About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him...

Tom Brady was averaging 25 TDs for his first 6 years as a starter. The year he got Randy Moss he throws for 50 TDs. Breaking news elite weapons help make life easier.
Peyton Manning was very good with Marvin Harrison, then he was even better with Reggie Wayne. Then better with Dallas Clark. Etc.

Never heard anyone say Mahomes was only good because of Tyreek and Kelce and Andy Reid’s offensive system. Weird.

Anyone who says Tua is being carried by his WRs should try, you know, watching football. On Sunday he turned what should’ve been a sack by a free rusher into a touchdown pass to *checks notes* Alec Ingold, then threw a perfect corner end zone pass 20+ yards downfield into tight coverage with less than one yard of separation at time of catch for a touchdown to *checks notes again* Trent Sherfield.

That was just the first half.

Yeah, I feel that's one of the dumbest knocks I've seen on Tua ... "Oh it's the offensive system is the only reason." So your saying an offensive system built to use your QB's strengths and give him the tools to execute your plan is something your team shouldn't be doing to prove your QB is good??? Like I don't get the logic behind that argument. In the end, everyone wants a Front Office / Coach to utilize their players and give them the ability to succeed and now that's a knock agaisnt a player playing great it's laughable.
Yep, doesn't matter how your offense puts pts on the board, talor the scheme to your QB's strengths, and if the QB can execute (easier said than done) you will reap what you sow. Tua continues to prove doubters wrong. All he has left to prove is to execute in inclement weather and meaningful games(for playoff seeding and in the playoffs). I have faith he will put us in position to win those types of games in the near future

Never heard anyone say Mahomes was only good because of Tyreek and Kelce and Andy Reid’s offensive system. Weird.

Anyone who says Tua is being carried by his WRs should try, you know, watching football. On Sunday he turned what should’ve been a sack by a free rusher into a touchdown pass to *checks notes* Alec Ingold, then threw a perfect corner end zone pass 20+ yards downfield into tight coverage with less than one yard of separation at time of catch for a touchdown to *checks notes again* Trent Sherfield.

Seems like every pass to sherfield there is little separation, and Tua is placing perfect balls. Sherfield has impressed with his sure hands and propensity to make tough catches, really like what I'm seeing from him thus far.

Well, for some years Hill played with Maholmes, who nobody is going to dispute being a top QB, yet this year with Tua, Hill is on pace to break a record for most yards...On a team that also has another premier WR.

Tua has found ways to spread the ball as well as he can, while allowing Hill to continue ue his run to immortality.

Yeah, I think Hill is happy to see Tua getting him the ball, and not missing Maholmes much right now. Nobody is carrying anybody through this season, on the contrary, everyone is carrying his own weight and then some.

This is the next evolution of Tua haters
I didn't hear many people torching Herbert when he was throwing to Williams and Allen or Burrow throwing to Chase and Higgins
Burrow literally won a Heisman throwing to what looks to be two potential hall of fame talents at LSU and Justin Jefferson may very well be a generational talent.

"Never heard anyone say Mahomes was only good because of Tyreek and Kelce and Andy Reid’s offensive system. Weird."

Exactly! This is where Tua is still being judged unfairly. With most QBs they get too much credit. With Tua, the detractors don't give him enough. It's all the people who claim Tua has limitations. They fail to understand that what they perceived as limitations don't matter much to playing QB. QB is about getting the ball out on time and accurately to the right receiver. Everything else is of lesser importance. Tua always showed a lightning fast release, accuracy and timing. Anybody who couldn't see that is a poor evaluator. Anybody who thinks size and arm strength are more important than those other traits is a poor evaluator.

The question going into this season decision-making. Anybody who watches film knew that too often the past two seasons Tua didn't have any good options so people would have to be ignorant to claim that he was a poor decision-maker based on those seasons. The question was more about whether McD's offense would provide more good options and how fast Tua would learn the system.

I had to call out stupid Stephen A Bit**h Smith after his segment. He says Tua is benefiting from taking a 5 yard pass and taking it to the house. Where are these plays?!

1668529504894.png

Someone else on finheaven said the same thing I tweeted. Kudos to him/her for brining this stat up. Amazes me how many angles they try to attack Tua on.

This argument is as dumb as the one talking about who is better, Popovich or Duncan. Coaches need elite players to win. QBs need talent around them to succeed similar to elite talent needs a QB who can put them in position to be elite.

You can’t have one without the other. Are there outliers? Always. That isn’t happening here.

Having an offensive minded coach who knows how to change the offense 180° makes the difference.
If Flores was still coach, I don't think any of this would have happened.
Happy that Ross canned him.

Was Russel Wilson being carried by Lockett and Metcalfe?

It's not about one or the other, it's a relationship. Why are people so stupid and unable to enjoy good football when they see it?
Time to change your AVATAR - LOL

Feel free to use facts to destroy any of those idiots' false narrative some still seem to be clinging to

Tua is balling out and thats an undisputed fact. Ofcourse it helps to have two dynamic recievers. His numbers would not be as gaudy with lesser recievers but that doesn't take from the fact that sude is improving right before our eyes. Would montana have been great without rice and taylor? Who knows

Back
Top Bottom