According to Ross, Leonte Carroo was the second-rated receiver on the board for Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Ross, Leonte Carroo was the second-rated receiver on the board for Miami

Matthews was a huge part of the offense last year. Miami cannot afford to regress in the pass game, and even though his productivity can be made up with a healthy Parker, I like the intentions of this kid to play asap.

Landry's going to be a FA next year, I would rather give him the 5 mil a year than Matthews, Carroo won't make anywhere close to 5 mil on a rookie deal, so I don't really see the problem. Hey we seemed to reach for most of these players, but at least they showed conviction on who they wanted on this team, who cares if we lose a 6th and a couple of picks next year that will be basically nullified with the comp picks we will be receiving.

He probably means he was the second rated receiver left on the board when we picked him...

so in essence you are saying they traded up AND they reached in the process...sound stuff on day 2 I must say

:lol: whatev

They wanted a large press corner...couldn't pass on Tunsil in round 1 so they panicked a little in round 2....I just hope he is worth it.

2nd rated wr in the class on a teams board better be able to unseat a #3 wr option...yeesh

also if that's true anybody want to tell me that Miami didn't reach for a corner unless you think howard was rated higher than the 2nd rated wr in the class for Miami

which with these evaluators nothings impossible I suppose :lol:

I always notice around this time of the year that everything we do is awesome and somehow we always outsmart the rest of the NFL in the draft.
I remember hearing how awesome Pat White and John Beck were

I always notice around this time of the year that everything we do is awesome and somehow we always outsmart the rest of the NFL in the draft.
I remember hearing how awesome Pat White and John Beck were

You always find a way to turn things into a negative.

People loved the Landry pick. It's worked out well so far.

People loved the Devante Parker pick. It's worked out well so far.

I love how you associate people being excited for a pick as the pick being a failure.

God forbid people get excited about a slew of new players on the team.

You always find a way to turn things into a negative.

People loved the Landry pick. It's worked out well so far.

People loved the Devante Parker pick. It's worked out well so far.

I love how you associate people being excited for a pick as the pick being a failure.

God forbid people get excited about a slew of new players on the team.

Nowhere did I say people shouldnt be excited but many people on this board are excited and overhype every damn player we draft or sign.
Very rarely do many on this board say much bad about a pick is my point.
if people want to feel that Caroo was the second best wr in the draft more power to them but its not based in much reality

I have to admit that I believe Carroo will turn out to be a better player than Jarvis Landry.

I dont see that at all. Landry is a stud and he looked like a stud when we drafted him. I believe Caroo is much more limited overall than Landry but thats just me

Can Carroo become a faster version of a young Hakeem Nicks? I could see Carroo being part Nicks/part Pierre Garcon. Parker, Stills, Landry, Grant and Carroo give Tannehill a solid set of weapons.

There is no question Caroo was not a reach at the end of the 3rd round. He is a sub 4.5 guy who had great production in College, and catches everything thrown at him. He was only available in the 3rd round because he was suspended for a domestic violence arrest, that was later dropped. Every website that graded players for the draft had 2-3 round grade on him.

The reach was what we did to get back in the 3rd round. To give up 3 draft picks was a reach, as I don't think its a good idea to mortgage next years draft picks for any reason. This has nothing to do with Leonte.

I don't think taking a WR in the 3rd round was a bad move for Miami. Gase's offense constantly uses 3-4 WR sets, and Kenny Stills is not locked in at anything. He only had 27 catches for 440 yards with 3tds last season, and if he doesn't improve probably won't be here next year. Not to mention you have to assume there will be injuries, and we had nothing on our roster after the top 3 guys who would be a viable replacement.

reminds me of a faster version of muhammed sanu...similar body type a little better long speed

Back
Top Bottom