According to Ross, Leonte Carroo was the second-rated receiver on the board for Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Ross, Leonte Carroo was the second-rated receiver on the board for Miami

You know , it's funny because people act like Ross has no idea about anything having to do with football .

I think it's absurd to think that a guy who is around that much has no clue when it comes to football . I'm not saying he should be making decisions for the team , but people here act as if Ross has never seen a game of football in his life .

I'd bet my life that he knows more football than many of the guys on this board . I'm not saying all , but many of them . He's around the coaches and gms enough where I'm sure they clue him in on why they liked a guy or what the scouts saw in him or whatever it may be .

( I'm not a Ross fan , I'm just tired of people acting like the guys IQ is below 70
I concur. Ross was in the Draft room. He was watching our board. He saw where we rated the respective players. It is unusual for him to talk about specific players but I would accept his comments because he was there. Only conclusion to be drawn from this is that we really like Carroo.

if he's a #2 upside wr ( and fellas that kids not sniffing devantae parker level talent) then it's hard to believe that he's the 2nd rated wr in a class...if the 2nd rated wr in the class only projects as a #2 tells you the class stinks and you probably got that grade a little skewed to begin with

if he's on the field in 12 personnel over Jarvis landry that will be quite the eye opener for me otherwise he's gonna be 3rd fiddle for quite a while with parker and landry in house

hurry up and get here football these next 2 months are as painful as it gets

Interestingly, Bolden was the 6th WR taken in 2003 and ended up the 2nd best WR in the class:

2003 1 1 2 2 Charles Rogers Lions Michigan State
2 1 3 3 Andre Johnson Texans Miami (FL)
3 1 17 17 Bryant Johnson Cardinals Penn State
4 2 12 44 Taylor Jacobs Redskins Florida
5 2 13 45 Bethel Johnson Patriots Texas A&M
6 2 22 54 Anquan Boldin Cardinals Florida State
7 2 28 60 Tyrone Calico Titans Middle Tennessee State

I consider Bolden a step down from receivers like Fitzgerald, AJ Green, and Julio Jones, but a very good receiver.

Maybe Carroo can have similar success.

I don't doubt this, as their action follows it. Getting Drake first makes since as well as it was a need, but after addressing 3 major needs with our first 3 pics they went for a luxury pick as they were amazed he was still on the board. He was highly regarded going in to the draft, but fell due to being 5'11'', and he had a domestic violence arrest. Many including CBS had him in the top 5 in talent pool, but domestic violence is huge deal in the NFL right now. It was a very poor WR class, as Fuller went in the 1st round even though he drops as many as he catches, and Treadwell ran a 4.6.

I'm excited to see Carroo in action and think one day we may be thanking our lucky stars for this pick...but what do I know? I thought Brian Hartline wouldn't amount to jack squat and he is somehow still in the NFL.

Out of all of the team's picks, the Drake one stands out to me as a bit of a head-scratcher...which in a weird way makes me think Gase has the most planned for him. Methinks it took a decent amount of selling on someone's part to have him drafted as high as he was, with compensation given to boot. All eyes will be on Drake as far as how he is being utilized. I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of minicamp reports of him being split out amongst the wideouts on several plays.

Not that we have ever been a fantastic judge of talent....

Last report I saw said we had a 2nd round grade on him.

a lot of physical receivers get compared to Anquan but i don't think these people making comparisons realize HOW physical Anquan was.

Nothing against Carroo as I hope he turns out to be the 2nd best WR of this draft. However, that Miami felt the need to draft a WR shows how MORONIC the owner and those calling the shots really are.

They could have just resigned Rishard Matthews to a relatively inexpensive contract (3 years, $15 mil, $5 mil guaranteed is what the Titans paid) when letting him go created a need (based on their actions) in which the decision-makers deemed in necessary to mortgage the future?

Tannehill whom struggles to makes plays put up the following numbers when throwing to Matthews:
43 of 61, 70.49%, 662 yards, 15.4 ypc, 10.85 ypa, 4 TD, 1 int...121.07 QB rating

Tannehill's numbers when throwing to everyone not named Matthews:
320 of 525, 60.95%, 3,606 yards, 11.26 ypc, 6.86 ypa, 20 TD, 11 int...85.46 QB rating

So in looking at the big picture, the decision-makers let the player Tannehill had most success throwing to walk when that player is just entering what should be his prime (26 years old) and then spent a 3rd, 4th and 6th to "try" and replace him...F'ing clueless MORONS running this team.

This franchise has turned into the blueprint for how NOT to build a winning franchise.

Nothing against Carroo as I hope he turns out to be the 2nd best WR of this draft. However, that Miami felt the need to draft a WR shows how MORONIC the owner and those calling the shots really are.

They could have just resigned Rishard Matthews to a relatively inexpensive contract (3 years, $15 mil, $5 mil guaranteed is what the Titans paid) when letting him go created a need (based on their actions) in which the decision-makers deemed in necessary to mortgage the future?

Tannehill whom struggles to makes plays put up the following numbers when throwing to Matthews:
43 of 61, 70.49%, 662 yards, 15.4 ypc, 10.85 ypa, 4 TD, 1 int...121.07 QB rating

Tannehill's numbers when throwing to everyone not named Matthews:
320 of 525, 60.95%, 3,606 yards, 11.26 ypc, 6.86 ypa, 20 TD, 11 int...85.46 QB rating

So in looking at the big picture, the decision-makers let the player Tannehill had most success throwing to walk when that player is just entering what should be his prime (26 years old) and then spent a 3rd, 4th and 6th to "try" and replace him...F'ing clueless MORONS running this team.

This franchise has turned into the blueprint for how NOT to build a winning franchise.

You do know that Matthews did now want to come back to the Dolphins...he wanted a fresh start and a chance to be a legit number 2 and not be a 3rd option with Landry and Parker on the field.

If this is true then the draft order of Drake and Carroo makes even less sense.

oh yeah I forgot about drake too...this doesn't make sense the #2 wr on the board talk unless Miami also reached for the rb due to need at 73 too

which once again can't be ruled out :lol:

You don't think they reached on Howard then whatev.

oh I do indeed think that...why you think my avatar tag line says "another day 2 disaster"

this team reached out the nose

caroo probably the only one that was in line value wise in terms of where he was picked

Back
Top Bottom