About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him...

Could you imagine if Flo had won the power struggle?

Brisette or equivalent is QB1 waiting for Watson’s suspension to end.

Gaskins is the leading rusher with 349 yards.

Waddle and Bowden are WR1 and WR2 and have 837 yards combined.

Tyreek is a Jet. Tua is a Brown.

Defense allows 19.1 ppg instead of 24.1

Last place in AFCE at 3-7, but we’re still hoping for the 49ers to lose every week

Am I missing anything? Flo supporters / Watson fans - help me out.
This post is so spot on I had to look away because I almost threw up in my mouth.

This post is so spot on I had to look away because I almost threw up in my mouth.
Yeah, I have to give him credit as that's exactly how I see it would have played out my gut turned thinking that's what we could be experiencing instead.

Tua is no doubt better because of Tyreek and Waddle, as would every QB ever. Once again, everyone thinks in black and white. Both can be true. Just like Maholmes is elite but Tyreek made him a little better too.

So glad we kept Tua and booted Flo.
Imagine how much better he is as a player knowing that the coach doesn't HATE you.
That your new coach released the shackles and actually really cares about you.
Add in a better o line,play calls being better,a very good fb and two top end wrs.
Tua and the O has carried this team this year for the most part.
Also a HC that values running back. That’s a change

Does everyone recall how we used to have multiple receivers running to practically the same spot on the field? That used to drive me insane. Tua was basically in a no-win situation. And somehow, we still won games with him at QB.

Does anyone think McDaniel would come out on a cold, wet day in Nashville with the playoffs on the line with a similar game plan to the one Flo created?

We are now blessed with a coach/QB combo that rivals anyone in the NFL.

To include this year, what is our record with and without Tua after he was named the starter? Other QBs have had everything that he has had and more. When Tua was named starter, then after the AZ game Williams got hurt, he was playing with practice squad wide receivers and 3rd string RBs and still won games. Fitz had a completely healthy team and was 3-3 when he got replaced. Tua is a winner PERIOD!

If Tua is being carried by anything, it's play calling built around his strengths, but ya know...football is a team sport, so to some extent isn't every player being "carried" by another? By the same logic are Hill and Waddle not being carried by having a great QB? 😄
yup.. was marino carried by duper and clayton
montana with rice and taylor.

the lists go on and on.. like you said football is the ultimate team game

The argument that Tua is only good because of his WRs would make sense if Tua was like a borderline top 10 QB at best. But he’s in fact having one of the best QB seasons EVER. You don’t put up stats comparable to Hall of Famers’ MVP seasons by just having great receivers. Pretending otherwise at this point is just being ultra stubborn for no reason

Yeah, I mean before Brady, the Goat was Joe Montana. Wasn't Bill Walsh a genius coach too? Wasn't the west coast offense just perfect for Joe montana's skills? Most saw Joe as the greatest or one of the greatest qbs of all time before Brady
And if I recall correctly, Montana was throwing to arguably the best WR to ever play the game in Jerry Rice....but you never hear that Jerry carried Joe 🤷‍♂️

Tua is no doubt better because of Tyreek and Waddle, as would every QB ever. Once again, everyone thinks in black and white. Both can be true. Just like Maholmes is elite but Tyreek made him a little better too.
I agree, but it's the fact that so many try to downplay Tua's great play this year because he has Hill and Waddle is what gets annoying. How many media guys are giving credit to Tua for Hill and Waddles season (on course for a record setting season for a receiving duo)? Maybe there are some, but it seems to be the other way around more often than not.

The only people saying that Waddle and Hill have been carrying Tua are the same people who have been negative in regards to Tua all along. The fact is they didn’t know what they were talking about before this season and they are just too dumb to admit they have been wrong about Tua all along.

They are all just individuals who are below average in their own lives and in their jobs and they just want everyone to be the same as they are.

Back
Top Bottom