72 dolphins vs 03 pats | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

72 dolphins vs 03 pats

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Common sense has to be applied to this guys. Patriots have faster receivers that miami's defensive backs couldn't keep up with. Bigger offensive lineman that would easily dominate our defensive line. The list goes on, nick bounoconti would look like an 8 year old in the field. Did I say that the pats would rape miami badly.

As easy as it would be to insult you... I will not since it is not allowed. Just let it be known I would if it were allowed. So I will leave you with this..... I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOUR OFF THE WALL "THOUGHT".

Originally posted by themole

If pressed... I would never admit it but it's true. Todays sorriest teams just might be able to beat the 72 team consistantly, and that includes the great teams of Pittsburg too. All pro guard Larry little a converted fullback from San Deago weighed 260 lbs. Nick Bounacotti weighed 220lbs Larry Csonka 240-250 depending on whos scale you used. Manny fernandez 245.

Old school... a three hundred pound football player would be considered a fat lazy undisciplined person and would not have been allowed to set foot on a Don Shula coached practice field let alone a game.

Times have changed. That's why i'm so supprised that theat computer game had the 72 phins coming out on top.

All I can say is wow.... so off base.

umm..Muck, not to discredit the accomplishments of the 72 fins, but just what exactly do you think would happen when that O-line would face Ted Washington(who outweighs them by a 100)...today's athletes are bigger, faster, stronger, and juiced

just one of the 80000 reasons why it is pointless to even bother trying to compare teams from entirely diffent eras

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
umm..Muck, not to discredit the accomplishments of the 72 fins, but just what exactly do you think would happen when that O-line would face Ted Washington(who outweighs them by a 100)...today's athletes are bigger, faster, stronger, and juiced

Circling the Jerkus...If you could make that happen... we could also factor in our equalizers.

But it ain't never gonna happen!

72 dolphins REMAINUNDEFEATED :D

Originally posted by themole

Circling the Jerkus...If you could make that happen... we could also factor in our equalizers.

But it ain't never gonna happen!

72 dolphins REMAINUNDEFEATED :D
you're taking what I posted the wrong way...I have nothing but respect for the 72 fins because of the undefeated season. But let's not be homers fellas, we're talking about bigger and better athletes...Anyways, it's a stupid argument because it can never happen--it reminds me of when people thought the 01 Canes could beat the bengals.

you're taking what I posted the wrong way...I have nothing but respect for the 72 fins because of the undefeated season. But let's not be homers fellas, we're talking about bigger and better athletes...Anyways, it's a stupid argument because it can never happen--it reminds me of when people thought the 01 Canes could beat the bengals.

:biggrin: No I"M not! I'm just having a litle fun.

That's why you can't compare the two teams. Played in a different time. Today players are bigger faster and stronger with the way they work out now, and the things they take to help them. They didn't have those back in the day.

Here are the scores I believe between the best teams and these Pats..........(I have simmed madden 04' and it's pretty consistent.)

72 Fins 21
04 Pats 13

(Those fins used alot of cross blocking and quickness with their O-Line, very similar to the modern broncos.....TOP rules.....The Dolphins played a variation of what is now called the 46.......Tennessee was very succesful using that against the pats in the playoffs.)

79 Steelers 24
04 Pats 14

Those Steelers would have stretched the Pats vertically just like Carolina did....but the difference comes in the ability of the Steeler secondary to dominate the short passing games of the Bengals, Browns, Oilers, and Chargers of their time.......

84 49ers 31
04 Pats 21

Those Niners would have lit up these pats because of Rodney Harrison's inability to cover one of the best backs out of the backfield Roger Craig............The Pats would have moved it some against these Niners although these Niners played alot of short zones that would have hurt the Pats short passing game.

85 Bears 13
04 Pats 10

The Bears offense would not have been able to do much against these Pats........But this Bear Defense was tailor made to destroy an offense like the Pats.....The Pats could have beaten these Bears.....it is a tossup.

92 Cowboys 27
04 Pats 14

Those Cowboys were today's Dolphins times 5.......Today's Dolphins times 5 would blow out the Pats every time..........The Dolphins have shown that their schemes which are very similar to those Cowboys can give these Pats alot of trouble.

99 Broncos 17
04 Pats 24

These Pats beat those Broncos.....because the Pats Defense is geared to defeat the west coast offense as constituted with those Broncos.....Those Broncos did not threaten downfield with their backs.....they did not apply pressure through their vertical passing game.....Those Broncos when T. Davis was stopped....were dead.....Brady does enough against that defense.

It's pretty sad that Fhins can only talk about a team that is 34 years old. I bet my dad could beat up your great, great grandfather.

And I can beleive you guys are talking about video games, posting results of a video is just sad. I played the computer the other day, I was the 72 Fhins and the computer was the 03 Texans. The computer beat me 55-3, for what it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Driven
It's pretty sad that Fhins can only talk about a team that is 34 years old. I bet my dad could beat up your great, great grandfather.

And I can beleive you guys are talking about video games, posting results of a video is just sad. I played the computer the other day, I was the 72 Fhins and the computer was the 03 Texans. The computer beat me 55-3, for what it's worth.

That's great Driven...Now try playing in the traffic.

Back
Top Bottom