3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

Not even close, There isn't 1 position on their entire team that is better than ours since Thomas retired. They do have a lot of young talent, but our depth is better at every single position on the field, except QB but Tannehill is much better than a rookie and T-mobile lol. This is a deep Dolphins team, and it will make the playoffs. The Browns will improve (how could they not) but they still have a long way to go, and Juice is only going to help so much. Gordon is even more important than Juice, and he hasn't played in forever but at least he's fast. They don't have quality depth like we do at WR, or DE, or any position on the field which is why they will still pretty much suck, especially with T-mobile who is a terrible pocket passer.

Thia might be the worst fanatic post in this thread. This is full of delusion, hope and nonsense.

I can't believe I'm going to do this...but I'll bite.

Lets start with the claim in bold. No I didn't consider that bc it is fairy tale land. It's so false I can't even grasp where you came up with it. Gadsden has exactly the same amount of TD's(with nearly half the receptions), Chambers has twice the TD's and more yards.....and Mcduffie has 7 more, and more yards.
....and he's not even remotely close to having the most yards of any Miami receiver.

What's next....he has more sacks than Jason Taylor too?

Research before you make absurd claims. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/career-receiving.htm

Gadsden: 227, 3,252, 22, 7 seasons
Fryar: 199, 3,190, 20, 3 seasons
Chambers: 405, 5,688, 42, 7 seasons
Mcduffie: 415, 5,074, 29, 9 seasons

Landry: 400, 4,038, 22, 4 seasons

Landry has more catches, yards and tied for TDs in less seasons than Gadsden.

More catches, yards and TDs than Fryar.

Better avg’s than Chambers and Mcduffie at every category. You guys tout averages so much then it should be clear who’s better on a per season basis with Miami.. Fryar is the only one worth arguing over but Landry caught more passes and returned kicks. And I did say, arguably...looks like we’re arguing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Better avg’s than Chambers and Mcduffie at every category. You guys tout averages so much then it should be clear who’s better on a per season basis with Miami. Those of you arguing Gadsden are just dumb. Fryar is the only one worth arguing over but Landry caught more passes and returned kicks. And I did say, arguably...looks like we’re arguing!

Don't even try it there cowboy. You said "more yards, TD's and catches than any other WR". You were called out....then proceeded to go on a word twisting campaign?

I can't even believe this is happening. It's my own fault. OK...Landry is the greatest receiver we have ever had and will never be matched in his greatness. His bust at Canton is probably under construction as we speak and his name on the ring of honor at The Rock is cemented. Right next to Duper. He's that amazing.

Some posts are as predictable as a nympho in a dildo factory.

I'm sure that there would be posters who're now extolling Landry's virtues who otherwise, if the Fins had given him north of $15mil, would be pissing and moaning what morons the front office were for overpaying a limited receiver with unimpressive ypc's.

Pretty sure it's a reflex reactive symptom of hard-wired synapses defensively misfiring on any suggestion that might depict the team in a positive light that creates cognitive dissonance in their psyches.

Just in case anyone was wondering, from 2016 to 2017 do you know what the correlation was between Kenny Stills' targets and the propensity for Miami to win?

Zero. Absolute zero. Exact same average number of targets during wins (5.8125) as losses (5.8125).

And the correlation between Stills's targets and points scored is actually positive, though insignificantly so.

I would be willing to bet Albert Wilson has more yards then Landry this season

Paul Warfield (1970-1974)
Though he only spent five seasons with Miami, Warfield was a crucial component in the Dolphins’ early 1970’s legacy that included three consecutive trips to the Super Bowl, two Super Bowl titles, and the franchise’s unparalleled undefeated 1972 campaign. Over 40 years later, he still holds Miami records for average yards-per-catch per season (25.1) and career (21.5). He tallied 427 receptions, 8,565 yards, 85 touchdowns, six All-NFL selections, and eight Pro Bowls in his career. His 20.1 yards-per-catch mark goes down as one of the best in NFL history. However, his stats alone aren’t what makes him one of the best all-time receivers in franchise history. Warfield posed as such a threat on the field, it allowed the Dolphins to use the forward pass intimidation factor as an advantage to churn out yards on the ground. During the 1972 season, the team ran the ball 613 times while passing only 259 times, rushing for a then-league high 2,960 yards.

He was Miami's best receiver

Don't even try it there cowboy. You said "more yards, TD's and catches than any other WR". You were called out....then proceeded to go on a word twisting campaign?

I can't even believe this is happening. It's my own fault. OK...Landry is the greatest receiver we have ever had and will never be matched in his greatness. His bust at Canton is probably under construction as we speak and his name on the ring of honor at The Rock is cemented. Right next to Duper. He's that amazing.

Called out for being right about Landry!?!? Landry, is better than any of them during their Miami careers. I said catches, yards AND TDs because those are the 3 main stats people use. Collectively they prove Landry has been the best since Clayton and Duper. Gadsden, Chambers and Mcduffie were mediocre while with Miami and statistically shows that. This is why you can’t get out of your own way and why you keep thinking Miami is a legitimate contender. Nice try, but if you ask non fin fans then they’d agree that Landry is Miami’s best WR since the Clayton/Duper era.

I give Landry his due. Fiery competitor and good after he got his hands on the ball but never a deep threat and the unnecessary stuff that got penalties was just silly sometimes.
He did catch lots of balls and that punt return vs Washington was terrific, It would have been nice to keep him but that ridiculous salary he's getting and his completely unnecessary remarks makes it ok we let him leave.

I would be willing to bet Albert Wilson has more yards then Landry this season

Haha! Barring injuries, targets will go to (no particular order) Parker, Amendola, Stills, Drake and then Wilson after those 4.

Because he had to be paid. Very rarely are you seeing teams trade top draft pick capital, just to pay a non-QB major money. Especially considering the Dolphins were in a complete bind with their cap situation.

It speaks more to the Dolphins incompetence that they weren't more proactive in trading him. We're very fortunate the Browns bailed them out so they got some type of scraps for their best receiver.

Agree

Better avg’s than Chambers and Mcduffie at every category. You guys tout averages so much then it should be clear who’s better on a per season basis with Miami.. Fryar is the only one worth arguing over but Landry caught more passes and returned kicks. And I did say, arguably...looks like we’re arguing!

You do realize the more catches and tied for TD's a mixed bag, no? Catches / Targets seems more interesting than just pure catches.

As for why Landry has as many *catches* as he does, there are lots of reasons -- many of them aren't as a result of Landry: QB play, line play, the other WRs impact, ability of the RB to contribute either by being a bell cow and/or catch out of the backfield, etc. That's not to say Landry was a bad player -- he clearly is a good player, and in some ways, very good: tough, wears his heart on his sleeve, fights for every ball, puts 110% out after the catch. But you can't ignore that he's not tall, or fast, or able to run the entire route tree with the same impact as his shorter routes.

Bottom line, Either:
He's a Hall of Fame WR because he catches so many balls despite defenses being scared of him -- pay the man $15M a year​
OR
He catches that many balls because the D's didn't scheme to stop him because he isn't a game changer and they were more than willing to give him his catches to free up a player for something that mattered -- $15M a year, are you nuts?​

Thia might be the worst fanatic post in this thread. This is full of delusion, hope and nonsense.

Name 1 position. The brownies have 1 win in 2 years but have a better roster than us, talk about delusion lol, we’ll find out soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom