7-11 / Carroo | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-11 / Carroo

Did anyone not think Hogan would eventually end up catching passes from Brady? It was inevitable, and doesn't mean he would have done the same thing anywhere else.

Hes also dropped some passes this year too.

As far as Carroo, to judge him now would be exactly the same as letting Hogan move on 3 years ago. So you can't have it both ways....we need to give our talent a chance to develop before dismissing them as garbage.

Why was it inevitable? I'm surprised Hogan is still in the league. Also, the narrative that whoever we cut ends up on NE is a bit tired. It's simply not true. NE is no juggernaut. They have as many holes as we do. That NE **** is coming to an end.

Why was it inevitable? I'm surprised Hogan is still in the league. Also, the narrative that whoever we cut ends up on NE is a bit tired. It's simply not true. NE is no juggernaut. They have as many holes as we do. That NE **** is coming to an end.

:sidelol:

:sidelol:

You can laugh all you want and keep believing the same narrative but NE is a flawed team just like everyone else. Granted, they have a great system and have been successful but they are in their last leg. Their defense will not stop pitt next week.

You definitely can't call a guy a bust after a rookie season. He barely saw the field because of a deep group. But you are right about the fact that he wasn't needed..

LOL, well we were fortunate that we didn't need him. Had we lost our WRs to injury and did not have Carroo...fans would be crying oh why didn't we get depth at the WR position.

You can laugh all you want and keep believing the same narrative but NE is a flawed team just like everyone else. Granted, they have a great system and have been successful but they are in their last leg. Their defense will not stop pitt next week.

Besides admitting they have a great system there's a bunch of fluff in that post.

You mean that same defense that lead the league in points allowed w/ a mere 15.6 pts/g? That one?

Besides admitting they have a great system there's a bunch of fluff in that post.

You mean that same defense that lead the league in points allowed w/ a mere 15.6 pts/g? That one?

Are you a closet NE fan? Or are you just short sighted? What makes you think NE is so dominant that they can't lose to any of the remaining teams?

Are you a closet NE fan? Or are you just short sighted? What makes you think NE is so dominant that they can't lose to any of the remaining teams?

Well you mentioned that NE was a flawed team. Can you please elaborate? I see a machine that every year seems to be able to compete at the highest level. Please point out these huge flaws.

I'm a open Belichick admirer who's studied his defenses for years. He's a football genius, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Here's some "short-sighted" background on Belichick's history vs Pittsburgh.

Post #7: http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...-Brady&p=1065479302&viewfull=1-post1065479302

After you've read that you should now understand the connection b/w Belichick & Saban and the complications and high football IQ that is required to run such a defense.

Currently this explains why former Alabama MLB Dont'a Hightower mans the middle of the defense, as his experience in running it's nuances trace back to his days with Saban. Devin McCourty is also a very good safety who can also play CB, his original position from which he transitioned, should he be called on to do so. McCourty, being the longest tenured Patriot on the unit, also has very high football IQ and with great speed (4.38/40) who rivals Earl Thomas with his exceptional range in the secondary. Add in the force of NT/DT Malcom Brown and you can begin to see the structure on which the current Patriots defense is built on.

Those 3 players serve as the backbone and literal spine of their defense as they have been very successful recently in predominately running an unorthodox 3-3-5 Bear front. Brown at NT, Hightower stacked behind him, and depending on the Rip/Liz call - McCourty over top. They serve as the basis of the bend but don't break defensive philosophy as they prevent big plays in the middle while also helping suffocate others as the rest of the defense funnels everything back inside. They've been very solid vs the run in this formation as well despite having only a 6 man front. Those three players mentioned are heavy contributors, but they are certainly not the only ones making a difference as they rotate players often and spread out their snap counts in a wide variety of ways.

15.6 pts a game. They gave up a mere 250 total points, which is 34 less than the next best.

Hard to fathom for some I'm sure considering all the talk about Ninkovich being suspended early on, the "erroneous" Mingo acquisition, Chandler Jones leaving mid-season, etc. etc. Unfortunately as division rivals we've been witnesses to this and read on this very forum every reason every season why the Patriots defense won't be same next year because such and such is no longer there. Players come and go very frequently in NE. Though regardless of their carousel of personnel, their ability to adapt accordingly to their opponent on a week-to week basis is phenomenal as Belichick has exceptionally strategic and scheming abilities.

People can clamor over personnel, but nothing beats sound coaching and scheme. That's been proven in New England to the tune of sixteen straight winning seasons and seven consecutive years of at least 12 wins or more. Oh yeah, and those four Super Bowl Championships.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things

Welker was Miami's leading WR in 2006 even with the ****ty QB. Not sure how folks can say he was trash here.

We kept Legadu Nanee over Hogan. If hogan had 1 catch for 1 yard he'd have been more more productive than Nanee was for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hogan is not good. Brady and NE has a great system that will make most players look decent. Even Welker was pretty much trash when he was in miami. I do think trading a 3 &4 for carroo was a bad idea though.

Dude, Welker was not trash when he was here. He was the only one making plays on the offensive side of the ball while he was here, it was clear to anyone watching he was a special player. I was so bummed when the Patriots signed him, just one more inept front office decision like another brick in the wall of failure. Hopefully Gase and company won't make foolish mistakes like that again...

Dude, Welker was not trash when he was here. He was the only one making plays on the offensive side of the ball while he was here, it was clear to anyone watching he was a special player. I was so bummed when the Patriots signed him, just one more inept front office decision like another brick in the wall of failure. Hopefully Gase and company won't make foolish mistakes like that again...

Agreed and admit I was in denial at the time. Thought he was reaping the benefits of Chambers and Booker attracting attention. He was actually the he best player and Harrington was probably the crappiest QB we've had. The guy sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hogan was another example of the ineptness of the Philbin era....kid is getting open so much in camp he gets a nickname.....and they cut him.

No the point is that Welker had a lot of potential that was hidden by **** QB play. He never needed a HOF QB to draw it out. Just some competence at the position.

That is the point that is missed about Welker. When he was here he was a work horse constantly moving us between the 20's. He is one of the fastest players to reach 10,000 all purpose yards. Even though he didn't score TD's directly as a Dolphin he contributed to about a third of our scoring during that time by flipping field position and converting 3rd downs leading to scoring drives. The QB's here hampered him from becoming a top receiver. Once a good QB (Brady, Manning) was throwing to him in the red zone he became a much bigger threat and complete player.

Back
Top Bottom