A Great Argument for drafting TE Pitts at #3 overall | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your choice @ #6 if not Pitts?

• Total voters
Any of the top WR’s would be fine with me. I prefer Waddle simply because of his speed and the ability this speed gives him to score anytime he touches the ball. Yet I would not complain if the selection is Chase or Smith.
Parsons is the only player on the list I wouldn’t want at 6. I have no problem with them going defense at 18 but the pick at 6 has to be a receiver,IMO.

Any of the top WR’s would be fine with me. I prefer Waddle simply because of his speed and the ability this speed gives him to score anytime he touches the ball. Yet I would not complain if the selection is Chase or Smith.
Parsons is the only player on the list I wouldn’t want at 6. I have no problem with them going defense at 18 but the pick at 6 has to be a receiver,IMO.
Waddle is also probably the best punt returner in college the last thee years and one of the most electric ever! That's an added plus players like Toney and especially Waddle bring..return SKILLS!

Why? I would be surprised if he goes before 6. The wilcard is Atlanta but they either trade out or grab Matty's replacement.
They aren’t drafting a QB. They just reworked Ryan’s contract. They can’t get out of his contract until 2023 without getting hammered for dead money. I hope Atlanta trades out otherwise I would be surprised if they didn’t take Pitts.

Harris @ #6..no...trade back or even take him @ #18..he's likely still there. Not at #6!
It's never too early to get a pro bowl player but I understand your point. I think he will be a Derrick Henry type back. But I did say if we can't trade back and Pitts and Sewell are off the board...

It's never too early to get a pro bowl player but I understand your point. I think he will be a Derrick Henry type back. But I did say if we can't trade back and Pitts and Sewell are off the board...
Well he'll likely be there at 18..so just wait..you know? That's what I'm sayin!

They aren’t drafting a QB. They just reworked Ryan’s contract. They can’t get out of his contract until 2023 without getting hammered for dead money. I hope Atlanta trades out otherwise I would be surprised if they didn’t take Pitts.
They could trade him next season and not hurt too badly.
Edit: OK so it would be 40 mil dead cap but they could save 8 mil. I stand corrected

They can sit him for 2 years. They may not get a shot at a QB this early again.

Will make for a fun draft.

Please forgive my ignorance, I'm not sure who to take between Chase and Smith and have questions about both that maybe some of y'all will be kind enough to answer. I have heard that Chase cannot get separation and a lot of his catches are the contested type. Is that an accurate observation? If so, why would a WR like that be considered the best WR in the class? If he can't get separation in college, will be even harder for him in the NFL? As for Smith, is he is too light? Do WRs built like him translate to the NFL? How has he faired in college against the top-level CBs? Wouldn't he be going against similar, although better prepared, CBs in the NFL? Why would the NFL be different for him if the CBs are built the same?
The thing with Chase is not that he doesn't necessarily get separation it's that he gets it late in the route plus he only had one year of production and sat last college season. He has a much sturdier frame than Smith being about 6ft tall and weighing about 200lbs. He's also a year younger. Smith on the other hand has been super productive for almost three seasons and is coming off a Heisman Trophy season. He gets open fast and has had great success against the best corner backs college had to offer. The knock on Smith is that he has a slender body frame being 6'1" and weighing only about 170lbs. Many are afraid he won't hold up to the rigors of the NFL with his body type. It will be interesting to see which way Miami will go with that decision. I want them to draft Pitts but if he is not there or Miami prefers a wide receiver instead, I think Smith would be a better fit with Tua's skillset.

They can sit him for 2 years. They may not get a shot at a QB this early again.

Will make for a fun draft.
The only problem with that is they would be wasting valuable "cheap" years of a rookie QB contract. I think that's why so many people couldn't understand what Green Bay did by taking Love in the first round while they still had Rodgers.

I really hope we don’t make the mistake of drafting this guy. He is a great high point guy but I see little to no separation from the defender in all of his highlights. We already have that in Geiseki, Parker, and Williams. We want the Slim reaper! He is going to tear it up with Tua. I don’t understand how some people have him as the 3 best receiver. Waddle was hurt and Chase linked out of the season. Who was the last receiver that put up 1800 yards in a season? I really don’t care if he is 170 pounds. He is a complete monster and already has a relationship with Tua. The stars have aligned perfectly and that’s why we traded up to 6.

I really hope we don’t make the mistake of drafting this guy. He is a great high point guy but I see little to no separation from the defender in all of his highlights. We already have that in Geiseki, Parker, and Williams. We want the Slim reaper! He is going to tear it up with Tua. I don’t understand how some people have him as the 3 best receiver. Waddle was hurt and Chase linked out of the season. Who was the last receiver that put up 1800 yards in a season? I really don’t care if he is 170 pounds. He is a complete monster and already has a relationship with Tua. The stars have aligned perfectly and that’s why we traded up to 6.

You know who incoming in 3....2....1....

At first I was not interested in a TE as much as WR....but its clear he is the best pass catcher in the draft. I would be ecstatic if we drafted him at 6.

On another note, Trask has some nice ball placement. Im not sure why he isn't being talked about more as a top QB prospect (not for the Fins though).

Back
Top Bottom