drake gets a pass for defending Drake.

I'm not aware of all these run ins? Can you fill us in, for those that don't know? Looked up his arrest ...

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/alabama_running_back_kenyan_dr.html

wow, what a terrible human being! jeesh. How has each player acted while in the NFL? You don't think being choked by someone is a little different than what likely started as some pushing and shoving (if i recall from that incident). Landry has to keep his cool right there, even if the other guy is instigating it. HE WASN'T BEING STRANGLED! So much different...

Back
Top Bottom