8/12 - Camp Tweets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/12 - Camp Tweets

Every day these training camp tweets get hijacked by (or buy...don't really care which you prefer) some stupid crap. Might as well stop posting them...not much football talk generated only whining and moaning about some irrelevant asinine occurrence.

Really? When you typed in an actual word, it didn't try to correct it? And you think spell checker is going to correct a word that's already an actual word? I'll let you figure this one out on your own.

And on your 2nd point, it's the same shortcomings of every other journalists on the internet. And I'm not so much defending Omar here as much as I am ridiculing the complaint it's self.

no it won't correct an actual word.. so if consciously he typed "buy" of course it wouldn't correct it to "by." (even though the KB is likely twice as smart as he). Just more indication that he's a dummass. And yes I hate electronic KBs cuz of their assumptive logic but like most anyone else who takes pride in what reflects upon me, I go back and manually correct the mis-assumptions. So Omar is lazy as well I guess. And it's "itself" FWIW.

Every day these training camp tweets get hijacked by (or buy...don't really care which you prefer) some stupid crap. Might as well stop posting them...not much football talk generated only whining and moaning about some irrelevant asinine occurrence.

Omar's spelling mistake on a tweet being the biggest issue from today's practice has to be a good thing, right?

Cam Wake schooling Juwan James reminds me of Apollo schooling Rocky during the training/comeback part of Rocky III. Hopefully James can up his game, cuz you know Cam Wake ain't goin' 100%.
Wake: "C'mon Rook! These guys are gonna knock your head off!!"

no it won't correct an actual word.. so if consciously he typed "buy" of course it wouldn't correct it to "by." (even though the KB is likely twice as smart as he). Just more indication that he's a dummass. And yes I hate electronic KBs cuz of their assumptive logic but like most anyone else who takes pride in what reflects upon me, I go back and manually correct the mis-assumptions. So Omar is lazy as well I guess. And it's "itself" FWIW.

This post doesn't reflect that you go back and correct anything. I like how you correct me with an admittedly incorrectly spelled word, but use mis-assumption which isn't even a part of the English language.

So my whole point is that it's unlikely Omar is dumb enough to think 'buy = by'. I agree it's lazy of him not to check his work, but it's everywhere. There's daily examples out there. These journalists are pumping out articles by the second and it doesn't seem the editors are doing anymore than clicking spell check and then letting it pass.

I agree. And this time it's entirely on me and I'm usually the one complaining about threads being derailed. My fault. I'll try to hold my tongue (or fingers in this case?) in the future.

i didnt ****ing say any of that. My point is that people are only harping on Omar...because well...it's ****ing Omar. Typos in journalism annoy me, but Im certainly not going to make a mountain over a mole hill either. And, you and I may be in the same line of work, because I would be terminated on the spot if I made a mistake with a decimal point.

Im just saying Omar is a moron and IMO tweeting and writing blog messages (like Omar does) isnt journalism, although if he is reporting he should be held to the highest standards. It ruins their credibility. I cant take someone serious who doesnt proof when proofing is a fundamental part of their job.

I mean when guys like Jeff Darlington and (the other guy who writes for the boston globe now) get promoted over other like Omar and Armondo dont it should tell us something

Im just saying Omar is a moron and IMO tweeting and writing blog messages (like Omar does) isnt journalism, although if he is reporting he should be held to the highest standards. It ruins their credibility. I cant take someone serious who doesnt proof when proofing is a fundamental part of their job.

I mean when guys like Jeff Darlington and (the other guy who writes for the boston globe now) get promoted over other like Omar and Armondo dont it should tell us something

:lol: Probably their inability to accurately access a player's performance more than anything else! That being said, I wish Omar & Armondo would both get canned or move on or SOMETHING! Of course with my luck, they'd come to the DFW area and I'd have to hear them on local radio.

If he continues to show well in preseason he won't be on the practice squad long if at all...someone will claim him.

Sad that Fede, a 7th round pick, flashes more in camp than the #3 overall pick from last year.

Shows what a crap shoot the draft can be. Remember back in 1988, we took Eric Kumerow in the 1st, and he was basically a bust. The same draft we took Jeff Cross in like the 8th or 9th round, and he was a solid starter for 8 years or so.

i didnt ****ing say any of that. My point is that people are only harping on Omar...because well...it's ****ing Omar. Typos in journalism annoy me, but Im certainly not going to make a mountain over a mole hill either. And, you and I may be in the same line of work, because I would be terminated on the spot if I made a mistake with a decimal point.

People are obsessed with him if you haven't noticed. It's like the ones who always listen to radio shows they hate. They like to get riled up.

To be fair…is this an Omar typo on his last tweet?

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 8h
I swear....I good hustler knows his customers....I KNOW my twitches.

I know the "twitches" part is not a mistake, but the "I good knows his customers" is awful.

I have no issue with people messing up with typos or whatever here, but a journalist should not mess up as much as he does. It is his job to have stuff like that right and he makes mistakes all the damn time.

Back
Top Bottom