3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

He'll shout "FANATIC" and make up some more crap. Seems to be working for him so far lol

Bringing out all the fanatics just shows how single minded you all are. You people merely picked and chose the one aspect of each player’s game that makes them better than Landry; Gadsden had huge hands, Fryar had more ypr, Chambers was worse but somehow better and Mcduffie was mediocre for 9 years so we grew to love him!!!! Ridiculous!

Name 1 position. The brownies have 1 win in 2 years but have a better roster than us, talk about delusion lol, we’ll find out soon enough.

RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, KR, K. Arguably TE. QB too early to consider. Cleveland’s top 3 WR and RB are better.

Miami has them at S and LT.

Landry is a great player. Arguably, Miami’s best WR since Duper and Clayton. Miami Fans loved him for almost 4 full seasons. I wish he would have stayed. I wish Tannenbaum would have paid him what he got (probably would have gotten him for slightly less). I wish they would build around him. Unfortunately, he’s gone and we’ve moved on to another new season.....wait, what?!?! We haven’t moved on? We’re still talking about Landry? Know how I know Miami fanatics are real? Because, they can’t move on. I mourned. I tried to move on, but I can’t because the biggest story concerning the Dolphins is Landry’s relationship with Tannehill.

PS. Chris Kouffman, your tweet is ridiculous. Those who liked it or shared it are ridiculous too. When Landry was targeted 10+ times, they converted more first downs and sustained longer drives. How in God’s name is moving the chains and gaining first downs something detrimental to an offense? There is absolutely no correlation between wins and losses and Landry targets. None.

Umm...yes there is?

I mean, it's a continuous variable versus a dichotomous variable so you can't really do a Pearson's correlation coefficient, nor can you really do a Spearman's, but you can do a Point Biserial correlation coefficient which in this case is a -0.375 relationship between Jarvis Landry targets and winning games.

I'm a little rusty but i believe the t-test for point biserial in this case would be -3.18, and so...umm...yeah. There's a relationship. But that wasn't your claim. Your claim wasn't nearly so rational as theorizing that there is no relationship. You said there is "absolutely no correlation"...and that's just plain false on the face of it, without even bothering to get fancy with the stats.

PS. You can just use a normal Pearson's correlation coefficient on Jarvis Landry targets versus points scored, and that number is -0.364.

About more common knowledge correlations, most everyone knows about how YPA differential is highly correlated to winning football.

Yards per pass attempts is usually a good gage of an offense's effeciency. So where does Landry fit in that equation?

For a WR, the pass attempt is a target.

• Landry's yards/target career number is 7.08 yards per passing target
  • That puts him at 115th in the NFL since he got drafted, amongst receivers over a 100 targets during that period.
  • in 2017, an offense with a 7.1 YPA was 13th in the NFL
  • in 2016, it was 18th
  • in 2015, 18th again...
Where am I going with this?

When throwing to Landry, you are not contributing to your team's chances to win. On average, the more you throw in Landry's direction, the more you are heading towards the bottom half of the league in offense effeciency.

This is how you explain the Fins atrocious record when the vast majority of pass attempts go to a 7.02 yards/target receiver...

Bringing out all the fanatics just shows how single minded you all are. You people merely picked and chose the one aspect of each player’s game that makes them better than Landry; Gadsden had huge hands, Fryar had more ypr, Chambers was worse but somehow better and Mcduffie was mediocre for 9 years so we grew to love him!!!! Ridiculous!

Yes you are.

Alright guys that's enough taking shots at each other

Make your points but resist the urge to name call or get personal with other members. That will be considered a personal attack and your post will be deleted.
You could also be banned from this thread if you continue.

Basically play nice .
Don't respond to this warning just keep it in mind.

RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, KR, K. Arguably TE. QB too early to consider. Cleveland’s top 3 WR and RB are better.

Miami has them at S and LT.

I forgot they drafted Nick Chubb, so I’ll give u they may have a slightly better and deeper RB group, but imo Drake is better than anyone on their roster, and Ballage has excellent potential as well. Our OL is way deeper and better than theirs, sure they have a great pair of guards, but tackle is more important and were a lot better there which makes our group better, plus the addition of Lang. I won’t go into every position, but CB and DL give me a break. We have way more depth and talent there compared to them, in fact it’s not even close. Outside of Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward, they are weak at those 2 positions. We on the other hand have a lot of talent at those positions, plus the ability to drop a guy like Fitz in the slot who should excel in that position. After losing Shelton they have could be real weak up the middle, but I’m sure u like their no names at DT better than the 4 quality players we have lol. We’ll find out soon enough.

Haha try to keep up. Teams don’t like giving up capital on top of a large contract. Had he been an unrestricted FA, who knows where he’d have landed.

I'm still waiting on your video proof that Landry was double teamed during 80 of his snaps last year.

I forgot they drafted Nick Chubb, so I’ll give u they may have a slightly better and deeper RB group, but imo Drake is better than anyone on their roster, and Ballage has excellent potential as well. Our OL is way deeper and better than theirs, sure they have a great pair of guards, but tackle is more important and were a lot better there which makes our group better, plus the addition of Lang. I won’t go into every position, but CB and DL give me a break. We have way more depth and talent there compared to them, in fact it’s not even close. Outside of Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward, they are weak at those 2 positions. We on the other hand have a lot of talent at those positions, plus the ability to drop a guy like Fitz in the slot who should excel in that position. After losing Shelton they have could be real weak up the middle, but I’m sure u like their no names at DT better than the 4 quality players we have lol. We’ll find out soon enough.

I’m assuming Fitz official position is at S. Fins OL, outside of LT, is full of mediocre talent and aging. They may have more chemistry. So they say, so I guess I’ll give them that.

WRs Landry/Gordon/Coleman > Stills/Parker/Amendola.

Drake may get held back by dumb personnel decisions. But I really like him otherwise.

Overall, Miami is 6-10 and Clev 8-8. Better than expected QB play could improve both by 2 games.

Miami overhyping Ballage. He’ll show flashes during the preseason and you people will get so excited then let down they don’t use him enough. You should hope for an injury to Drake or Gore so you can try to prove me wrong.

I'm still waiting on your video proof that Landry was double teamed during 80 of his snaps last year.

There’s no video proof that proves anyone has or hasn’t. Nice try though; I appreciate your persistence. I really overlooked your point because it was really irrelevant.

Gadsden: 227, 3,252, 22, 7 seasons
Fryar: 199, 3,190, 20, 3 seasons
Chambers: 405, 5,688, 42, 7 seasons
Mcduffie: 415, 5,074, 29, 9 seasons

Landry: 400, 4,038, 22, 4 seasons

Landry has more catches, yards and tied for TDs in less seasons than Gadsden.

More catches, yards and TDs than Fryar.

Better avg’s than Chambers and Mcduffie at every category. You guys tout averages so much then it should be clear who’s better on a per season basis with Miami.. Fryar is the only one worth arguing over but Landry caught more passes and returned kicks. And I did say, arguably...looks like we’re arguing!

I find it very interesting that when you compare receptions to production, there is a very noticeable outlier. Jarvis has 1000 fewer yards on roughly equal reception totals than Chambers or OJ and 900 more yards than Fryar on twice as many receptions. His touchdown numbers are way less than Chambers and 7 less than OJ (another slot guy). Fryar has only 2 fewer touchdowns on 200 fewer receptions.

Given the fact that the league has grown into more pass heavy offensive systems, I think much of the correlation of wins/losses that CK originally references has to do with the inefficient point and yardage production Jarvis has shown in his career. He may do well in Cleveland, but it’s a bit of a stretch to call him the best or most productive receiver in Dolphins history with these apples to apples comparisons. He only stands apart on a per season basis which numbers show are clearly volume based.

Not to derail this thread too much, but I did find those prorated comparisons fascinating.

On the original topic, love the podcasts. Well done CK, Simon, and Alf. Have to restrain myself from listening as soon as I get the new episode notification.

I’m assuming Fitz official position is at S. Fins OL, outside of LT, is full of mediocre talent and aging. They may have more chemistry. So they say, so I guess I’ll give them that.

WRs Landry/Gordon/Coleman > Stills/Parker/Amendola.

Drake may get held back by dumb personnel decisions. But I really like him otherwise.

Overall, Miami is 6-10 and Clev 8-8. Better than expected QB play could improve both by 2 games.

Miami overhyping Ballage. He’ll show flashes during the preseason and you people will get so excited then let down they don’t use him enough. You should hope for an injury to Drake or Gore so you can try to prove me wrong.

Sitton not Lang lol is mediocre talent in ur book, ok then. Also didn’t realize a WR corps consisted of 3 players, ok then. How convenient, just like not bringing up their s***** talent behind Ward and Garrett at 2 critical positions. We are a much better team than the Browns, you’ll learn soon enough. Last point, on the open market our OTs would triple the price of their OTs, and that’s being conservative, I’m out.

Last edited:
Great example here that shows how you guys pick and choose your stats from one WR to the next. Just to be clear, not saying Landry is their best in history. Just best since Duper and Clayton.

Back
Top Bottom