7-11 / Carroo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-11 / Carroo

I have seen that Hogan has learned the patriots way of pushing off on deep balls.

Uh, the first part of what you said has truth, especially how many offensive interference penalties they get away with. But Welker was far from trash in Miami. Heck, he was pretty much their MVP that last year.

The year he caught 67 passes and scored 1 td? His return numbers of 22 yards per kickoff and 9 yards per punt was nothing special and he had no scores in those area. He led the Dolphins in receptions that year but had less than 10 more than McMiichael, Booker and Chambers and fewer td's than each. Again I don't think he was a bad player that year, which by far the best of his career up to that point, but I don't think he out performed what you would value a 2nd round pick.

Uh, the first part of what you said has truth, especially how many offensive interference penalties they get away with. But Welker was far from trash in Miami. Heck, he was pretty much their MVP that last year.

Team MVP with 1 td throughout his dolphin career? He was somewhat of a pleasant surprise but were you not ecstatic that NE gave us a 2nd for him at the time? Welker would have never been anything close to what he was in NE if he stayed in miami.

Judging Wes Welker by statistics while being thrown to by the '06 season's QB carousel of Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, and Cleo Lemon . . .

:sidelol:

Judging Wes Welker by statistics while being thrown to by the '06 season's QB carousel of Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, and Cleo Lemon . . .

:sidelol:
Well that's kind of the point. Qbs like Brady make WRs. It's not the other way around. Welker was a great fit in NE. Was basically trash here. Just like Duper & Clayton wouldn't have had the career they had anywhere else.

Well that's kind of the point. Qbs like Brady make WRs. It's not the other way around. Welker was a great fit in NE. Was basically trash here. Just like Duper & Clayton wouldn't have had the career they had anywhere else.

No the point is that Welker had a lot of potential that was hidden by **** QB play. He never needed a HOF QB to draw it out. Just some competence at the position.

No the point is that Welker had a lot of potential that was hidden by **** QB play. He never needed a HOF QB to draw it out. Just some competence at the position.

I would disagree but it's hard to judge him when he had all his success catching passes from Brady and Peyton Manning

Houston had a ton of short fields and did nothing with them

They get watt back they gonna be hell on d but that qb situation is no bueno

This thread is a little pointless IMO as we are talking about a guy we had in camp 5 years ago. While we're at it, how about a Ninkovich / Odrick debate?

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Houston had a ton of short fields and did nothing with them

They get watt back they gonna be hell on d but that qb situation is no bueno
brock osweiler is worse than Matt Moore on matt's worst day, throwing lefty and wearing an eye-patch.

who would you trade on our wr corps for Hogan....nobody, its the Pats system

Welker wasn't trash here. Holy crap you people

System player. The Phins have a better WR corp than the Pats. Hogan couldn't make the Phins roster and Caroo is a much better physician talent whose only limitation thus far is route running and not mastering the playbook (common among rookies).
Why don't we wait a season or 2 and season what direction their respective careers take.

The fact that Chris Hogan has a nickname is the silliest part of the whole thing. He's accomplished nothing in his career to have a moniker.

You can blame his former Dolphins teammates for that.

Carroo is a bust and worse isnt needed even if he was decent. But hogan? Who left what 5 years ago? Odd thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Writing off Carroo this early is pretty dumb. I learned my lesson after Ajayi. Wait until he gets an opportunity for extended action, and then judge him accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom