According to Drew | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Drew

Boomer

Why do you feel so confident we won't take Rogers, and who do you think we'll take?

I dont want Smith. I wouldnt mind rodgers but if we had to choose between Smith and the 3 rbs I would take Brown

Boomer said:
I've been telling you for months that the 9ers will take Smith - it's ALWAYS been Smith. Miami however will not take Rodgers.

Agreed. They'll trade down.

I would like Rodgers if he fell to us, the major concern with Rodgers is they are saying he doesnt have prototytpical size and concerns that he is anothe "Tedford" qb. Well 6'2" isnt prototypical, but is tall enough that throwing lanes shouldnt be a major factor. As far as teh Tedford factor, I dont buy it. You can make the argument for Akili, he was a one year star, so yes he was unproven. Rodgers has faced alot of adversity to get where he has, he is mentally tested, and has teh physical tools.

Smith I dont like 2 things, only avg arm and he played in a gimmick offense and out of teh shotgun. The former will net against his intelligence, which he has an abundance of, to negate some of that strength as some of his physical capabilities will limit some things, and he is a longer project for what should be from teh #2 spot. JMO

It's looking like WIlliam Hung for the Dolphins at #2 guys..So forget it!
C'mon!!

Boomer said:
I've been telling you for months that the 9ers will take Smith - it's ALWAYS been Smith. Miami however will not take Rodgers.

Why Simon? What's wrong with Rodgers?

Steve

Off topic: Man, I've got some bogus news. I just found out that I have to go to a wedding which is out of town the weekend of the draft! I probably will end up missing the whole thing. What's up with their priorities! The nerve of some people!! If my daughters weren't the flower girls, I would bail for sure!! I think I'm gonna hurl!!

BSQX4 said:
S.F. now will pick Alex Smith at 1 and the Dolphins will take potential franchise Q.B. Aaron Rodgers. This was on the Sunday night sports in Miami.
Drew who?

If SF takes Alex Smith, you can bet that the world will be watching to see what the fins do, and you can bet that we will use every second of the 15 minute allotted time to trade down.....If that happens, it will be a fun afternoon fellas. :wink:

SWS84 said:
Why Simon? What's wrong with Rodgers?

Steve

Off topic: Man, I've got some bogus news. I just found out that I have to go to a wedding which is out of town the weekend of the draft! I probably will end up missing the whole thing. What's up with their priorities! The nerve of some people!! If my daughters weren't the flower girls, I would bail for sure!! I think I'm gonna hurl!!

That sucks man, just bring a small radio with some headphones put the ear piece in your right ear and sit on the end. You'll be all set you wont miss a thing.

I agree with Drew, anytime you have the chance to draft a franchise qb, you should do so.

hmw70 said:
I agree with Drew, anytime you have the chance to draft a franchise qb, you should do so.

I agree Roger or Smith can be franchise qb's either one will do for me
If Frye,Campell,Chang and those others guys are so good how come 49er's dont draft them #1 overall?

PHINSfan said:
Well Boomer has been saying all along that San Fran has Smith rated higher than Rodgers. So... If Rodgers is there at #2 do we take him? I would not be too upset if we did.

Rodgers is the next in a long line of average to less than average pro QB's who thrived under Jeff Tedford in college....Akili Smith, Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller. Take a look at those guys because if we use the #2 on Rodgers, in a few years, thats what we'll have....:shakeno:

Question for everyone, especially Boomer:

Do you guys think that if Rodgers falls to #2 it increases the chances of someone else wanting to trade up for the pick?

I would love it if we got Rodgers. He's still the best player on my draft board. I would also be happy with Braylon Edwards. I would be distinctly less happy with Ronnie Brown.

Back
Top Bottom