About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him...

Ok so everyone says, "Tua looks good, but it's because they added Hill." Here's a scary thought for you... take away Waddle from the roster, but add Hardman, Sammy Watkins and Kelce. Those were Mahomes four main targets in 2020. As much as we love Waddle, could you imagine the numbers Tua would put up in this offense if he had Kelce, Watkins and Hardman flanking Hill? I would go as far as to say if Miami hadHill, Kelce, Hardman and Watkins and only won 1 super bowl title the national media would be all over Tua, regardless of what his numbers looked like and regardless of how many times they made it to the title game and came up short.

The Browns game plan was to play a light box and double both Waddle and Hill. Clearly, they considered the two speedsters a threat, so there is a kernel of truth behind the statement. The problem with the statement is that it goes too far. The OL was perfectly capable of taking advantage of a light box. Tua did a great job of distributing the ball and correctly going through his progression. The statement that Hill and Waddle carried Tua is ludicrous.

I mean there's a big difference between improving offense production and carrying a QB. Tua is playing better, but the spread between last year and this year isnt as big as the jump in production and its much closer than people think... Tua was getting rid of the ball faster last year, he was just as accurate, He was still in the top 10 at avoiding sacks...

Its not like Tua is this new player from no where, He's just not dealing with a **** scheme anymore and he's got great receivers instead of **** receivers... Of course production will improve.

Seems like every pass to sherfield there is little separation, and Tua is placing perfect balls. Sherfield has impressed with his sure hands and propensity to make tough catches, really like what I'm seeing from him thus far.
He is representing that #14 extremely well. Almost every aspect of his game is eerily reminiscent of another Miami Dolphins receiver that used to wear that same number. Coincidentally enough, he also used to play for the team we just beat on Sunday. Sherfield is a straight up dog. He is perfectly suited for his role within this offense.

He is representing that #14 extremely well. Almost every aspect of his game is eerily reminiscent of another Miami Dolphins receiver that used to wear that same number. Coincidentally enough, he also used to play for the team we just beat on Sunday. Sherfield is a straight up dog. He is perfectly suited for his role within this offense.
Who is Jarvis Landry? Feel like a contestant on jeopardy, haha

I was waiting on this thread, if you can't see how fast Tua unloads the ball and is a scheme that is dictated by his strengths then you are a flat out idiot. We just need a 2 minute drill without all the motion. I hope McyD is working on it.

Its a team sport. They all "carry" each other in as much as they all try to work together, compliment each other to succeed as a team. Thats the way this **** is supposed to go.

Yeah, I mean before Brady, the Goat was Joe Montana. Wasn't Bill Walsh a genius coach too? Wasn't the west coast offense just perfect for Joe montana's skills? Most saw Joe as the greatest or one of the greatest qbs of all time before Brady

Agree. It'd have been ridiculous then to say Rice & Taylor carried Montana. Just like now, to say Tua is carried by Hill & Waddle.

I haven’t looked through all the comments, so I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned, but what I really love are all the people during the offseason that said “Tyreek wouldn’t put up numbers with Tua throwing him the ball” are now the same people that are saying “well Tua only looks good because he has Tyreek to throw to.” You can’t have it both ways

Someone should let the remaining doubters know: Tua's average yards after catch per completion in 2021 was 4.6 yards. That's with a hobbled Parker, rookie Waddle, Grant, Wilson, Williams, Bowden, Hollins and Ford. This year with a more seasoned Waddle and the explosive Hill, the average yac per completion has balloned to 4.6 yards, no difference from 2021. So to say Tua is getting fat on short passes that Hill and Waddle pad with a ton of yac is very incorrect. Of course some of the national talking heads have realized this fact so now they're changing their narative to state Tua is hitting wide open wrs down field.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom