8/12 - Camp Tweets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/12 - Camp Tweets

2 days in a row that Omar's tweets have made my head hurt. He 'says' the most inane things just to seem important or intelligent.

Omar has 'groin' issues; who would have guessed??
Yeah. He had his balls removed

a typo is a typo, you see those same types on CNN as well.
That's not really a typo, it's not understanding the basics of the English language.

Spelling a word wrong is a typo. Using a word with a different meaning is not understanding the language

I have my doubts about Thigpen being a jack of all trades in this new offense. Sure, maybe in Sherman's offense he could learn a few runs or short passing routes, but I don't think he's had the time to learn several positions in the new offense. His versatility has been diminished somewhat in a new offense imo.

I could see Thigpen catching a hitch pass or a shallow drag, but if you eliminated those routes I don't think Thigpen would be one of the Dolphins top 10 receivers.

i think he definitely has versatility in this offense but the bottom line is there are now more better options in front of him for each one of those roles...minus the kick returner job...he's pretty polished with some of the things he does as a pass catcher...for a rb coming into the league by trade

but i don't know if it will end up being enough value...i guess how and when he gets his run in the next 2 preseason games especially the 3rd should be telling...they should know what he can do by now but if he is in the plans i would expect to see him get run doing different things in game 3...if not i'd say he's being phased out

That's not really a typo, it's not understanding the basics of the English language.

Spelling a word wrong is a typo. Using a word with a different meaning is not understanding the language

Oh please. I've accidently typed 'your' instead of 'you're' or visa versa as a typo. Doesnt make it any less of a typo just bc the word actually typed has a meaning. It only means spell checker didnt catch it because the word actually exsists. And further more, if he's using his phone, than it could have even be auto-corrected incorrectly as well.

You guys make so much out of the dumbest ****.

Due to his age, 26, I think Kevin Cone needs to make an NFL roster this season or it might be time to give up the dream.

I was at Training Camp today and I'm familiar with most of the player numbers, but #15 looked good on multiple plays. I had made up my mind that Cone was just a camp body before seeing him in action. Somebody told me that #15 was Kevin Cone and my immediate reaction was, I didn't believe him - who is it?
However #15 is indeed Kevin Cone and believe it or not he did look very good on multiple plays. Very polished route runner and he made some good catches. He moved like an experienced NFL professional.
BTW - Yes, he's 26 but that is still 13 years younger than Peyton Manning. I guess that makes him too old to play in the NFL.

I was at Training Camp today and I'm familiar with most of the player numbers, but #15 looked good on multiple plays. I had made up my mind that Cone was just a camp body before seeing him in action. Somebody told me that #15 was Kevin Cone and my immediate reaction was, I didn't believe him - who is it?
However #15 is indeed Kevin Cone and believe it or not he did look very good on multiple plays. Very polished route runner and he made some good catches. He moved like an experienced NFL professional.
BTW - Yes, he's 26 but that is still 13 years younger than Peyton Manning. I guess that makes him too old to play in the NFL.
Maybe that's why cone was running with the 1s in camp. I remember seeing him working with tannehill frequently

Oh please. I've accidently typed 'your' instead of 'you're' or visa versa as a typo. Doesnt make it any less of a typo just bc the word actually typed has a meaning. It only means spell checker didnt catch it because the word actually exsists. And further more, if he's using his phone, than it could have even be auto-corrected incorrectly as well.

For grins I just typed "by"using the electronic keyboards of both a tablet and a smart phone. Guess what? "By" is exactly what showed up! So then I typed "buy" on both and again, got exactly what I typed.

So him typing "buy" is more likely a manifestation of stupidity and less likely the admitted foibles of a self-correcting electronic KB. And if someone representing the journalistic integrity of a major newspaper, supposedly a college grad, and with several years of experience is committing these grade school level errors, then it speaks more to his shortcomings than the "dumbness" of anyone of us pointing it out! (Still trying to figure out what you being his internet white knight suggests)

Meh...I get evaluated at work based on my written performance as well as other factors, and I don't have anywhere NEAR a writing job. If I made these kinds of kindergarten mistakes, I'd hear about it.

He's a scrub.

So what youre saying is that there shouldnt be as much stringent attention to detail and followed criticism when a "journalist" has a typo because they didnt proofread their work, as someone who is posting on a message board or texting.

I hope if I ever make a 500 billion dollar mistake at work, they understand that it was just one decimal place. No big deal.

Meh...I get evaluated at work based on my written performance as well as other factors, and I don't have anywhere NEAR a writing job. If I made these kinds of kindergarten mistakes, I'd hear about it.

He's a scrub.

Again, I would agree if I didnt see these types of mistakes in every news outlet out there. And honestly, I think the same thing. It's ridiculous for a paid journalist or editor to make as many mistakes as they do, but for Omar to get reemed based on a typo on a Tweet is just nitpicking because people hate Omar.

Again, I would agree if I didnt see these types of mistakes in every news outlet out there. And honestly, I think the same thing. It's ridiculous for a paid journalist or editor to make as many mistakes as they do, but for Omar to get reemed based on a typo on a Tweet is just nitpicking because people hate Omar.

That may be a fair statement. Also may be fair that Omar has asked for it.

So what youre saying is that there shouldnt be as much stringent attention to detail and followed criticism when a "journalist" has a typo because they didnt proofread their work, as someone who is posting on a message board or texting.

I hope if I ever make a 500 billion dollar mistake at work, they understand that it was just one decimal place. No big deal.

i didnt ****ing say any of that. My point is that people are only harping on Omar...because well...it's ****ing Omar. Typos in journalism annoy me, but Im certainly not going to make a mountain over a mole hill either. And, you and I may be in the same line of work, because I would be terminated on the spot if I made a mistake with a decimal point.

Last edited by a moderator:
For grins I just typed "by"using the electronic keyboards of both a tablet and a smart phone. Guess what? "By" is exactly what showed up! So then I typed "buy" on both and again, got exactly what I typed.

So him typing "buy" is more likely a manifestation of stupidity and less likely the admitted foibles of a self-correcting electronic KB. And if someone representing the journalistic integrity of a major newspaper, supposedly a college grad, and with several years of experience is committing these grade school level errors, then it speaks more to his shortcomings than the "dumbness" of anyone of us pointing it out! (Still trying to figure out what you being his internet white knight suggests)

Really? When you typed in an actual word, it didn't try to correct it? And you think spell checker is going to correct a word that's already an actual word? I'll let you figure this one out on your own.

And on your 2nd point, it's the same shortcomings of every other journalists on the internet. And I'm not so much defending Omar here as much as I am ridiculing the complaint it's self.

Back
Top Bottom