8/19 Panthers/Dolphins joint practice | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/19 Panthers/Dolphins joint practice

**** happens and some players are more predisposed to injury than others. Modern medicine allows for much quicker recovery these days as well. 8 months is a typical time line in this day and age, especially for an athlete.

Right, and Id much rather this happen now, as opposed to after we've had to make tough cuts and maybe cut a good safety to keep him and said safety gets picked up by another team and excels. At least now we have 3 weeks to evaluate the next men up.

Could we cut Delmas with some kind of injury settlement or something?

Bumped into an official who was working today's practice at my hotel. Asked him if the field was bad. He said, "No. Freak injuries."@AdamHBeasley

This is in line with what my buddy Panthers fan was saying, usually that field is solid .

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!!! So if we have to play NE in December, how do you think the field will be like with snow? We also play in London and it's always raining in London.

What do you suggest?
Huh? We didn't HAVE to practice on this field. He has complete control over practices and should exercise that control wisely by not putting his players in positions of risk. Also, NE and London will be professional fields. Very different from an off-season practice on a small college field.

If Philbin was an effective control freak, I wouldn't have minded seeing him decline this practice if he determined the field wasnt up to standards. Whatever the case, the field probably wasn't that bad and Delmas' knee just can't handle football anymore.

Probably took HGH to heal Quicker, than steroids to get stronger. And than "snap" goes the acl.

Same as knowshon, dude use to show up completely out of shape his whole career, by season time he was beast mode, and it didn't take long for his ligaments to snap either.

You claimed this in another thread with no evidence and I never remember hearing about that incident you talked about. Can you provide a link or something?

So how does the NFL combat all these injuries? Stricter steroid testing? Weight limits? Weight room limits? The human body obviously cant take what the athletes are putting it through these days. Idk about you guys but I'd rather see players a little slower and smaller and playing all 16 games than to have these roided out beefcakes running around getting hurt every other game.

So how does the NFL combat all these injuries? Stricter steroid testing? Weight limits? Weight room limits? The human body obviously cant take what the athletes are putting it through these days. Idk about you guys but I'd rather see players a little slower and smaller and playing all 16 games than to have these roided out beefcakes running around getting hurt every other game.

Injuries happen. Some guys are just injury prone. Look at a guy like our own Greg Jennings. How often is he hurt? Most players don't get hurt frequently. Delmas was injury prone before he came here. We were warned. Same goes for Albert. We were warned

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago

At the end of practice I heard Panthers O-linemen telling Dolphins O-linemen they feel sorry for them because of Miami's D-line. LOL
8 retweets 6 favorites

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 5m5 minutes ago

I wasn't sure because I didn't know the caliber of Miami's O-line, but Ndamukong Suh is a monster. Abusive & violent. It's not an act either

At the end of practice I heard Panthers O-linemen telling Dolphins O-linemen they feel sorry for them because of Miami's D-line. LOL
8 retweets 6 favorites

I wasn't sure because I didn't know the caliber of Miami's O-line, but Ndamukong Suh is a monster. Abusive & violent. It's not an act either

I'm not sure why people are shocked by this...

8 retweets 6 favorites

our d-line is a blessing for our o-line. they are like the weight baseball batters use on their bats

8 retweets 6 favorites

I only read about one sack on Tannehill today and I'm not sure where it came from but I think it was the DE for the Panthers lined up over James. Oh and Jamil Douglas got beat once too...so two miscues for the O-line and one by a rookie. From the few tweets before the Delmas injury it sounded like we ran the ball very well and Tannehill didn't miss a throw.

our d-line is a blessing for our o-line. they are like the weight baseball batters use on their bats

I think this more than anything is going to make them so much better. Especially when they play teams like the Bills/Jets with monster D-lines themselves. It should minimized the chances that they're overwhelmed by those teams in the trenches. Not to mention when they go against teams that aren't as talented they should play well if not dominate

"So how does the NFL combat all these injuries?"

Not too sure what they can do, but a few things I would hope would happen:

1) Expand final rosters from 53. Maybe to 56 or even 60? Hey, they're dropping like flies!

2) Which would also mean expanding the game day roster from 45 with those inactives as well.

3) Shelve any talk about expanding the regular season to 18 games. I would love more football as much as anyone, but it's a meat grinder as it is. Cutting 2 preseason games for two more that matter means more injuries when guys have to play.

My favorite quote/tweet of the day...

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly · 36m36 minutes ago

I tore my Achilles playing basketball. Worst ****ing injury ever. After 3 years I've finally gotten my golf swing back.

Achilles is one that i really dread...in my late 30s now play hoops 3 times a week

Back
Top Bottom