8/12 - Camp Tweets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/12 - Camp Tweets

Hard cuts at D-line and WR coming assuming most stay healthy, unfortunately were not sure if we can get any decent play from the LB positions. I would be extremely disappointed if they end up releasing Gibson but hopefully he can make it through the wear and tear of a whole year after coming back from the injury.

If Miami releases Binns, Williams and Cone do all three get picked up by other teams? My plan would be keep Hartline, Wallace, Gibson, Matthews and Landry. Put Hazel on the practice squad and if needed resign one of the Binns, Williams and Cone group in season if needed and available.

that's exactly what i would do if everyones healthy come final cuts...

that's exactly what i would do if everyones healthy come final cuts...

What do you do for KR and PR then? Have Landry return punts and have Damian Williams (RB) at kick return? That would mean for RB's you keep 4 and either Gillislee or Thomas get cut . Or are you saying you would keep those five plus Thigpen as your 6th?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not going to happen, but I would like to see Landry returning punts and Lamar Miller returning kick offs.

Thigpen needs to be cut.

The top 5 WRs can not be disputed by anyone that would be making sense.

The only argument is to keep 6 or not, and if so, which one. I was all for Binns getting a spot, but his play has not seemed to match last years offseason. Of course, I have nothing to go on but, reports so I can't argue if the staff keeps or cuts him. At this point I may be leaning towards what Hoops is saying about keeping the obvious 5 and then signing one of the potential cuts if needed later in the season. The only issue I have with that is I feel like it is imperative to have 4 quality players at WR on the roster at all times based on how the game is played these days. We saw what a few injuries can do at WR last year. What if one of those guys is not available later in the year when we may need them? That is why I would probably just decide on one of them and keep 6.

As far as returns go, I definitely want to keep Williams at this point. I would keep him at RB anyway. Thomas is finished. I may keep 4 RBs and have Moreno, Miller, Williams, and Gillislee. I like what Williams can bring to the table at just the RB position. The fact that he can return kicks is a bonus. I do not see how he can be less effective than Thigpen at that role. I also have no issues with Landry returning punts. All of this makes Thigpen an easy cut IMHO.

What do you for KR and PR then? Have Landry return punts and have Damian Williams (RB) at kick return? That would mean for RB's you keep 4 and either Gillislee or Thomas get cut . Or are you saying you would keep those five plus Thigpen as your 6th?

i probably keep thigpen as the 6th wr and emergency rb active on game day...but it's a tough call...i'd rather landry get his run at wr in game but i think he may get caught in a numbers thing there more than he should...

i'm not interested in most of the depth rbs...think i can do better off someones cuts...the williams kid has played in 2 game like scenarios and put the ball on the ground in both...can't have it

the only other wr i'd consider for the 53 is binns...but i think i'd pass with the other 5 options healthy...

i don't like the depth tight ends this team better be careful with dion sims he goes down they got nothing to handle his role...

also i guess i should say hazel hasnt really shown me much to date but it's hard to really evaluate those depth wrs that i havent seen before when the qbs timing is not very good and he's got tunnel vision...he needs to show more for me to use a p squad spot there...him and cone only 2 i'd consider but not for the 53...game 4 will be big for the last guys on or off the roster...like it has been in years past for mathews...need to show up and show out...

Last edited by a moderator:
i probably keep thigpen as the 6th wr and emergency rb active on game day...but it's a tough call...i'd rather landry get his run at wr in game but i think he may get caught in a numbers thing there more than he should...

i'm not interested in most of the depth rbs...think i can do better off someones cuts...the williams kid has played in 2 game like scenarios and put the ball on the ground in both...can't have it

the only other wr i'd consider for the 53 is binns...but i think i'd pass with the other 5 options healthy...

i don't like the depth tight ends this team better be careful with dion sims he goes down they got nothing to handle his role...

also i guess i should say hazel hasnt really shown me much to date but it's hard to really evaluate those depth wrs that i havent seen before when the qbs timing is not very good and he's got tunnel vision...he needs to show more for me to use a p squad spot there...him and cone only 2 i'd consider but not for the 53...game 4 will be big for the last guys on or off the roster...like it has been in years past for mathews...need to show up and show out...

Thigpen is a jack of all trades and I think if given the opportunity he could be a pretty good weapon in the offense either in the slot or coming out of the backfield. It would be nice to keep a player like that around and develop him like the Patriots did with Edelman, but it would mean we'd have to make a tough cut elsewhere. I agree at RB we should just keep 3 and have a 4th on the practice squad, doesn't really matter who just as long as its a warm body. RB should be a priority in next years draft...

Due to his age, 26, I think Kevin Cone needs to make an NFL roster this season or it might be time to give up the dream.

If they only keep 5 WRs, I expect at least 1 to wind up in the AFC East. If I had to guess it would be Binns with the Jets. My gut tells me They keep 6 and Binns sticks. I like Cone but the position is too deep.

If Sturgis' groin is still an issue breaking camp, they need to consider releasing him and going in a different direction.

thigpens problem is we have 3 capable nfl quality slots in front of him in gibson mathews and landry...so it becomes a do you ever really think you will get to play the guy for anything other than specials thing as a returner or what i think has to be weighed also as a in game emergency rb in the event you decided to activate say only moreno and miller...

you could finish a game with thiggy as your rb if you needed to...he's versatile enough...

these are the kind of things i'm personally weighing...that and who exactly of the fringe 53 guys is really that much better or has that much upside to offset it...i don't see much fringe wise future nfl difference makers...

one thing though that i'm certain of is this team has 5 nfl quality wrs who can play i'll be damned if i cut any of them...i wouldn't sweat cutting anyone else at wr after those 5 and it coming back and biting you...

Omar is the absolute worst. He needs to let the medical staff worry about Sturgis' injury. If they think yoga would be beneficial, they will mention it to him. Omar is not and never was an NFL kicker, nor does he know the specifics of the injury. Did Omar ever consider that perhaps Sturgis' groin injury did not come from activities with David Garrard?

This is a professional journalist? What standards are they using in hiring practices these days?

As far as Delmas' dancing in concerned, I would say it depends on what you consider dancing. Jordan Tripp is likely a much better dancer.

I have noticed terrible spelling and grammar errors on the bottom line of Major News channels. Omar has relatives in high places?

Who really gives 2 hoots about players dancing? Unless, Omar is auditioning for E! or TMZ?

The real downside is; its makes articles on byu football by Dick Harmon (here in SLC) seem Pulitzer Prize worthy.

thigpens problem is we have 3 capable nfl quality slots in front of him in gibson mathews and landry...so it becomes a do you ever really think you will get to play the guy for anything other than specials thing as a returner or what i think has to be weighed also as a in game emergency rb in the event you decided to activate say only moreno and miller...

you could finish a game with thiggy as your rb if you needed to...he's versatile enough...

these are the kind of things i'm personally weighing...that and who exactly of the fringe 53 guys is really that much better or has that much upside to offset it...i don't see much fringe wise future nfl difference makers...

one thing though that i'm certain of is this team has 5 nfl quality wrs who can play i'll be damned if i cut any of them...i wouldn't sweat cutting anyone else at wr after those 5 and it coming back and biting you...

I remember Belichick even had Edelman playing corner back in an AFC Championship game once against the Ravens. Don't get me wrong, he looked horrible at it (against Boldin) but a jack of all trades player like that can be valuable.

Back
Top Bottom