According to Ross, Leonte Carroo was the second-rated receiver on the board for Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Ross, Leonte Carroo was the second-rated receiver on the board for Miami

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Leonte Carroo - WR - Dolphins

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said third-rounder Leonte Carroo was the second-ranked receiver on their draft board.

Despite having three quality starters at receiver, the Dolphins traded three picks including third- and fourth-rounders next year to move up for Carroo in the third round. The price tag speaks to how highly Miami valued the Rutgers product, and it makes it likely he is given a fair shot to unseat Kenny Stills as the No. 3 receiver. With good speed and elite ball skills, Carroo could end up being one of the steals of the draft.

Source: Palm Beach Post
May 10 - 11:54 AM

2nd rated wr in the class on a teams board better be able to unseat a #3 wr option...yeesh

also if that's true anybody want to tell me that Miami didn't reach for a corner unless you think howard was rated higher than the 2nd rated wr in the class for Miami

which with these evaluators nothings impossible I suppose :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course we reached Hoops. We had to. You even said so yourself?

lol. What does our owner know about football? lol

This wasn't a great receiver class but even still this is hard to believe. He might have been their second rated slot receiver but the second receiver overall?

841b50e9cf1816065a703d765213234fcfbca8664d95eb6487dc57555903d6da.jpg

Actually as a Rutgers fan and following that program, Caroo has a bit of that "it" factor. He will become the 2nd boundary receiver after he gets acclimated. He's the real deal as a solid #2 (w jarvis in slot).

2nd rated wr in the class on a teams board better be able to unseat a #3 wr option...yeesh

also if that's true anybody want to tell me that Miami didn't reach for a corner unless you think howard was rated higher than the 2nd rated wr in the class for Miami

which with these evaluators nothings impossible I suppose :lol:

I'm sure the Fins liked Carroo and thought he would've/should've been drafted sooner, but I find this a little hard to believe.

This wasn't a great receiver class but even still this is hard to believe. He might have been their second rated slot receiver but the second receiver overall?

841b50e9cf1816065a703d765213234fcfbca8664d95eb6487dc57555903d6da.jpg

Hes much more than a slot receiver. Agreed the wr class isn't that great but I can see why he was number 2 on the list. He played for Rutgers and had a crap QB throwing to him last year. So not much pub. But he is gonna become a fan favorite, you watch.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

lol. What does our owner know about football? lol

The title reads on Miami's board. Not Ross's.

if he's a #2 upside wr ( and fellas that kids not sniffing devantae parker level talent) then it's hard to believe that he's the 2nd rated wr in a class...if the 2nd rated wr in the class only projects as a #2 tells you the class stinks and you probably got that grade a little skewed to begin with

if he's on the field in 12 personnel over Jarvis landry that will be quite the eye opener for me otherwise he's gonna be 3rd fiddle for quite a while with parker and landry in house

hurry up and get here football these next 2 months are as painful as it gets

I wasn't high on drafting a WR, let alone 2, but I think this gives Gase numerous wrinkles in his offense, more options for Tanne, and great insurance should any of Parker / Landry / Stills get injured. I like Hazel too, but why not welcome the competition.

You know , it's funny because people act like Ross has no idea about anything having to do with football .

I think it's absurd to think that a guy who is around that much has no clue when it comes to football . I'm not saying he should be making decisions for the team , but people here act as if Ross has never seen a game of football in his life .

I'd bet my life that he knows more football than many of the guys on this board . I'm not saying all , but many of them . He's around the coaches and gms enough where I'm sure they clue him in on why they liked a guy or what the scouts saw in him or whatever it may be .

( I'm not a Ross fan , I'm just tired of people acting like the guys IQ is below 70

We seem to have rated Carroo a lot higher than other teams, or he would have been snapped up elsewhere. His highlights video was pretty impressive but I recall old Gil Brandt was very dismissive and suggested that Miami reached in drafting him in the 3rd round. We should find out pretty quickly what he has to offer in training camp. Let's hope our scouts got this one right but if we liked him so much, I don't understand why we didn't draft him when we drafted Drake. Only conclusion is that we really really liked Drake and had to have him.
I'm actually more worried about the Drake pick than Carroo. Time will tell.

Leonte Carroo - WR - Dolphins

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said third-rounder Leonte Carroo was the second-ranked receiver on their draft board.

Despite having three quality starters at receiver, the Dolphins traded three picks including third- and fourth-rounders next year to move up for Carroo in the third round. The price tag speaks to how highly Miami valued the Rutgers product, and it makes it likely he is given a fair shot to unseat Kenny Stills as the No. 3 receiver. With good speed and elite ball skills, Carroo could end up being one of the steals of the draft.

Source: Palm Beach Post
May 10 - 11:54 AM

If this is true then the draft order of Drake and Carroo makes even less sense.

Back
Top Bottom