About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him...

I liked watching this clip, I thought I'd share it. . It was funny how Terry didn't go along and went total opposite. I do find Terry entertaining. I'm so glad miami got whatchamadoodle from kansas city lol, Hell of a WR. Skip to 10:52 for miami part, but whole clip was good imo

I think Herbert, Burrow and Tua are each good qbs. It would be interesting if all three were on the free agent market at the same time. If you had $40 million per year to offer each of the three and they were each interested in coming to Miami which one would you want the team to sign? I might say Tua, but a big part of that is he's part of the Dolphin family and I'm bias. Let's say you're a fan of the Broncos and you had a chance for you team to add Herbert, Tua or Burrow who would you bang the table for?
I love Tua. If I had the choice for any of the 3, the first would be Burrow, the second Tua, then herbert. I think Burrow and Tua have the IT factors that herbert lacks despite herbert being more physically talented than both tua and burrow. I pick Burrow for the fact of health. Burrow had the bad knee injury his first season, but I do worry about the longevity of Tua's career compared to Burrow. If a large sum of money is to go to any of the 3 qbs and choice of getting any of them. I pick Burrow first for reason's I said

I agree 100%. Some seem to feel in order to lift their opinion of one player they have to trash another. It was the same way when people felt in order to praise Herbert they had to take shots at Tua in the process. The truth is 2020 was Herbert's year, 2021 was Burrow's and looks like 2022 is Tua's. Come 2025 or 2026 if all three are good qbs nobody will care which one reached the level first.
If all these qbs continue this trajectory, this could be a qb class that ranks among 1983 qb and 2004 qb class. And could actually have more great qbs in first 2 rds. Everyone knows 83 and 2004 draft for qbs in first rd. But don't forget Hurts was drafted in 2020 draft but 2nd rd. So think about that. Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Hurts if they all became franchise qbs, And the difference 2020 would be to 2021. Fields is looking like something special, idk about the up and down for lawrence. But mac jones is medioce, trey lance a raw qb and out for season and Wilson a bust. 2021 class pales in comparison to 2020 qb class. 2020 had quite the wr class too. Chase, Waddle and Smith?, pretty damn good wr class too

I understand that perspective. And time will tell if that opinion on him will change. It's very hard to compare. What I don't understand is why some people on our beloved site (not you) feel the constant need to talk **** about Herbert for no reason other than he was drafted by another team in the same year. Why can't we be positive about our team's choice (Tua) without dumping personal attacks on a kid (Herbert) who has great talent and character?

Is this a generational thing? It truly baffles me.
People talk **** about him because there fed up with hearing all the negative Nancies saying we should have taken him over our guy . We Didn`t , Tua`s our guy so they should get over it . Also in the media Herbert can do no wrong well our guy according to the media and the nancies does everything wrong .

People talk **** about him because there fed up with hearing all the negative Nancies saying we should have taken him over our guy . We Didn`t , Tua`s our guy so they should get over it . Also in the media Herbert can do no wrong well our guy according to the media and the nancies does everything wrong .
I have no problem with lively debates over any player, or in this case Tua/Herbert as long as its based on football knowledge and doesn’t lower itself into reactionary personal degrading attacks on someone they’ve never met. Had we drafted Herbert and the Chargers taken Tua, and people were talking **** about Tua I would say exactly the same thing.

FYI I agree with you about the media regarding Tua.

If all these qbs continue this trajectory, this could be a qb class that ranks among 1983 qb and 2004 qb class. And could actually have more great qbs in first 2 rds. Everyone knows 83 and 2004 draft for qbs in first rd. But don't forget Hurts was drafted in 2020 draft but 2nd rd. So think about that. Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Hurts if they all became franchise qbs, And the difference 2020 would be to 2021. Fields is looking like something special, idk about the up and down for lawrence. But mac jones is medioce, trey lance a raw qb and out for season and Wilson a bust. 2021 class pales in comparison to 2020 qb class. 2020 had quite the wr class too. Chase, Waddle and Smith?, pretty damn good wr class too
It was 2021 with all that quality at wr, not 2020. But I agree, 2020 was special talent wise at qb as 2021 was for wrs.

I understand that perspective. And time will tell if that opinion on him will change. It's very hard to compare. What I don't understand is why some people on our beloved site (not you) feel the constant need to talk **** about Herbert for no reason other than he was drafted by another team in the same year. Why can't we be positive about our team's choice (Tua) without dumping personal attacks on a kid (Herbert) who has great talent and character?

Is this a generational thing? It truly baffles me.

I haven’t seen anyone attack Herbie on a personal level, so that one is baffling. I also haven’t even seen any attack Tua on a personal level either. So I’m not sure where the personal attack thing is coming from. What I am talking about is what others have highlighted. Tua has ice water running through his veins in big moments, as ways has. Herbert shrinks in big moments and big games with very few exceptions. Many fans and media pendants are starting to see the light on their golden boy who for some reason escaped any criticism for 2 years. Some of us who saw it early were baffled to how Herbie had excuse after excuse while Tua was absolutely crushed. Again, solely talking about qb play, not personal. Now it feels like we’ve exited the twighlight zone and the world makes sense again. Tua is being seen as a winner and Herbie is seen as the guy you don’t want the ball in his hand when the game is on the line.

It was 2021 with all that quality at wr, not 2020. But I agree, 2020 was special talent wise at qb as 2021 was for wrs.
Idk chase waddle and smith are pretty special especially the first 2. Chase is a top 5 wr and waddle a top 10 in my opinion. Stats wise waddle is top 5 right now. Hill and Jefferson are arguably no 1 as best Wrs in the league. Can’t go Wrong either way. 1A and 1B , it’s a push between those two imo

I haven’t seen anyone attack Herbie on a personal level, so that one is baffling. I also haven’t even seen any attack Tua on a personal level either. So I’m not sure where the personal attack thing is coming from. What I am talking about is what others have highlighted. Tua has ice water running through his veins in big moments, as ways has. Herbert shrinks in big moments and big games with very few exceptions. Many fans and media pendants are starting to see the light on their golden boy who for some reason escaped any criticism for 2 years. Some of us who saw it early were baffled to how Herbie had excuse after excuse while Tua was absolutely crushed. Again, solely talking about qb play, not personal. Now it feels like we’ve exited the twighlight zone and the world makes sense again. Tua is being seen as a winner and Herbie is seen as the guy you don’t want the ball in his hand when the game is on the line.
Diversity of thought is a blessing in life. I choose to focus on our beloved Dolphins and refrain from spending energy looking for negatives to point out in players on other teams. We are playing very good football. Our rookie coach is brilliant. Our QB is blossoming before our eyes. even our OL and running games is showing promise.

Much to be greatfull for!

Diversity of thought is a blessing in life. I choose to focus on our beloved Dolphins and refrain from spending energy looking for negatives to point out in players on other teams. We are playing very good football. Our rookie coach is brilliant. Our QB is blossoming before our eyes. even our OL and running games is showing promise.

Much to be greatfull for!
Fair enough, I can respect that. It a far cry from the bet you once offered but it’s a great pivot! All the best to you sir!

Feel free to use facts to destroy any of those idiots' false narrative some still seem to be clinging to

I agree, sure they play and the defense has to respect their speed. But look at last week, believe they had about 90 yards between the two of them and Tua still threw for almost 300 yards. The fact they are carrying him just doesn't hold water

I love Tua. If I had the choice for any of the 3, the first would be Burrow, the second Tua, then herbert. I think Burrow and Tua have the IT factors that herbert lacks despite herbert being more physically talented than both tua and burrow. I pick Burrow for the fact of health. Burrow had the bad knee injury his first season, but I do worry about the longevity of Tua's career compared to Burrow. If a large sum of money is to go to any of the 3 qbs and choice of getting any of them. I pick Burrow first for reason's I said
Then everytime you watch a Bengals game, you see Burrow and say to yourself....damn I wish he was my QB. :nkck:

Make no mistake...this offense wouldn't look like it does without Hill coming in. It's lazy and ignorant to say Waddle and Hill are "carrying" Tua, but they certainly contribute to the offense's success, whether they're targeted or not. EVERY single DC and DB in this league doesn't want any part of that combination...especially when you have a QB who is showing to be dead accurate in getting them the ball. What's a defense to do? If you focus on the duo, like Cleveland did, you get ripped up everywhere else. If you don't over-cover them, they WILL smoke you. No-win situation if they're playing like they currently are...Tua included.

Back
Top Bottom